PDA

View Full Version : No horsing around: Leonard Davis comes to the rescue

kepdawg
05-16-2007, 10:34 PM
No horsing around: Davis comes to the rescue

10:27 PM CDT on Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Cowboys offensive lineman Leonard Davis went from sinking a birdie putt in Grapevine to saving the life of a horse in Arizona.

After playing in the annual sponsors' tournament at Cowboys Golf Club in Grapevine, Davis flew home Wednesday to pick up some personal belongings. When he arrived at his five-acre home in Chandler, Ariz., he noticed a horse stuck in the mud across the street.

"A horse was waist deep in a sinkhole, and I had to do something," Davis said Wednesday night.

Davis drove his John Deere tractor across the street with friend Roy Garibaldi, a local talk show host. Davis put some straps on the horse's waist and used the tractor to pull "Ranger" out.

"He goes from helping his wife to saving a horse's life," said Garibaldi, alluding to Davis' wife, Amanda, who underwent finger surgery. "Here's this big 360-pound NFL player doing something amazing."

Davis cleaned the horse off with a hose as his neighbors, fire and police department officials looked on.

"I was just doing what anybody else would have done," Davis said. "I wasn't scared at all. I grew up on a farm pulling cows and horses out of the mud. No big deal."

Calvin Watkins

kaorder1999
05-16-2007, 10:41 PM
i would have loved to see him on a tractor

venomous tat2
05-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Kindness must run in his family I know his older brother who coaches in Hearn.:clap: :clap: