PDA

View Full Version : This years early brash predictions!

Old Cardinal
02-04-2002, 06:25 PM
Last year I made a number of wild early predictions and hit the Bridge City vs Sinton semi-final on the head...........Therefore here I go again....Everman vs Jasper in the finals Division I.........Kennedale vs Bridge City in the finals Division II. Jasper came down from 4A and Everman is the largest 3A enrollment in the State.......Kennedale returns the largest number of skill players in the state. Bridge City will most likely be Div II because Hamshire Fannett is larger,in their new District, and should place in the top three teams, thus getting the Div. I nod. Bridge City's upcoming Seniors, anchored the team as Sophmores & then Juniors-their record is 51-5 since 7th grade football-first 3 years in 4A ranks......Please don't just enter arguments: enter your own brash early predictions!

eye of the tiger
02-04-2002, 06:40 PM
Hey Old Card. Hard to argue the DivI statement. Everman and Jasper both strong possibilities and both large schools, so not much doubt that they will play DivI. I still have to look at enrollments and district changes to see where some of the teams I think will do well will be placed. I think Bridgeport will be strong. I think Forney will be strong even without Blanton et al. My Commerce Tigers should win district 10-3A, but may suffer our even year jinx of late and only go 3 or 4 rounds. Much to look at and I'm sure there will be lots of arguments. You do make a good case for Bridge City

[This message has been edited by eye of the tiger (edited February 04, 2002).]

Ktown2004
02-04-2002, 08:10 PM
I totally agree with both of you. Everman and Jasper but dont leave out Bridgeport with there returning QB. Kennedale will be very strong in the Skill postions and 3 Returning Lineman. Just need to step up that D.

Ktown2004
02-04-2002, 08:11 PM
I totally agree with both of you. Everman and Jasper but dont leave out Bridgeport with there returning QB. Kennedale will be very strong in the Skill postions and 3 Returning Lineman. Just need to step up that D. Kennedale could possible face Bridgeport in the First Round.

Matthew328
02-04-2002, 10:05 PM
How bout these district matchups...Jasper vs Newton and Kennedale vs Everman...wow Kennedale-Everman will be fun too schools that close together and haven't played in forever...dont' forget Kennedale's coach used to coach at Everman and another coach on their staff was Everman's QB from 1994-1996...by the way returning starters Jasper has back 7 on offense and 3 on Defense...Everman has back 6 on offense and 5 on Defense...both with most of their skill people back...just food for thought

BH_146
02-04-2002, 11:23 PM
Old Card, I can't disagree that BC should be very strong next season. In which division they will fall though once the playoffs begins, is in doubt. You state that H-F should be larger but perhaps you mean Hardin-Jefferson since they are the largest school in our district.(H-F is fifth in size this year.) If that is the case, don't bet the farm on H-J making the playoffs. I don't think they are going to be as strong next year as they were this year and they didn't qualify for the playoffs this year. I believe it should be a close race for the 2nd and 3rd spots in your district. I look for Anahuac to make a strong case for one of the two spots. Hamshire-Fannett would be my other choice. I don't know about the strength of Orangefield, you would have a better idea. H-J should be there also. It may be a case of gets to play Bridge City first so they can be healthy for the end of season run.

duckbutter
02-05-2002, 09:21 AM
Old Card in order for BC to get that far in the playoffs they have to come through Newton. Not an easy task!

BH_146
02-05-2002, 10:59 AM
According to the numbers posted in the Houston Chronicle, Bridge City has the largest numbers turned in to the UIL. BC has 753 and the next largest is H-J at 661.

Old Cardinal
02-05-2002, 02:57 PM
Duckbutter, Bridge City is playing Newton the third game of the year! No one down here wanted to play eiher one of us 4A or 3A- that pits us against each other in a 2 out of three, since we both have beaten each other-I to am excited. Well neither one of us will go undefeated, so one want every be ranked in those dumb little polls that favor the undefeated. Again one of the top games in the State!.............B-146 I really thought the H-J was bigger than BC(I had meant to say H-J instead of H-F). Well that puts BC in Div I again. Will BH be Div I or two-----who did you schedule in preseason? BC has Liberty, LCM and Newton lined up. I would have rather we play 4As but Newton is a very tough opponent-you can fine out our weaknesss against Curtis Barbay, cause he will find them for you.

BH_146
02-05-2002, 04:10 PM
Old Card, Cleveland is slightly ahead of us so if Cleveland advances Bridge City will get to match up against them. Otherwise,it could be BC-BH in the first round. Our pre-district games will be against Anahuac, H-F and Dickinson. I think the Anahuac game was a sentimental favorite in which many in the community want to see renewed. I would like to have played them again but as district game though. I hated losing H-F as a district foe. They had become somewhat a rivalry and they have great personel which makes for great competition. Our new district make up should be interesting. Some of the schools like Tarkington and Splendora have really stepped up their programs since we were last in the district together. Cleveland had some young talent, especially the freshmen, who were impressive when we scrimmaged them last fall. And Coldspring did make the playoffs last year. So I don't think anyone will be impressed with our recent regular season winning streak.

Old Cardinal
02-05-2002, 10:30 PM
To: BH-146, BC was last year and someone said they turned in 752 this time.....Huffman-Hargrove was 727 last year, H-J was 719 last year, BH was 694 last year and Liberty was 705......The rumors out were H-H. H-J, and Liberty passed BC up in enrollment along with Cleveland....who knows?...... I have seen two different alignments for BC's District one contains Hardin in a 8 team District and one doesn't contain Hardin in a 7 team district. I questioned this and was assured Hardin came up from 2A....If that is so, BC will play 11 games before post season.....

Old Cardinal
02-05-2002, 10:36 PM
Messed up- BC was 794 last year.