PDA

View Full Version : Rev. Jerry Falwell....

jwp
05-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Dead at age 73.........

Phil C
05-15-2007, 01:24 PM
RIP Rev. :(

Z motion 10 out on 2
05-15-2007, 01:31 PM
I really admired this man.

DDBooger
05-15-2007, 01:33 PM
once he accused the teletubbies of being Gay or something like that, i stopped paying attention to him. Still sad to hear someone die. rip

gato 76
05-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Mixed his religion with his politics,to far to the right for me may he RIP.

Macarthur
05-15-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2

Not trying to attack you personally, but why would you admire him?

Just a few of his hits:

If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell

God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell

I put all the blame legally and morally on the actions of the terrorist, [but America's] secular and anti-Christian environment left us open to our Lord's [decision] not to protect. When a nation deserts God and expels God from the culture ... the result is not good.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell

I hope I live to see the day when, as in the early days of our country, we won't have any public schools. The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them. What a happy day that will be!
-- Rev Jerry Falwell

AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.
-- Jerry Falwell

The idea that religion and politics don't mix was invented by the Devil to keep Christians from running their own country.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell

There is no separation of church and state. Modern US Supreme Courts have raped the Constitution and raped the Christian faith and raped the churches by misinterpreting what the Founders had in mind in the First Amendment to the Constitution.
-- Jerry Falwell

The Jews are returning to their land of unbelief. They are spiritually blind and desperately in need of their Messiah and Savior.
-- Jerry Falwell

The ACLU is to Christians what the American Nazi party is to Jews.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell

Personally, I do not believe he exhibited Christ-like behavior and attitudes.

DDBooger
05-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur

Just a few of his hits:

-- Rev Jerry Falwell

God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell

I put all the blame legally and morally on the actions of the terrorist, [but America's] secular and anti-Christian environment left us open to our Lord's [decision] not to protect. When a nation deserts God and expels God from the culture ... the result is not good.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell

I hope I live to see the day when, as in the early days of our country, we won't have any public schools. The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them. What a happy day that will be!
-- Rev Jerry Falwell

AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.
-- Jerry Falwell

The idea that religion and politics don't mix was invented by the Devil to keep Christians from running their own country.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell

There is no separation of church and state. Modern US Supreme Courts have raped the Constitution and raped the Christian faith and raped the churches by misinterpreting what the Founders had in mind in the First Amendment to the Constitution.
-- Jerry Falwell

The Jews are returning to their land of unbelief. They are spiritually blind and desperately in need of their Messiah and Savior.
-- Jerry Falwell

-- Rev Jerry Falwell

Personally, I do not believe he exhibited Christ-like behavior and attitudes. i was hoping to avoid all that! lol no need for me to trample on the man's grave but, yup he was ECCENTRIC to say the least

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-15-2007, 02:03 PM
IMHO, I say "good riddance"

Real men of God do not "hate".

Jerry Falwell was full of hatred, and used Christianity as his cover......hmm........where does THAT sound familiar? (Al Qaeda)

injuredinmelee
05-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur

Just a few of his hits:

-- Rev Jerry Falwell

-- Rev Jerry Falwell

-- Rev Jerry Falwell

-- Rev Jerry Falwell

-- Jerry Falwell

-- Rev Jerry Falwell

-- Jerry Falwell

-- Jerry Falwell

-- Rev Jerry Falwell

Personally, I do not believe he exhibited Christ-like behavior and attitudes.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Condolences to the family, but not a big loss for me.

jwp
05-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Pro's of Falwell,

-Founder of Liberty University

-The National Liberty Journal

Here's how they are sending him out...

http://aburriss.tripod.com/jfalwell.jpg

JasperDog94
05-15-2007, 02:24 PM
This is turning into a tasteless thread...

DDBooger
05-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by jwp
Pro's of Falwell,

-Founder of Liberty University

-The National Liberty Journal

Here's how they are sending him out...

http://aburriss.tripod.com/jfalwell.jpg very wrong but lmao:clap:

JR2004
05-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas

Jerry Falwell was full of hatred, and used Christianity as his cover......hmm........where does THAT sound familiar? (Al Qaeda)

John Hagee would've been another acceptable answer here.

GreenMonster
05-15-2007, 06:55 PM
In the immortal words of Larry Flint "Screw you Jerry Fartwell."

Emerson1
05-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Sounds like those people who protest at soldiers funerals

DDBooger
05-15-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Sounds like those people who protest at soldiers funerals wait, are you comparing a soldier to jerry falwell? i hope I misinterpreted or are you comparing jerry falwell to those crazy church people?

Emerson1
05-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
wait, are you comparing a soldier to jerry falwell? i hope I misinterpreted or are you comparing jerry falwell to those crazy church people?
The crazy people

DDBooger
05-15-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
The crazy people :doh: whew, ok then:D

Hupernikomen
05-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2

Me too. He was a man of convictions who wasn't afraid to share his beliefs. He ventured too far into politics for many.

Thank God he wasn't afraid to be the alternative voice to the ACLU.

JasperDog94
05-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Thank God he wasn't afraid to be the alternative voice to the ACLU. Amen brother.

Z motion 10 out on 2
05-16-2007, 09:26 AM
I did not agree with all those quotes he made. Of course I would not agree with everything that anyone says. But what I took most from this guy is that he started out a little church that grew to over 20,000 people.

That he started a University (Christian no less) that will endure time (with a DI-AA football team!) That is amazing. The university (Liberty University has all sorts of degree programs including Criminal Justice which I teach)

Falwell was innovative with online learning and attempting to reach the lay person who wanted to know more about Christ through Liberty University outreach and continuing education programs.

He reached a lot of people and put a lot of political pressure of public officials to do what he thought was in the best interest of Christians. He took a lot of heat because we has not afraid to say what he really believed (even if I think he was wrong on some issues). Overall this was a man of God who touched a lot of people and led a lot of people to Christ which is why I looked up to him.

So I'm sad he died.

Z motion 10 out on 2
05-16-2007, 09:28 AM
DDBooger - Check out my homepage.

My video must be having problems. Anyway, thought you would get a kick out of it!

The Classroom Linebacker (http://www.cameron.edu/~harrison)