View Full Version : Buying Phones On Ebay

Old Tiger
05-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Any advice/opinions?

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Any advice/opinions?

I worked at Alltel for a while and people came in all the time with stolen phones that they bought off ebay. Just make sure the seller has a very high seller rating and that the phone is compatible with your service, we used to get Sprint phones all the time and people would get irrate when you tell them they are SOL.

crzyjournalist03
just bought one a couple of weeks ago that was "new" and it turned out that it had fluid damage inside. And cell phone companies will not repair phones that have that damage. I would suggest really looking into feedback ratings to make sure that you're getting a new one, as well as making sure you pay via paypal, otherwise its hard to trace money and win a claim.

mustang59
I found that if you're signing a contract with a cell phone company for service it's much cheaper to buy the phone from them.

crzyjournalist03
05-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by mustang59
I found that if you're signing a contract with a cell phone company for service it's much cheaper to buy the phone from them.

that's true, but a lot of times companies won't let you upgrade for a very long period of time, and if you want to get a nice phone like a RAZR, you lock yourself in to another one or two year contract and still have to pay well over $100 for the phone.

Old Tiger
05-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by mustang59
I found that if you're signing a contract with a cell phone company for service it's much cheaper to buy the phone from them. I just did that and got the Motorola Krzr and it is not what I expected.

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-15-2007, 03:37 PM
I just did that and got the Motorola Krzr and it is not what I expected.

I never got one, they offered me one at the store to use as my business phone but it got recalled and there were so many problems with it in the begining I said screw it and kept using my treo 650. Better phone anyways.

DU_stud04
05-15-2007, 03:40 PM
i like those blackberry pearls. might look into getting one when my contract needs renewing in a few months.

any advise for good phones with cingular(or the NEW at&t)

CHS_CG
05-15-2007, 03:43 PM
ask RM shes gotten some phones off of there.

mustang59
05-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i like those blackberry pearls. might look into getting one when my contract needs renewing in a few months.

My son just got the Samsung SYNC and likes it. He got it for the MP3 player.

BuffyMars
05-15-2007, 04:19 PM
IMO, I stay away from electronics on ebay. Unless the seller has AMAZING feedback (those that don't report phones DOA), I would never buy.

Adidas410s
05-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04

Screw the BB hehe ;)

I have the Cingular 2125 and am very happy with it. I wanted the windows interface but also something small and it does the job. If size isnt a big issue but you want some great features...either go Treo 750 or Cingular 8525.

Or if you want I have a Treo 650 that I used for under a week that's collecting dust...we could work something out on it ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Screw the BB hehe ;)

I have the Cingular 2125 and am very happy with it. I wanted the windows interface but also something small and it does the job. If size isnt a big issue but you want some great features...either go Treo 750 or Cingular 8525.

Or if you want I have a Treo 650 that I used for under a week that's collecting dust...we could work something out on it ;)

What kind of features does that phone have?

Darren
05-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Any advice/opinions?

Don't do it..

No I take that back maybe you should do it.

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Screw the BB hehe ;)

Did you not like the Treo? I love mine.