BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-14-2007, 11:28 PM
See, the Spurs are dirty.

eagles_victory
05-14-2007, 11:29 PM
that was horrible robert horry ur a veteran ur better then that

DDBooger
05-14-2007, 11:29 PM
lol its like beating a dead horse. OH WELL!

Fal44
05-14-2007, 11:30 PM
ehh lets go suns...:D

eagles_victory
05-14-2007, 11:31 PM
i love raja bell he jumped right in his face defending his teammate theres no way horry should be playing game 5

kepdawg
05-14-2007, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
i love raja bell he jumped right in his face defending his teammate theres no way horry should be playing game 5

It must have been real bad for such a statement to be made! What happened?

DU_stud04
05-14-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
It must have been real bad for such a statement to be made! What happened? horry lit him up. hahaha

HippoBaseball05
05-14-2007, 11:54 PM
I wish the 'Canadian Kelly Leak' would have had a clear path to Horry after he cross checked the scorers table....

'Big Shot' would have dropped him like a buzzer beating three...

BTW, I hope Diaw and Stoudemire enjoy game five off for leaving the bench....

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-15-2007, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05
I wish the 'Canadian Kelly Leak' would have had a clear path to Horry after he cross checked the scorers table....

I'm sure they will, because you have to stand up for your teammates. I would have done the exact same thing, so I applaud them for what they did.

kepdawg
05-15-2007, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05

Players left the bench? I guess I'll have to turn on the TV and catch the highlights.

eagles_victory
05-15-2007, 12:12 AM
horry throwing a fit bc they got beat real classy

Fal44
05-15-2007, 12:16 AM
Just hope the suns players don't get suspended for leaving the bench, any player would have done the same thing.... horry on the other hand well I don't care what happens to him.

kepdawg
05-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Fal44
Just hope the suns players don't get suspended for leaving the bench, any player would have done the same thing.... horry on the other hand well I don't care what happens to him.

If they left the bench they better get suspended!

Fal44
05-15-2007, 12:21 AM
yeah, I agree with you its a rule and shouldn't be broken ,but I think it would take away from the series... I don't really care for either team just like to see some good basketball.

kaorder1999
05-15-2007, 12:41 AM
i missed it...did it get crazy?

smustangs
05-15-2007, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i missed it...did it get crazy?

i just saw it and wow horry leveled nash into the scorers table it was hilarious

kepdawg
05-15-2007, 01:08 AM
Yeah, just saw it and was disappointed. Expected worse. He should get a game for it.

JR2004
05-15-2007, 01:12 AM
Finally Phoenix stands up for their teammate when he gets thrown into the scorer's table. None of those guys who got off the bench should be suspended for getting up to aid a teammate that just got another cheap shot for no apparent reason.

Used to like Horry even after he left LA...He's just trash now after this like his more celebrated teammate who takes low blows and cheap shots on everyone possible. There's no way that No Shot Rob is playing in Game 5.

SintonFan
05-15-2007, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by smustangs
i just saw it and wow horry leveled nash into the scorers table it was hilarious
Nash clearly ran into Horry. It was HORRible.:doh: :hand:
I guess now HORRy is a "dirty player"...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

smustangs
05-15-2007, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Nash clearly ran into Horry. It was HORRible.:doh: :hand:
I guess now HORRy is a "dirty player"...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

are you kidding me how was that nashs fault? and i guess raja bell ran into horry's elbow too

SintonFan
05-15-2007, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Used to like Horry even after he left LA...He's just trash now after this like his more celebrated teammate who takes low blows and cheap shots on everyone possible. There's no way that No Shot Rob is playing in Game 5.
You forgot to say... "I used to like NBA Texas Basketball until the Mavs were tossed out by the Warriors"...:nerd: :p

smustangs
05-15-2007, 01:20 AM
You forgot to say... "I used to like NBA Texas Basketball until the Mavs were tossed out by the Warriors"...:nerd: :p

im not a huge nba fan period i could care less if the mavs were in our out or who horry plays for it was still a stupid move and as long as he has been in the league you would think he would know better

SintonFan
05-15-2007, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by smustangs
are you kidding me how was that nashs fault? and i guess raja bell ran into horry's elbow too
Nash is smart. He looks like and reminds me of a young Luke Skywalker(he ran toward Horry at midcourt)... but he's Canadian so he can't be a Jedi knight.:p

Adidas410s
05-15-2007, 06:57 AM
actually....he's not a Mavs fan. He's a Lakers fan.

Phil C
05-15-2007, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Fal44

Shame on you Fal!

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!

:mad:

Phil C
05-15-2007, 07:59 AM
Yeah, just saw it and was disappointed. Expected worse. He should get a game for it.

Then the league would be consistent after what happened in the Dallas vs GS series.

jwp
05-15-2007, 07:59 AM
Dear Big shot Bob,

You play dirty, that's all right.....

Regards,
Bruce Bowen

Gobbler Fan
05-15-2007, 08:01 AM
Nash needs to look where he's going :devil:

wildstangs
05-15-2007, 08:33 AM
I am a Lakers fan, so I still like Horry. No way you can't call that a flagarant foul. He should probably be suspended for game 5.

Adidas410s
05-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by jwp
Dear Big shot Bob,

You play dirty, that's all right.....

Regards,
Bruce Bowen

:clap: :clap: :clap:

3afan
05-15-2007, 08:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0qe7PGCQvI

I just saw this for the first time and IMO this is definitely an F2 and a suspension is warranted. IMO he clearly threw the elbow/forearm with no effort to play the ball. Its pretty clear.

Maroon87
05-15-2007, 08:46 AM
Funny...Raja Bell hit Oberto with a forearm earlier in the game but no one says anything about that. I'm not complaining...that's playoff basketball. If it soothes everyone's little hurt feelings, suspend Horry for game 5 and get on with it.:rolleyes:

3afan
05-15-2007, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0qe7PGCQvI

I just saw this for the first time and IMO this is definitely an F2 and a suspension is warranted. IMO he clearly threw the elbow/forearm with no effort to play the ball. Its pretty clear.

and it may have cost the Spurs the game too - the team ought to fine him for that

Darren
05-15-2007, 09:04 AM
It goes both ways.

Suspend Horry if need be but stop trying to make the spurs intot he new Jazz.

Spurs are not dirty players.

3afan
05-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Darren
It goes both ways.

Suspend Horry if need be but stop trying to make the spurs intot he new Jazz.

Spurs are not dirty players.

no THEY are not - just Bowen at times is IMO .........

Pmoney
05-15-2007, 09:24 AM
If they left the bench they better get suspended!
they got no where near the scuffle, they were stopped by an asst. coach...so they shouldnt be suspended if they didnt do anything in the scuffle

kepdawg
05-15-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Pmoney
they got no where near the scuffle, they were stopped by an asst. coach...so they shouldnt be suspended if they didnt do anything in the scuffle

Wrong! If they left the bench they should be suspended! It doesn't matter if they did anything in the scuffle! If you don't want to be suspended follow the rules!

Pmoney
05-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Wrong! If they left the bench they should be suspended! It doesn't matter if they did anything in the scuffle! If you don't want to be suspended follow the rules!
one thing is Amare was supposedly going to check in...and let me ask you something should someone get suspended for jumping up off the bench when a big play is made??? he left the bench didnt he?

JasperDog94
05-15-2007, 09:42 AM
I agree with Barkley. It's a stupid rule. Your first reaction is to protect your teammates. I know that the NBA is trying to avoid all out brawls, but there has to be some common sense applied here.

Pmoney
05-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I agree with Barkley. It's a stupid rule. Your first reaction is to protect your teammates. I know that the NBA is trying to avoid all out brawls, but there has to be some common sense applied here.
i agree

Macarthur
05-15-2007, 09:49 AM
Horry made a frustration play and it was too hard. He should get a suspension.

However, I get so tired of hearing the Suns cry like babies. If you are going to beat the Spurs, you better be a man. They are going to get in your jock so you're going to have to earn it.

As for the Phoenix players, they should be suspended. The rule clearly states you can not leave the bench. If they do not suspend them, how do they enforce the rule in the future? Notice none of the SA players left the bench. I'm sure Pop has already told them to keep their asses on the bench.

The Suns are a bunch of cry babies and it starts with their coach.

TMer25
05-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Maybe the Suns should put in Pat Burke or Sean Marks and let them hip check Tony into the scorers table, or kick Timmy in the back of the leg when he's up in the air. If one happens to get hurt so be it, I know Amare and Nash didn't get hurt, but the possibility was there.

JasperDog94
05-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by TMer25
Maybe the Suns should put in Pat Burke or Sean Marks and let them hip check Tony into the scorers table, or kick Timmy in the back of the leg when he's up in the air. If one happens to get hurt so be it, I know Amare and Nash didn't get hurt, but the possibility was there. Good point.

awizzy
05-15-2007, 11:39 AM
i do not think the league withh suspend them bc the nba wants money...and if they suspend them for game five in phoneix they will probally loose and then loose game six back in texas witch means no game seven...so therefore they will let them play...plus every wants to see who the best team is and with out amare the suns can not beat the spurs

Old Tiger
05-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Mavs fans are sore losers. Go Spurs Go!

venomous tat2
05-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Section V ll- Fines of the NBA -Rules

C. During an altercation , all players not particitating in the game
MUST remain in the immediate vicinty of their bench . Violaters
will be suspended without pay for a minimun of one gameand fined up to 35,000.

Suspension will start prior to the next game. Also ateam must have 8 players dressed ready to play.
If 5 or more players leave the bench they will serve their suspension alphabetically according to the first letter of their last name.

So look out suspensions !!
www.nba.com/media/rule_book_2005-06pdf

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Macarthur
05-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
Section V ll- Fines of the NBA -Rules

C. During an altercation , all players not particitating in the game
MUST remain in the immediate vicinty of their bench . Violaters
will be suspended without pay for a minimun of one gameand fined up to 35,000.

Suspension will start prior to the next game. Also ateam must have 8 players dressed ready to play.
If 5 or more players leave the bench they will serve their suspension alphabetically according to the first letter of their last name.

So look out suspensions !!
www.nba.com/media/rule_book_2005-06pdf

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

The league has a real dilemma here. Not only do they almost have to suspend Amare & Diaw, but the league did not suspend Baron Davis for his incident the other night and it was much more blatent than Horry's.

Wouldn't it be a mess if they had to suspend Amare & Diaw and Horry did not get a suspension? WOW!

JasperDog94
05-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
vicinty of their bench This is open to interpretation.

3afan
05-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Mavs fans are sore losers. Go Spurs Go!

where did that come from ?!?!????

Old Tiger
05-15-2007, 02:39 PM
where did that come from ?!?!???? I don't know. I didn't read nothing in this thread. lol

LH Panther Mom
05-15-2007, 02:44 PM
where did that come from ?!?!????
The same place my "poll" comes from. :doh:

pirate4state
05-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
The same place my "poll" comes from. :doh: :eek: :eek: :eek: LOL

Gobbler Fan
05-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Lets not forget that Duncan and Bowen left the bench earlier in the game when a smaller altercation broke out . It would be only fair to suspend all 4 wouldn't you think ?

District303aPastPlayer
05-15-2007, 03:39 PM
It must have been real bad for such a statement to be made! What happened?

horry thought it was hockey season still...

crzyjournalist03
05-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
horry thought it was hockey season still...

hey! hockey season is almost at its most climatic point! The Red Wings and Ducks are tied at a game a piece in the Western Conference finals with Game three tonight. Winner will most likely play the Senators, who are up 3-0 on the President's Trophy champion Sabres!

Macarthur
05-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Lets not forget that Duncan and Bowen left the bench earlier in the game when a smaller altercation broke out . It would be only fair to suspend all 4 wouldn't you think ?

I don't remember that. Keep in mind, the rule is specific about getting on the court during an altercation. Getting up off the bench is not the same as charging out onto the court.

Phil C
05-15-2007, 04:12 PM
The best thing is for everyone to shake hands and forgive and forget and get back to playing "real" good clean basketball Wednesday night and may the best team win.

Phil C
05-15-2007, 04:37 PM
This is his final season and he has had a fabulous career and I hoped he isn't remembered mainly for this foul.

Emerson1
05-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Will Jason Richardson finally be suspended after the foul on Okur?

GreenMachine
05-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Funny...Raja Bell hit Oberto with a forearm earlier in the game but no one says anything about that. I'm not complaining...that's playoff basketball. If it soothes everyone's little hurt feelings, suspend Horry for game 5 and get on with it.:rolleyes: Yea, I was wondering if anybody saw that one. Blatant as ****. But, nobody says anything about the poor Suns. I'll admit that Horry's foul was out of line and deserves a suspension. I also hope that none of the Suns get suspended, because I don't want any MORE whining when they lose the series.:tongue:

Emerson1
05-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Don't see how the league can suspend Stackhouse for a hard foul on Shaq and not Horry for this or Richardson

JR2004
05-15-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
hey! hockey season is almost at its most climatic point! The Red Wings and Ducks are tied at a game a piece in the Western Conference finals with Game three tonight. Winner will most likely play the Senators, who are up 3-0 on the President's Trophy champion Sabres!

Injecting a basketball thread with stuff about a sport played mainly by hosers and communists...Brilliant!

If this league is going to go by the letter of the law then there's two Spurs that should not be at the arena along with Horry tomorrow night as well. Guess handing out that suspension must've just slipped past that absent-minded moron of a commissioner.

GreenMonster
05-15-2007, 06:54 PM
way to go Robert Horny.

BILLYFRED0000
05-15-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
This is open to interpretation.
Not really. The interpretation is much the same as when the game is in play. They can stand up and move close to the floor but should not move in any way that could be construed as to interfere with the game in progress. During an altercation the same basic principle applies.

SintonFan
05-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
When exactly was this "altercation" you talk about?
If you're talking about when Elson landed hard under the rim because of a Sun player below him, no "altercation" ever occurred.:rolleyes:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-16-2007, 01:05 PM
When exactly was this "altercation" you talk about?
If you're talking about when Elson landed hard under the rim because of a Sun player below him, no "altercation" ever occurred.:rolleyes:

If it wasn't an altercation and nothing happened, then why did Bowen and Duncan feel like they needed to get off the bench? If Elson just fell and that was it, then why did two players jump up off the bench and head towards what was going on? I mean, think about it, if they were going to just help him up, that would be a pointless and stupid argument to make, because there are other players on the floor who could have helped. Please help me understand the situation, because I'm not sure I understand.

SintonFan
05-16-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
If it wasn't an altercation and nothing happened, then why did Bowen and Duncan feel like they needed to get off the bench? If Elson just fell and that was it, then why did two players jump up off the bench and head towards what was going on? I mean, think about it, if they were going to just help him up, that would be a pointless and stupid argument to make, because there are other players on the floor who could have helped. Please help me understand the situation, because I'm not sure I understand.
Just ask yourself this:
Was there an altercation when they jumped up? Of course not.
Stop trying to make nothing into something.:p

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Just ask yourself this:
Was there an altercation when they jumped up? Of course not.
Stop trying to make nothing into something.:p

Then why did Bowen and Duncan get off of the bench? They didn't get up and head towards nothing. I'm just using common sense here, anybody with half of a brain could deduct that.

SintonFan
05-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Then why did Bowen and Duncan get off of the bench? They didn't get up and head towards nothing. I'm just using common sense here, anybody with half of a brain could deduct that.
Was there an altercation?:D
Why won't you answer that?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-16-2007, 01:33 PM
Was there an altercation?:D
Why won't you answer that?

That's obviously the point that I'm getting at. Sometimes, I feel like I really am arguing with fenceposts. ;)

JasperDog94
05-16-2007, 03:11 PM
So if there's a hard foul and you jump up off the bench, you'd better make sure that there's no "altercation".:rolleyes:

SintonFan
05-16-2007, 04:12 PM
That's obviously the point that I'm getting at. Sometimes, I feel like I really am arguing with fenceposts. ;)
I missed your point...
and your answer.:p