PDA

View Full Version : Burnet musings(related to 4a talk)...

SintonFan
09-30-2003, 11:04 AM
IMHO, Burnet would do well in 4A. To illustrate this just look at Smithson Valley's meteoric rise through classifications and the playoffs. A few years ago a good 4A playoff team to 4A title contender to instantly a 5A playoff team and title contender in the 5A small scruel bracket. They've done well so it can be done.
A couple of years ago I thought similiar thoughts about Sinton and checked CS, Harris and the like for personal comparisons; but didn't want to post it at the chance of sounding incredibly cocky. That happens to be a pet peave of mine. I had never seen quite the team sinton had and was euphoric over the possibilities they afforded. Noone around Sinton thought we could be stopped and they proved that week in week out, further flaming such thoughts of future glory. The whole town was alive with optimism. Then we played Everman in the title game... nuf said eek! . The next year we had the skill players but had to replace both lines and it wasn't the same. Of course Burnet had something to do with last years 'early exit'. There is no true parallel between Sinton and Burnet because Burnet seems somewhat stronger after their title game. What some of the Burnet posters do need to realize is that there could be another 'Everman' out there in the playoffs(LOL including Everman), you just don't know. You should always temper confidence with a touch of humility, just my humble take on it. :)
Most of the Burnet folks do understand this, though. :cool:

BIG19
09-30-2003, 11:09 AM
Very well said SintonFan. This should be reset every year so whomever is at the top can be reminded. Thanks again for the ever classy posts coming from a Sinton poster.