PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone has us spoiled, could you do without your cell?

Fotbol
05-16-2007, 11:01 AM
Remember b 4 caller ID, Cell phones, *69, and all these new age technology gadgets, when someone wanted to contact you, or you wanted to contact someone else you had to go bye, or call when they were at home. I remember when I had to stop and put quarters in a pay phone booth. Now with this new age technology, you can just call up anyone from anywhere with no discomforts, from the convience of your car, office, home, recreation, and just about anywhere. The million dollar question is ...Could you do without your cell phone for a month?

luvhoops34
05-16-2007, 11:05 AM
No way Jose...I would go stark raving mad.:eek:

44INAROW
05-16-2007, 11:10 AM
I could survive but I would not be a happy camper:(

Ranger Mom
05-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I could survive but I would not be a happy camper:(

Me either!

I was texting P4S on the way home from Austin and got to a LONG dead spot.....it just about drove me nuts.

When I finally got through it.....75 miles later....I had 6 texts that came through one after the other!!

I was so excited!!!!!!:D :D

DU_stud04
05-16-2007, 11:16 AM
i just got use to having a cell phone. im sure i could drop it for a month no problem

pirate4state
05-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Me either!

I was texting P4S on the way home from Austin and got to a LONG dead spot.....it just about drove me nuts.

When I finally got through it.....75 miles later....I had 6 texts that came through one after the other!!

I was so excited!!!!!!:D :D

:clap: :clap: ROFL! Isn't it crazy? I hate dead zones! :( I go crazy when my phone battery dies during text messaging :eek:

CHS_CG
05-16-2007, 11:41 AM
There is no way i could do without mine! I hated coming home through west texas in 2004 bc i hit so many dead zones and it sucked.

Jason1725
05-16-2007, 11:54 AM
After having a cell phone for a few years, I canceled it and love the new found freedom. Trust me you can do away with it because not being that accessable is actually really great.

mustang59
05-16-2007, 12:13 PM
It would be tough, but I guess I could do without it if I had to. Really, there are times I wish I didn't have it when it rings non-stop. Last night I was already asleep and it was on the kitchen counter and starting ringing at 11:30. I made a mad dash thinking it could be an emergency with my son only to find it was a wrong number!

Bull19
05-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:clap: :clap: ROFL! Isn't it crazy? I hate dead zones! :( I go crazy when my phone battery dies during text messaging :eek:

WHY TEXT MESSSGE????? ISNT A PHONE MADE TO TALK ON??? IVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD IT.

pirate44
05-16-2007, 12:31 PM
take em all away. i didnt want mine in the first place.

Ranger Mom
05-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
WHY TEXT MESSSGE????? ISNT A PHONE MADE TO TALK ON??? IVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD IT.

I was in and out of service, just easier to send a text and not get cut off!

SintonFan
05-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Jason1725
After having a cell phone for a few years, I canceled it and love the new found freedom. Trust me you can do away with it because not being that accessable is actually really great.
I'll second that!:clap:

CHS_Grad '85
05-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
take em all away. i didnt want mine in the first place. http://www.baptistmoms.com/images/newsmilies/amen.gif

SintonFan
05-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Cell phones are best if in an emergency or if your vehicle breaks down. Besides that they are bothersome.

Ranger Mom
05-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Cell phones are best if in an emergency or if your vehicle breaks down. Besides that they are bothersome.

They can be at times, that's for sure. Your kids aren't old enough to be "out and about" yet. They sure can make you rest easier if you have kids on the go!!!

Fotbol
05-16-2007, 12:51 PM
take em all away. i didnt want mine in the first place. My Parents said the same thing a few years back, needless to say they just switched from Verizon to Cingular, and that's my next Question Who offers the best Service, T-Mobile(mine) Cingular, Verizon, Sprint, or anyother I'm leaving out. I mean with the least amount of dropped calls, better plans, just plain ole good service all around!

SintonFan
05-16-2007, 12:51 PM
They can be at times, that's for sure. Your kids aren't old enough to be "out and about" yet. They sure can make you rest easier if you have kids on the go!!!
Hence the "bothersome" part of it?:D

CHS_Grad '85
05-16-2007, 12:56 PM
take em all away. i didnt want mine in the first place. http://www.baptistmoms.com/images/newsmilies/amen.gif

pirate4state
05-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
WHY TEXT MESSSGE????? ISNT A PHONE MADE TO TALK ON??? IVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD IT. I NEVER THOUGHT I'D PREFER TEXT MESSAGING OVER TALKING, BUT SOMETIMES IT IS THE BEST WAY TO GO!! SOME PEOPLE DON'T KNOW WHEN TO SHUT UP & BELIEVE IT OR NOT - I SOMETIMES FIND IT HARD TO BE MEAN TO MY FRIENDS!! :D:D:D

Ranger Mom
05-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I NEVER THOUGHT I'D PREFER TEXT MESSAGING OVER TALKING, BUT SOMETIMES IT IS THE BEST WAY TO GO!! SOME PEOPLE DON'T KNOW WHEN TO SHUT UP & BELIEVE IT OR NOT - I SOMETIMES FIND IT HARD TO BE MEAN TO MY FRIENDS!! :D:D:D

Just a thought.....but I wonder if Bull19 doesn't text because it's hard to do in ALL CAPS!!!

Well...it is for me anyway....I don't even being to try to capitalize a name, too much trouble!!!

mustang59
05-16-2007, 01:18 PM
They really are great when the kids are out of sight. That is until my son finally learned to "accidentally" turn his off.

Bull19
05-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Just a thought.....but I wonder if Bull19 doesn't text because it's hard to do in ALL CAPS!!!

Well...it is for me anyway....I don't even being to try to capitalize a name, too much trouble!!!

actually it is rather easy for me to do it in ALL CAPS BECAUSE ON MY PHONE THEIR IS A SETTING TO MAKE IT ALL CAPS, SO WHEN I TEXT THEY GET A GENUINE BULL19 TEXT MESSAGE:p

CHS_CG
05-17-2007, 12:02 PM
hey fotbol... tmobile def. is NOT the best out there... i have tmobile and it sucks big time! They have the cheepest plans but you get what you pay for. My contract is up in sept. and if I can keep from upgrading my phone between now and then I am switching to verizon or cingular.

bhtrainer
05-17-2007, 12:27 PM
we had verizon and they just started offerin that new unlimited text plan...well umm my mom wanted to get it cuz i go over every month...it was 30 freakin dollars!!! how ridiculous is that

CHS_CG
05-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by bhtrainer
we had verizon and they just started offerin that new unlimited text plan...well umm my mom wanted to get it cuz i go over every month...it was 30 freakin dollars!!! how ridiculous is that

Well my plan for my minutes was on special last year so i have 1500 for like 49.99 plus add 1.49 a month for call back tone fee plus if i download any durning the month.. 14.99 for unlimited text and pic message. I have unlimited long distance, Unlimited night and weekends, and if I go over my 1500 minutes(which I usually do ) its $.40 per minute

SintonFan_inAustin
05-17-2007, 01:35 PM
without my workphone it would make my job very bothersome. i remember back in Austin before the great invention of pc phones we would carry a text message device that we called BRICKS because it was the size of a brick. Then switched to small text device til Window Pocket PC phones came into business world. think my first pc phone was 2001 thats when i notice this site:)

my personal phone i usually have it off :D

pirate4state
05-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
hey fotbol... tmobile def. is NOT the best out there... i have tmobile and it sucks big time! They have the cheepest plans but you get what you pay for. My contract is up in sept. and if I can keep from upgrading my phone between now and then I am switching to verizon or cingular. you should get sprint - i hate it, but all my friends have it and it makes the mobile-to-mobile minutes so like totally awesome :D

Old Tiger
05-17-2007, 02:06 PM
i need mine