PDA

View Full Version : Don't put babies in the microwave!

kepdawg
05-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Teen charged with burning baby in microwave

02:03 PM CDT on Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Associated Press

GALVESTON - A 19-year-old has been charged with injury to a child after police said his 2-month-old daughter was burned when he placed her in a microwave.
Joshua Mauldin

Joshua Mauldin of Arkansas was in the Galveston County jail early Wednesday. Mauldin, whose bond is set at $250,000, is set to go before a grand jury Wednesday.

He faces a charge of injury to a child, causing serious bodily harm. The charge carries a possible prison term of five to 99 years, as well as a fine of up to $10,000.

At Shriners Burns Hospital on Tuesday, doctors treated third-degree burns the infant suffered to the left side of her face and left hand.

Maudlin arrived at a Galveston hotel last week along with the baby, his wife and mother. He called 911 on Thursday, saying that his baby had been burned in the hotel room when he tripped while carrying a pot of hot water to make coffee.

But police Sgt. Annie Almendarez said investigators later decided the child’s injuries were not consistent with that story. She said investigators believe the child was in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds.

At the time the child was injured, her mother and Mauldin’s mother were picking up dinner at a nearby restaurant.

According to police reports, Mauldin told investigators God ordered him to go to Galveston.

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-16-2007, 06:37 PM
WTH?

KTA
05-16-2007, 06:41 PM
man thats some crazu stuff......people like that dont deserve to have kids. I wonder what the wife thinks?

Angeleyes
05-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
WTH?
My thoughts exactly!!!! WHAT THE HECK was he thinking?????http://www.websmileys.com/sm/sad/852.gif

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-16-2007, 06:46 PM
I wonder if it cooked the insides. I bet nothing tastes quite like microwaved baby.

piratebg
05-16-2007, 06:51 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: ..............................:eek: :eek: :eek:

Angeleyes
05-16-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I wonder if it cooked the insides. I bet nothing tastes quite like microwaved baby. :eek: :eek: :eek::eek: :eek:

sww-bull52
05-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I wonder if it cooked the insides. I bet nothing tastes quite like microwaved baby.

WTH???

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
WTH???

I was being facetious guys, jeez.

Chris Hart
05-16-2007, 09:13 PM
That sorry dude needs the death penalty if he's found guilty!!!! I know the baby survived and that's awesome, but, that sick sucker needs to go if this is indeed true. There are some real losers in this world!!!!!:mad:

zebrablue2
05-16-2007, 10:43 PM
I saw on the news he could get 5 to 99 years. I would give him
99 and throw away the key. Throw him a crumb of bread and a
small amount of water. That is really more than he deserves.

mustang04
05-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
I saw on the news he could get 5 to 99 years. I would give him
99 and throw away the key. Throw him a crumb of bread and a
small amount of water. That is really more than he deserves.

thats way more than what he deserves.....i say they somehow form a device to microwave all his body parts one at a time...starting with the baby-factory

rockdale80
05-17-2007, 12:13 AM
everybody knows a microwaved baby is too rubbery. you put it in the crock pot and let it stew all day for the best results. Only thing is you have to hold the lid on for the first hour.

pirate4state
05-17-2007, 02:04 AM
I swear some people just don't need to reproduce! :mad:

Wiley Rob
05-17-2007, 08:54 AM
I heard a similar story once but the baby died. It was badly burned on the inside. The story said that there weren't many external injuries. I may be a bit naive but I thought a microwave heats things from the inside out. It's a terrible tragedy. Unthinkable.

Ranger Mom
05-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Wiley Rob
I heard a similar story once but the baby died. It was badly burned on the inside. The story said that there weren't many external injuries. I may be a bit naive but I thought a microwave heats things from the inside out. It's a terrible tragedy. Unthinkable.

I have always heard that....but when I am cooking a corndog, buritto, etc. and think it's ready, it is sometimes still frozen on the inside, so I don't understand how it can cook from the inside out.

LH Panther Mom
05-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have always heard that....but when I am cooking a corndog, buritto, etc. and think it's ready, it is sometimes still frozen on the inside, so I don't understand how it can cook from the inside out.
I've had that happen, but have also burned the crap out of my mouth when I got to the inside and had the outside be an ok temp. Maybe "frozen" has something to do with it. :thinking:

Either way, what a complete turd this guy is. :mad: :mad: Who cares if God told him to go to Galveston? Who the hell told him to put the baby in the microwave? That's about as low as you can get. :(

Phantom Stang
05-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Teen charged with burning baby in microwave

02:03 PM CDT on Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Associated Press

GALVESTON - A 19-year-old has been charged with injury to a child after police said his 2-month-old daughter was burned when he placed her in a microwave.
Joshua Mauldin

Joshua Mauldin of Arkansas was in the Galveston County jail early Wednesday. Mauldin, whose bond is set at $250,000, is set to go before a grand jury Wednesday.

He faces a charge of injury to a child, causing serious bodily harm. The charge carries a possible prison term of five to 99 years, as well as a fine of up to $10,000.

At Shriners Burns Hospital on Tuesday, doctors treated third-degree burns the infant suffered to the left side of her face and left hand.

Maudlin arrived at a Galveston hotel last week along with the baby, his wife and mother. He called 911 on Thursday, saying that his baby had been burned in the hotel room when he tripped while carrying a pot of hot water to make coffee.

But police Sgt. Annie Almendarez said investigators later decided the child’s injuries were not consistent with that story. She said investigators believe the child was in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds.

At the time the child was injured, her mother and Mauldin’s mother were picking up dinner at a nearby restaurant.

According to police reports, Mauldin told investigators God ordered him to go to Galveston.
This is a dispicable crime involving a...
REAL LIFE HUMAN BEING!!:mad:

I find all the attempts to find humor in this tragedy to be in EXTREMELY poor taste. :dispntd:

Ok now, bring on the Swarm!!
I can take it!!:kiss:

sww-bull52
05-17-2007, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang

I find all the attempts to find humor in this tragedy to be in EXTREMELY poor taste. :dispntd:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
05-17-2007, 10:15 AM

I agree with you 100%!!!!

Some jokes, while rude, are funny!!

There is NO WAY to make anything about this funny!!!!

mustang59
05-17-2007, 10:24 AM

Thank you.

themsu97
05-17-2007, 10:25 AM
the kid needs the 99 but it needs to go like this... the first few years he needs to be "sister" to the biggest dude in the joint... then the next 10 hanging from a rope that is attached to his "boys"... then he needs to tar and then re-tar all the roofs of the prison only in the months of May, June, July and August with only 1 glass of water for the day and no sun screen...

Ranger Mom
05-17-2007, 10:27 AM
When reading "attempted jokes" like the ones on here......I bet 9 times out of 10, this person does NOT have kids!!

I honestly believe, until they do, they will not understand why we as mothers and fathers feel the way we do when we hear/read something like this!

sww-bull52
05-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
When reading "attempted jokes" like the ones on here......I bet 9 times out of 10, this person does NOT have kids!!

I honestly believe, until they do, they will not understand why we as mothers and fathers feel the way we do when we hear/read something like this!

Agreed 100%

AP Panther Fan
05-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Who cares if God told him to go to Galveston? Who the hell told him to put the baby in the microwave? That's about as low as you can get. :(

Too bad God didn't tell him to cut his wrists and go swimming in the Gulf!:mad:

What a loser!

themsu97
05-17-2007, 11:05 AM
that is right AP fan... isn't it funny that all these people "claim" that God told them to hurt other people but God never told them to jump off a cliff...

Emerson1
05-23-2007, 12:10 PM
This happened again, some mom did it and she thinks she should get the baby back.