PDA

View Full Version : The CW cancels `Veronica Mars'

Txbroadcaster
05-17-2007, 11:51 AM
NEW YORK - The CW network canceled the cult hit "Veronica Mars" and will try to pick up steam in its second year with series about the snobby rich, transplanted families and a bounty hunter for the devil.

ADVERTISEMENT

The network, created out of the ashes of the former WB and UPN, had already ended the long-running family dramas "7th Heaven" and "Gilmore Girls." On Thursday the ax fell on "Veronica Mars," which starred Kristen Bell as a wisecracking teenage private eye.

Corporate parents CBS Corp. and Time Warner Inc. had hoped the CW could become a fifth major network by combining the best of its predecessors, but it has often slipped behind Univision in the ratings during a disappointing first year.

The new "Gossip Girl," about a group of prep school teenagers in Manhattan, will be given the biggest push. The CW scheduled it for Wednesdays at 9 p.m. after its top-rated program, "America's Next Top Model."

The CW's only new comedy, "Aliens in America," is about a high school student trying to adjust to a Pakistani exchange student. "Life is Wild" is a drama about a New York City family spending a year at a game reserve in South Africa.

The new drama "Reaper" features one of the CW's oldest new characters: a 21-year-old. His parents sold his soul to the devil and he's assigned to track down evil escapees from hell.

On Sunday nights, the network will debut "The CW Now," an entertainment-oriented newsmagazine for 18-to-34-year-olds. "Online Nation" will talk about what's hot on the Web.

In midseason, the CW will bring on a reality show, "Farmer Wants a Wife," about a country guy choosing among 10 women fed up with big-city prospects.

Fox will also release its fall schedule on Thursday.

Email Story IM Story Printable View RECOMMEND THIS STORY
Recommend It:

Average (50 votes)
» Recommended Stories

BuffyMars
05-17-2007, 11:56 AM
:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:

Argh.

The only good sounding show out of that whole bunch is the Reaper. Hopefully, it will be good.

pirate4state
05-17-2007, 11:59 AM
:weeping: :weeping: I was afraid of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :foul: :foul: STUPID!! Always getting rid of the GOOD shows and leaving crap like "America's next top model" on the air :rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
05-17-2007, 12:00 PM
I dont min top model

BUT they cancel a show like VM for one called..Farmer Wants a Wife

Just shows what America is watching these days

BuffyMars
05-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:weeping: :weeping: I was afraid of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :foul: :foul: STUPID!! Always getting rid of the GOOD shows and leaving crap like "America's next top model" on the air :rolleyes:

Or a Farmer looking for a city wife. :mad:

BuffyMars
05-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I dont min top model

BUT they cancel a show like VM for one called..Farmer Wants a Wife

Just shows what America is watching these days

We have got to stop doing this. We are sitting 10 feet from each other now. :doh:

eagles_victory
05-17-2007, 12:25 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65071