PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City CrossCountry wins big at 21-3A District outing

Old Cardinal
10-22-2003, 01:16 PM
This morning at Clairborn West Park on IH 10 the JV girls and boys, plus the Varsity girls and boys totally dominated the 21-3A District meet. The Cardinal team is made up primarily of Freshman and Sophomores for both boys and girls...It is a tribute to both Coaches' Miller and Knight that that giant functional Jr. Hi. team has now begun to compete seriously when reaching the lower grades of HS. If they all stick with it, they will be quite awesome for the following 4 years. They are not really bad this year, even though they are all very young....Tell us about the other District meets across 3A Texas?

Bobkat
10-22-2003, 01:24 PM
Congrats to the Cardinals...how did Orangefield do? I know that they've been improving their times everyweek. They have a young team too, and we finally have a coach that really works with them. I think he also started a Jr High team as well. Hopefully he can start a program like that of Bridge City. Good luck at Regionals!!!

Old Cardinal
10-22-2003, 01:33 PM
Actually OF had a boy that placed 5th in the pack of BC boys finishing at the top. I think that OF and Anahuac came in tied for a distant second overall, in all the catagories. They did however seem to have some promising athletes, much better showing than in the past.