PDA

View Full Version : Best Video Game Athletes

Adidas410s
05-15-2007, 04:15 PM
In no particular order...

- Walter Payton on Tecmo Bowl...sweetness may have been better on the game than in real life
- Lawrence Taylor on Tecmo Bowl...he simply OWNED the backfield and could block virtually any kick
- Ken Griffey Jr on KGJ baseball...if you had to pitch to him, you were better off just putting him on 1st base.
- Joe Kennedy on MVP 03/04...even though he stunk up the mound in real life, I could throw more no hitters with than anybody else on the game. He never had an ERA above 1 on my teams.
- Yosh Tanigawa on Tiger Woods 03/04...he was the hardest guy on the game to beat IMO. No matter where his tee shots went...he stuck EVERYTHING inside of 5 feet on the greens.
- Shaq on NBA Jam...was there anything he couldn't block
- David Ortiz on MLB the Show 2006...that guy hit a crazy # of HR's whenever I faced him.
- Vince Young on NCAA 2006...a guaranteed 2000/2000 player.
- Reggie Bush on NCAA 2006...he may have been even better than VY
- Braylon Edwards (NCAA 05) and Mike Williams (NCAA 06)...nothing more depressing than playing somebody who used Michigan or USC because all you had to do was throw hail mary passes to these guys and they would catch it.

Who do you think of???

SWMustang
05-15-2007, 04:28 PM
I think Tecmo bowl was the greatest ffotball game ever. It was relatively easy to play. Walter Payton was the bomb on that game

Keith7
05-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Mike Vick - Madden 04, first year with the "playmaker" ability, plus 92 speed at QB made him almost impossable to beat

Shaq - NBA live 01 - 05, just hold the L button back the other team to the basket and then dunk, he could go for 80 if you're not playing someone who would call you a cheater

Adam Dunn - MVP '05, he had like 90 power, and someone accidently made him 84 speed, so if he wasn't bashing a home run he would take an extra base either by stealign it or stretching a single into a double

Donovan McNabb - Any football game.. This guy is the best QB in real life so this isn't too hard to imagine

Barry Sanders - Madden '94-'96, hit the spin move and hold turbo, and he was gone...

Ally Brousard (LSU) or Laurence Vickers (Colorado) - NCAA 2006, both had 99 BTK just tap the turbo button as fast as you can and they were always good for atleast 5 yards

J.R. Bremmer (Charlotte Bobcats) - NBA Live 2005, he had 88 FG and 85 3pt, he was the only guy i've eve seen go for 100.. I bet he wishes he was half as good in real life or else he would still be in the league

There are more but I can't think of them yet

SWMustang
05-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Intellivision - I know I'm going waaay back - but they had an MLB game that I still think was the best. The technology wasn't there for the graphics like today, but it was still one of the better ones. Boxing was another good one from Intellivision - Boxer number 3 was indestrutible. Mike Tyson's punch out was probably the best boxing game ever. I whooped up on Mike on more than one occassion.

crzyjournalist03
05-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Boy, this is a great question.

I always seemed to have success on Madden and NFL2k with quarterbacks who were mediocre...I won championships with guys like Danny Wuerfell and Drew Henson as quarterbacks, but I always seemed to lose big games if I had guys like Brett Favre or Troy Aikman.

But as far as best athletes, Marshall Faulk in Madden '04 comes to mind.

What was the name of that old N64 Kobe Bryant video game? Courtside or something? Anyway, Steve Nash was a baller on that from behind the arc!

Jerome Bettis on NFL2k6 on XBox. You could talk him out of retirement every year in the franchise mode if you gave him a one year deal with a very low salary. Put him on the goalline offense as a fullback, and he scored 99% of the time.

Frank Catalanotto was great for hitting a single or double in All Star Baseball '99...I think I had a season where his average was in the .430 range. Rafael Palmeiro had amazing power in that game too. I always won home run derbys against my friends when they picked Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa.

carter08
05-15-2007, 04:38 PM
the OU QB on Bill Walsh College Football for SNES is amazing

MVP Baseball 2004- Roy Oswalt is unhittable

NFL QB Club 98- Any QB-WR combo when running the PL Mid from the Shotgun

Nomar on All Star Baseball 2002 (gamecube) hit a homer everytime

crzyjournalist03
05-15-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by carter08

NFL QB Club 98- Any QB-WR combo when running the PL Mid from the Shotgun

And any starting RB that you put on the kickoff returns would score a TD if he fielded in the endzone. You just had to wait for your defense to break down while you sat on one corner, press turbo running toward the opposite pylon, spin when the defense approached, and make your way for a 100+ yard kickoff return.

carter08
05-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
And any starting RB that you put on the kickoff returns would score a TD if he fielded in the endzone. You just had to wait for your defense to break down while you sat on one corner, press turbo running toward the opposite pylon, spin when the defense approached, and make your way for a 100+ yard kickoff return.

And 44 Lead, Double TE Formation, will get any RB at least 15 yards

crzyjournalist03
05-15-2007, 04:44 PM
what's funny about this thread is that I somehow remember players names from my franchise modes.

I had a RB named Y. Herren that I drafted in Madden '99 in the first round, and he became one of the league's best RBs.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
In no particular order...

- Walter Payton on Tecmo Bowl...sweetness may have been better on the game than in real life
- Lawrence Taylor on Tecmo Bowl...he simply OWNED the backfield and could block virtually any kick
what a game til Madden took over

DU_stud04
05-15-2007, 06:01 PM
i loved techmo bowl. bo jackson was a beast as well. i have techmo super bowl on snes, but it isnt the same :(

kepdawg
05-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i loved techmo bowl. bo jackson was a beast as well. i have techmo super bowl on snes, but it isnt the same :(

Bo Jackson was the man on Tecmo Bowl!

KTA
05-15-2007, 07:48 PM
I 3rd that one, Bo was a bamf on Tecmo Bowl.

Have yall ever downloaded an emulator and played tecmo bowl on your PC? Still pretty sweet;)

c-town_balla
05-15-2007, 07:51 PM
NFL Fever

McNair-to-Mason on any play with a post

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Jay Navacheck on Techmo Superbowl

Any Kicker on Techmo Superbowl, 70 yard field goals

eagles_victory
05-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Georgia ATL (Georgia Tech) Moldy Moss (Holy Cross)'s kickoff returners on Super Play Action Football or any high school team who ran the play deep post

Fal44
05-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Mike Vick- madden 04

Old Tiger
05-15-2007, 09:11 PM
On Madden 98 it didn't matter who the receiver was you could just run the screen.

crzyjournalist03
05-16-2007, 12:23 PM
on Madden '99, when you played the computer, you could just put your starting QB in as the holder on field goals, put in a decent WR as a TE, and run the fake field goal all the way down the field.

shellman54
05-16-2007, 03:36 PM
I always loved Christian Okoye on Tecmo Bowl, defense would just bounce off him, and then you start running zig zag all the way to the end zone!

Adidas410s
05-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
I always loved Christian Okoye on Tecmo Bowl, defense would just bounce off him, and then you start running zig zag all the way to the end zone!

that reminds me of the big TE out of Georgia that was on NCAA 2006. Between him and their fast QB...they were a TOUGH team to beat on that game.