PDA

View Full Version : Mathis Schools Closing?

SintonFan_inAustin
05-16-2007, 01:24 PM
have heard this by couple people and one said it came out in the news last night.

44INAROW
05-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
have heard this by couple people and one said it came out in the news last night.
why?

pirate4state
05-16-2007, 01:25 PM
need more details

Ranger Mom
05-16-2007, 01:28 PM
I just did a quick google search and saw where there was talk about closing one of the 5 Mathis Elementary schools.....I wonder if that is what they were talking about??

SintonFan_inAustin
05-16-2007, 01:29 PM
just what i heard now by couple people, not much detail but taks scores or condition of schools. this just what i have heard students to Calallen, Odem and Sinton but guess if its true we hear something soon.

Ray_BearKat
05-16-2007, 02:15 PM
all of Mathis' schools are closing? just the elementary? I wonder whats going on....:confused:

pirate4state
05-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Rumors are that the HS had an unacceptable rating in 2005-2006. Surely they wouldn't get closed down for just ONE year? :eek: Can you imagine!!!! :eek: :eek:

pirate44
05-16-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
just what i heard now by couple people, not much detail but taks scores or condition of schools. this just what i have heard students to Calallen, Odem and Sinton but guess if its true we hear something soon.
do the students get to choose?

Ray_BearKat
05-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Rumors are that the HS had an unacceptable rating in 2005-2006. Surely they wouldn't get closed down for just ONE year? :eek: Can you imagine!!!! :eek: :eek:

if they got it again this year who knows...maybe they would?

so if all the students went to Sinton would that make yall 4A next realignment...could you imagine!:D

pirate4state
05-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
if they got it again this year who knows...maybe they would?

so if all the students went to Sinton would that make yall 4A next realignment...could you imagine!:D :eek: oh no....let them go to Odem & Orange Grove! :D

maroonpirate04
05-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Funny it would go like Calallen-5A, Sinton-4A, and Odem 3A if they happen to attend all these schools:thinking:

Maroon87
05-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
Funny it would go like Calallen-5A, Sinton-4A, and Odem 3A if they happen to attend all these schools:thinking:

We would need about 700 kids to make 5A numbers. We're around 1300 right now.

Ray_BearKat
05-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
We would need about 700 kids to make 5A numbers. We're around 1300 right now.

how is that? seems like that number is getting smaller and smaller as the years have passed, is there no growth in the calallen area?

Blastoderm55
05-16-2007, 05:32 PM
I'll ask my fiancee when she gets here. She works at the junior high.

Buccaneer
05-16-2007, 06:51 PM
how is that? seems like that number is getting smaller and smaller as the years have passed, is there no growth in the calallen area?

You can't move into Calallen unless your kids are recruited by a Little League or Pop Warner Coach.

DDBooger
05-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
You can't move into Calallen unless your kids are recruited by a Little League or Pop Warner Coach. don't have to recruit when ya win, they come to calallen, calallen doesn't go to them!:rolleyes:

DDBooger
05-16-2007, 06:55 PM
how is that? seems like that number is getting smaller and smaller as the years have passed, is there no growth in the calallen area? its slowed down quite a bit as far as residents, but business is actually growing down 624.

piratebg
05-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
its slowed down quite a bit as far as residents, but business is actually growing down 624.

Yeah, I noticed the new Chili's restaurant. :)

DDBooger
05-16-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Yeah, I noticed the new Chili's restaurant. :) HuDat also from what I heard. i haven't been home in a while

piratebg
05-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Oh yeah. I saw Hudat and some Rock N Roll treat place.

Ray_BearKat
05-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I noticed the new Chili's restaurant. :)

yeah i saw it the other day off the highway...we're getting a chili's too here in raymondville...woohoo!!!!:D

SintonFan
05-16-2007, 08:53 PM
yeah i saw it the other day off the highway...we're getting a chili's too here in raymondville...woohoo!!!!:D
Chilis is cool but having a TGIF is better.:p

Ray_BearKat
05-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Chilis is cool but having a TGIF is better.:p

lol i suppose thats what Sinton has?:D

sinton66
05-16-2007, 08:57 PM
Nope, he's in San Antonio.

piratebg
05-16-2007, 08:58 PM
lol i suppose thats what Sinton has?:D

Well, not exactly.

SintonFan
05-16-2007, 08:59 PM
lol
I just happen to like TGIF better than Chilis. Just my personal taste. Heck, anything off the Jack Daniel's menu is mana from the heavens.:inlove:

piratebg
05-16-2007, 09:00 PM
lol
I just happen to like TGIF better than Chilis. Just my personal taste. Heck, anything off the Jack Daniel's menu is mana from the heavens.:inlove:

I love the Jack Daniels ribs. :)

SintonFan
05-16-2007, 09:02 PM
I've never had a good Chilis experience.:( :o

piratebg
05-16-2007, 09:04 PM
TGIF has been good the couple of times I've gone. Applebees too. The only place that the service was horribe for me was at the Texas Roadhouse.

DDBooger
05-16-2007, 09:05 PM
I've never had a good Chilis experience.:( :o crazy i've never had a good TGIF experience. guess we are going to hooters:eek: lol

SintonFan
05-16-2007, 09:06 PM
The only place that the service was horribe for me was at the Texas Roadhouse.
Can you blame them? That place is always packed. No matter where in Texas, Texas Roadhouses are always packed. I like them too...:eek:
I've been to Chilis four times and everytime was bad.:(

SintonFan
05-16-2007, 09:07 PM
crazy i've never had a good TGIF experience. guess we are going to hooters:eek: lol
You see boog? You have to "pay the bill" to not get arrested there(in which helps having a good experience).:tongue: :evilgrin:

DDBooger
05-16-2007, 09:09 PM
You see boog? You have to "pay the bill" to not get arrested there.:tongue: :evilgrin:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/FCarrejo/c2ec6d9c09fba49958c757etv6.gif

SintonFan
05-16-2007, 09:11 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/FCarrejo/c2ec6d9c09fba49958c757etv6.gif
lol
"Don't go there?":D

piratebg
05-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Can you blame them? That place is always packed. No matter where in Texas, Texas Roadhouses are always packed. I like them too...:eek:
I've been to Chilis four times and evertime was bad.:(

We went on a weekday before a movie. There were no more than 4-5 tables occupied. Those tables were on one side of the restaurant. The chick in the front put us on the other. Ten minutes later, no drinks or menus. I stop a waiter and he says he'll be right back. Ten minutes later, no drinks or menus. I stop a waitress and she says she'll be right back. Ten minutes later, no drinks and no menus. I find the manager and and vent my anger, while the waiter and waitress I stopped are flirting and talking by the bar. And for the clincher, my wife was about 5-6 months pregnant and hellbent on a steak. We got the meal free and left the gift certificate given to us for our eventual waitress.

SintonFan
05-16-2007, 09:24 PM
We went on a weekday before a movie. There were no more than 4-5 tables occupied. Those tables were on one side of the restaurant. The chick in the front put us on the other. Ten minutes later, no drinks or menus. I stop a waiter and he says he'll be right back. Ten minutes later, no drinks or menus. I stop a waitress and she says she'll be right back. Ten minutes later, no drinks and no menus. I find the manager and and vent my anger, while the waiter and waitress I stopped are flirting and talking by the bar. And for the clincher, my wife was about 5-6 months pregnant and hellbent on a steak. We got the meal free and left the gift certificate given to us for our eventual waitress.
Sounds like my last Bennigans encounter sans the prego thingy.
:eek:

OnceABucJr
05-16-2007, 11:00 PM
What happened to the Mathis schools closing thread?????

SintonFan
05-16-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr
What happened to the Mathis schools closing thread?????
Sorry once food was mentioned the whole thing went out the window.:eek:

Ray_BearKat
05-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Sorry once food was mentioned the whole thing went out the window.:eek:

so any more info on the school closing? nothing on the news last night?

Maroon87
05-17-2007, 11:52 AM

They're about to start building a new housing development on 624 so I'm thinking the enrollment will start creeping back up.

AP Panther Fan
05-17-2007, 12:45 PM

I think (or hope) this was just an isolated incident with an inexperienced server. I love Texas Roadhouse and have always gotten good service there. It actually amazes me at how fast they are when they are always so busy. :)

I didn't hear anything about the Mathis schools...but I hope it isn't true for their sake (and everyone else's).:cool:

SintonFan_inAustin
05-17-2007, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I'll ask my fiancee when she gets here. She works at the junior high. let us know if you can say what is happening there...

Blastoderm55
05-17-2007, 01:52 PM
She wasn't at liberty to share too much information, but the schools closing is rubbish. Two new programs are actually being implemented at the high school so that Pirate seniors graduate with an associates degree as well as an international studies program. Things are actually going well.

Beeville however...

Buccaneer
05-17-2007, 02:00 PM
I like Logan's more than Texas Roadhouse!

Blastoderm55
05-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
I like Logan's more than Texas Roadhouse!

Agreed, though I heard the Logan's in C.C. got into some trouble with the Health Inspector. :eek: :eek: :eek: