PDA

View Full Version : 3A Softball polls?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-14-2007, 09:59 PM
I am just wondering if there is still a 3a softball poll out there? I just read a write up in the sealy news, and they say to be the best you have to beat the best. This guy was talking about Splendora and Sealy. He said Splendora was the #1 team in Texas, and I thought Bridge City was #1, the team Bellville beat last round? Maybe since Bellville beat the #1 team last week the next team would move up? Is there a new poll every week or what was the last one?
Good luck to the Giddings softball team, the next 3a State Champs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Tiger
05-14-2007, 10:00 PM
they do their final poll right before the playoffs begin

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
they do their final poll right before the playoffs begin

Tell me why if Bridge City was the final #1, why would the sealy paper say the team they played was #1?:thinking:

Old Tiger
05-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Tell me why if Bridge City was the final #1, why would the sealy paper say the team they played was #1?:thinking: Well you know sealy :D :p

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Well you know sealy :D :p

Im gald you said that. Just like Frosted Flakes, Its always better with some sugar coating!

KL3
05-14-2007, 11:01 PM
Actually, it looks like they have kept the poll going through the playoffs. Splendora is now ranked #1 but Bridge City was #1 at the time Bellville beat them.

Rankings (http://www.austintgca.com/sball/poll.cfm)

3afan
05-15-2007, 06:29 AM
thats just one guy's opinion - hardly a "poll"

hookandladder
05-15-2007, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
thats just one guy's opinion - hardly a "poll"

I have said it before, Butch Hart's polls are not very acurate. Basicly he goes by what he hears from other fans. Bridge City seems to be overrated every year, I cannot remember the last time if any that they have made it to State. As far as having Splendora #1, I would have to agree. Don't know much about teams from up North, however Clyde and Andrews have been to the State tournament and if they make they will have experience going for them.

BTEXDAD
05-15-2007, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by KL3
Actually, it looks like they have kept the poll going through the playoffs. Splendora is now ranked #1 but Bridge City was #1 at the time Bellville beat them.

Rankings (http://www.austintgca.com/sball/poll.cfm)

this is first time I can remember this poll being continued after playoffs started.

BTEXDAD
05-15-2007, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
I am just wondering if there is still a 3a softball poll out there? I just read a write up in the sealy news, and they say to be the best you have to beat the best. This guy was talking about Splendora and Sealy. He said Splendora was the #1 team in Texas, and I thought Bridge City was #1, the team Bellville beat last round? Maybe since Bellville beat the #1 team last week the next team would move up? Is there a new poll every week or what was the last one?
Good luck to the Giddings softball team, the next 3a State Champs!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had this discussion about the nfl and college football also, fbb.
The Texans beat the colts, who were the super bowl champs. This would mean the Texans should be mentioned among the league's elite teams as being one of the best.
In college football, the 2005 USC trojans were touted as best team ever in college football. UT beat them which :thinking: could mean UT 2005 team was greatest team of all time, but then someone mentioned that 2006 aggies beat UT, so Aggies may actually be greatest team of all time.
In high school, Giddings had been #1, but beaten by La Grange and Navasota, but neither moved up to #1. Instead Bridge City moved up. Bellville beat bridge city, so should have been ranked #1, but somehow Splendora slipped in there. Giddings beat real #1 bellville which should move Giddings up to #1 again. It gets confusing. :D

Polls don't mean much. Glad we have playoff system in high school. Wish Bellville was still in it. Good luck, Giddings!

pirate4state
05-15-2007, 09:19 AM
2 of the teams on this list have been eliminated. Rankings don't mean much and shouldn't matter this late in the season.