PDA

View Full Version : Abilene's Shotwell Stadium to add

injuredinmelee
05-15-2007, 04:39 AM
A jumbo-tron scoreboard with Replay capabilities. Total cost of the project, almost 500,000, will be absorb by local advertising.

wildstangs
05-15-2007, 08:35 AM
The current scoreboard is only a few years old. I heard this one will be one of the largest in the state. Gotta keep up with the Jones' (Midland).

Melee, you think Wylie will be adding turf anytime soon? Seems like it would be a smart decision.

Adidas410s
05-15-2007, 08:41 AM
Wylie should've added turf a few years ago :mad:

Oh...and why not just build a new stadium in Abilene already? They keep sinking in all this money to upgrade an antiquated building. If they built a new facility...they would draw 80% of the games that consider going to Sweetwater and about 50% of the games that consider Brownwood IMO.

injuredinmelee
05-15-2007, 08:58 AM
The scoreboard now is no more than three years old right? It was a piece of junk when it was installed.

I know that there was an attempt to get a committee together last year to have turf installed at Wylie. It was told to me by te man wanting to head the committee that Sandifer is all for it. I would think however that Wylie would also want to update the seating areas. It is really kind of a joke. I say we get some sponsors ( i can think of one that would donate a huge chunk of change if you let him put his name on it) and jsut build an entire new facility.

Adidas410s
05-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
The scoreboard now is no more than three years old right? It was a piece of junk when it was installed.

I know that there was an attempt to get a committee together last year to have turf installed at Wylie. It was told to me by te man wanting to head the committee that Sandifer is all for it. I would think however that Wylie would also want to update the seating areas. It is really kind of a joke. I say we get some sponsors ( i can think of one that would donate a huge chunk of change if you let him put his name on it) and jsut build an entire new facility.

We could put the Aledo's and Justin's of the world to shame. Also...it would really stick it to AISD with their upgrades in hoping for more playoff games as well. :D

injuredinmelee
05-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
We could put the Aledo's and Justin's of the world to shame. Also...it would really stick it to AISD with their upgrades in hoping for more playoff games as well. :D

care to take a guess at who would probably donate a huge chunk towards a new stadium if he could put his name on it?

Adidas410s
05-15-2007, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
care to take a guess at who would probably donate a huge chunk towards a new stadium if he could put his name on it?

hmm...you've got me on this one I think. Hall was the first person that came to mind but he's never been a HUGE booster at the school though. Somebody with Abtex is also a possibility.

smustangs
05-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
hmm...you've got me on this one I think. Hall was the first person that came to mind but he's never been a HUGE booster at the school though. Somebody with Abtex is also a possibility.

larry hall was my first thought too

RMAC
05-15-2007, 12:41 PM
What about the Hanners? Adidas knows them a lot better than me but I was also thinking Larry Hall.

Adidas410s
05-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
What about the Hanners? Adidas knows them a lot better than me but I was also thinking Larry Hall.

Not enough money for either of them to do it. It's somebody much bigger than them...