PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts on this weeks Region 4 games

Matthew328
11-17-2003, 10:44 AM
Division I

Burnet (11-0) vs Wharton (8-3)
We all know Wharton physically has the talent to compete with Burnet..but last year Burnet wore the Tigers out...I think this may be Burnet's first true test..the other "tests" turned into laughers..so maybe this is the close game Burnet needs..Wharton seems to have gotten it together with 2 gut check wins in a row..plus they have the advantage of having what amounts to a home game..that being said I still like Burnet by 21

Sinton (7-4) vs Zapata (9-2)
Can Zapata represent the Valley against Burnet in the regional final?? No..Sinton is on a roll..Burnet contiunes on their rematch tour as they'll get Sinton again..Sinton by 12...

Division II

Liberty Hill (10-1) vs Yoakum (8-3)
In my bracket I have Yoakum winning...but now I don't see it..Yoakum struggled against a very average Edna squad..LH played an average squad in Marion..but LH blew them out quickly...give me LH by 9

Hondo (9-2) vs Pt Isabel (7-3)
This one looks to be an even matchup....PI is playing well after struggling early..and Hondo is quietly putting together one of their best seasons in a while..give me the Tarpons in a close one..Pt Isabel by 7

Wimberley (8-3) vs Rice Consolidated (9-2)
Rice seems to be struggling a bit..while Wimberley is plodding along beating the teams they are supposed to beat...I think Rice gets it together this week and plays like the favorite they are supposed to be in Region 4..Rice Consolidated by 17

Devine (6-5) vs Lyford (8-3)
Devine pulled the upset last week over West Oso..can they make it 2 in a row? Lyford may be the Valley's best team this year..give me Lyford by 12

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2003, 10:52 AM
Matthew, you do a great job at keeping track of all of this. :)

Tarpon2004
11-17-2003, 06:26 PM
Can Zapata represent the Valley against Burnet in the regional final??

Nah...Port Isabel & Lyford will....when Port Isabel played Lyford there were alot of mistakes commited & 125 or so missed tackles..Port Isabel had a very bad game..Lyford is a good team thought I aint tryin to take nothing from them....no offense but Matthew doesnt really know much about 32-3AAA so his predictions about us are vague just like my predictions from a team way up north would be...but its cool....GLUCK to all!!..PEACE!

Hear that Hondo?...Its the Seawall!!

<small>[ November 17, 2003, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Tarpon2004 ]</small>

sinton66
11-17-2003, 06:29 PM
Ummm Tarpon2004, those teams are in DivII. Burnet, Sinton, and Zapata are in Div I.

Tarpon2004
11-17-2003, 06:36 PM
Sinton66 I was referring to who would Represent the Valley..Division 1 or 2... Burnet will take Everman or Gainesville for Champs..I was just saying P.I & Lyford since they are the only other valley teams left besides Zapata and yea P.I and Lyford are in D2....I think Sinton should beat Zapata thats why I said nah P.I and Lyford will represent the valley..just my opinion.....PEACE!!

sinton66
11-17-2003, 06:50 PM
Sorry, the question was who would represent against Burnet. Guess I tgought you missed the meaning. My bad.

Tarpon2004
11-17-2003, 06:59 PM
Yea I know...I should of worded myself better....but u get it..dont u..lol..PEACE

<small>[ November 17, 2003, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Tarpon2004 ]</small>

footballgal
11-17-2003, 07:43 PM
Tarpon2004:

...Zapata is not in the valley, the RGV officailly stops in Roma! :p

Matthew did pick PI over Hondo by 7 Tarpon2004

<small>[ November 17, 2003, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

sinfan75
11-17-2003, 08:22 PM
Yeah your right.Zapata is not inthe Valley.It's in a place us old roughnecks used to call "GODS COUNTRY"!!

SintonFan
11-17-2003, 08:27 PM
sinfan75:
Yeah your right.Zapata is not inthe Valley.It's in a place us old roughnecks used to call "GODS COUNTRY"!!LOL
I could almost hear the Boomhower voice from "King of the Hill" as I read this. Good one 75! :D

Tarpon2004
11-17-2003, 08:31 PM
Yea I know football gal..I was just saying that the Tarpons and Lyford Bulldogs would be the ones to Represent the valley...

sinfan75
11-17-2003, 08:40 PM
SintonFan:

sinfan75:
Yeah your right.Zapata is not inthe Valley.It's in a place us old roughnecks used to call "GODS COUNTRY"!!LOL
I could almost hear the Boomhower voice from "King of the Hill" as I read this. Good one 75! :D We were workin down there for a month and when we moved the rig to Rio Grande City,even though we were in the middle of a cabbage field (sour kraut odor?)I was one happy camper!!

olddawggreen
11-17-2003, 08:50 PM
sinfan75:

SintonFan:

sinfan75:
I could almost hear the Boomhower voice from "King of the Hill" as I read this. Good one 75! :D We were workin down there for a month and when we moved the rig to Rio Grande City,even though we were in the middle of a cabbage field (sour kraut odor?)I was one happy camper!!I know what your talking about! Ive spent many years in and out of that country chasing leases. I can relate to the sour kraut odor, fortunatly for me I didn't have to stay around it for too long at a time. But I do love working down there.

sinton66
11-17-2003, 08:53 PM
Maybe we ought to do a poll and see whether or not Zapata should be considered "in the valley". I'm sure footballgal would appreciate our efforts! :D :D :D

sinfan75
11-17-2003, 09:06 PM
olddawggreen:

sinfan75:

SintonFan:

sinfan75:
I could almost hear the Boomhower voice from "King of the Hill" as I read this. Good one 75! :D We were workin down there for a month and when we moved the rig to Rio Grande City,even though we were in the middle of a cabbage field (sour kraut odor?)I was one happy camper!!I know what your talking about! Ive spent many years in and out of that country chasing leases. I can relate to the sour kraut odor, fortunatly for me I didn't have to stay around it for too long at a time. But I do love working down there.The rig I was on was down there for about 3 months.Went from Zapata to Rio Grande City to Edinburg.

Matthew328
11-18-2003, 08:26 AM
footballgal:

Tarpon2004:

...Zapata is not in the valley, the RGV officailly stops in Roma! :p

Matthew did pick PI over Hondo by 7 Tarpon2004LOL I just lump 31 and 32 into the Valley...LOL just like people sometimes will lump outlying areas like Stephenville, or Commerce into the Metroplex..