PDA

View Full Version : Buckley will come off the bench to beat Aledo

Alvaradobacker
11-10-2001, 10:15 AM
Aledo will be ahead of Alvarado at half time. Alvarado's offense will have done nothing. But Kenneth Buckley will come in at quarterback and ignite the offense in the second half, and Alvarado will win by 10.

That Duncan kid plays hard, but Buckley is a superior athlete. He has more speed and a better arm. He just lost his confidence after fumbling so much against Commerce. He already has 1 save this year (the Cleburne game), and he's about to get another one.

Go Indians!

jackhammer
11-10-2001, 11:35 AM
MAN WHAT A GREAT POST . YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO GIVE CONFIDENCE TO THE WHOLE TEAM ? THOSE KIDS ARE PLAYING AS A TEAM AND THATS HOW YOU WIN GAMES ! SAY ARE YOU KIN TO THAT CLOWN IN ALEDO ?

Alvaradobacker
11-10-2001, 01:19 PM
I'm not a cheerleader, buddy. I call 'em like I see 'em. I just feel like Buckley is the better player of the two. Were you at the game last night? Did you see the run Buckley had called back? Did you see the pass he completed? Did you watch him get the offense going against Cleburne? I've got no problem with Duncan. I'm sure he's a good kid, and I know he plays hard. I just think Alvarado is better with a confident Buckley at quarterback. His arm is better, and he's a better runner. The team is less one-dimensional with him in the game.

As for the clown, you shouldn't talk about your dad that way. He was in the stands on the Alvarado side last night. All four people that didn't want him fired were sitting around him.

Super Joe
11-10-2001, 01:54 PM
Duncan is a team leader. Buckley is young and lacks leadership and confidence. Aledo, although good defensively, will not be able to shut us down. No one has this year. Our O-line is big enough to get yards on anyone. I think the Indians will be very well prepared for this game. We want this one worse that we did Commerce. Don't expect us to come out flat or unfocused. We will be perfect in our execution. That's what coach Oden strives for. Also, I thought Ham was on the Ferris side, not Alvarado. I hope he would've gotten run off. No one wants him around, not even watching us play. Hopefully Aledo knows that we are a solid defensive team and a ball control offense. We did hold them to under 100 yrds. total offense last night. It will be a great game next friday. We'll see if your predictions are correct then. I dont believe they will be. Alvarado by 14.

jackhammer
11-10-2001, 02:10 PM
YES I WAS AT THE GAME LAST NIGHT AND HAVE SEEN ALL OF THEIR GAMES THIS YEAR . THAT RUN BUCKLEY MADE WAS CALLED BACK FOR HOLDING AND SOMETIMES THAT HELPS TO MAKE A BIG PLAY . I ALSO SAW DUNCAN MAKE SOME TOUGH RUNS TOO . I AM FOR BOTH QB'S AND THE COACH WILL PLAY THE ONE WHO HE THINKS IS RIGHT AT THE TIME ,. WE DONT NEED TO STIR UP A QB THING NOW BECAUSE THE WHOLE TEAM IS PLAYING AS A TEAM AND NOT FOR THEM SELVES . I DID NOT SEE THAT CLOWN ON OR SIDE LAST NIGHT . I WOULD OF SMELLED HIM FIRST THOUGH . IF HE IS MY DADDY HE MUST BE YOUR LOVER !!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by jackhammer (edited November 10, 2001).]

jackhammer
11-10-2001, 02:26 PM
SUPER JOE, GOOD TO SEE YOU PLAYING AGAIN LAST NIGHT .

Alvaradobacker
11-10-2001, 02:53 PM
What number are you Super Joe?

I saw in the Dallas paper this morning that Urbanas committed to SMU. That's great! Anybody else getting recruiting attention?

I'm a huge Indian fan. I'm not knocking Duncan. He's a solid QB. I talked with Mr. Philips a few weeks ago, and he said Buckley had lost his confidence. Maybe Duncan is better for the team right now. But that doesn't change the fact that Buckley is the better athlete. He has been fumble prone, though. Whatever qb plays, I'll be in the stands yelling my lungs out. I think Alvarado wins regardless.

Ham was sitting up at the top on the north end of the Alvarado side. You gotta give the guy credit for having cajones.

I hope you guys put it to Aledo. I have a deep hatred for them that dates back to my playing days. We had a rivalry with them even back then(mid to late '80s), but it was more intense in baseball than football.

Jackhammer, why are you so abrasive? I never said Alvarado was going to lose. I just made an observation about the qb situation. That's what this board is for, to discuss football.

jackhammer
11-10-2001, 03:20 PM
ALL I AM SAYING IS THAT THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO START SAYING WHO IS BETTER AT WHAT EVER ON THE TEAM WE ARE BACKING . AFTER THE LAST TWO YEARS OF WHAT WENT ON IT HAS BEEN SO NICE TO SEE EVERYBODY ON THE SAME PAGE THIS YEAR AND I AM TALKING COACHES AND PLAYERS.THE HEAD COACH IS RUNNING THIS TEAM AND DOING A PRETTY GOOD JOB OF IT TOO . SO WE SHOULD LEAVE THE DECISIONS UP TO HIM AND HIS STAFF. THIS FRIDAY ALVARADO WILL PAY BOZO BACK FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS HE WAS HERE, COUNT ON IT .

Super Joe
11-11-2001, 02:58 AM
Backer, I am #54. I have just now got my leg back underneath me from breaking it against Cleburne. Hopefully I can start against Aledo and make a positive change for the team. That's what I've been working on for 8 weeks. Most know me as Trent, I'm sure you do too. If you would care to identify yourself, it would be appreciated just as I have myself told you who I am. Anyway, keep the comments about Our QB positive. Right now, Duncan is whats better for the team. I hope you can respect that. I feel Bubba had too much "sophomore" in him to play in big games. He needs confidence before he will be able to. Our passing game didn't look too horrible against Hillsboro or Ferris, granted not the caliber we will see in the playoffs, but a start. Look for Oden to really work on passing this week. We'll be two-dimensional in the playoffs. Alvarado by 14.

Alvaradobacker
11-11-2001, 09:44 AM
That's great that you'll be back this week! I bet everybody will get a big boost from your return. Good luck against Aledo to you and all the Indians.

As to my identity, you wouldn't know me from Adam. I graduated back in the olden days ('89). I don't know anyone on the team, I just wanted to be able to watch for you.

Super Joe
11-11-2001, 06:18 PM
I bet my mom would know you. Coach Morton from back in the day. Do one thing for me though. If we do start to lose in any game in the playoffs, tell the fans who turn on Coach Oden to shut the hell up. Some people in our crowd sicken me beyond belief. It will not be coach Oden's fault if we lose like some people believe. We'll do the best we can out there. Hopefully I'll start again this week and help out the team. If I can keep from injuring myself I believe I'll be able to.