PDA

View Full Version : Lawsuit Over Brokeback Mountain in Class

Emerson1
05-14-2007, 06:35 PM
http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=261971&GT1=7701

I see why you wouldn't want your kid to see it, but them being "traumatized by the movie and had to undergo psychological treatment and counseling" is just lame. She will have seen or heard alot worse when HS rolls around.

DUKE22
05-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Yeah I dont know about 500,000 dollars worth of damage, but why on earth would you show that in class. I mean how many kids would have been upset if this was not shown.

sinton66
05-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=261971&GT1=7701

I see why you wouldn't want your kid to see it, but them being "traumatized by the movie and had to undergo psychological treatment and counseling" is just lame. She will have seen or heard alot worse when HS rolls around.

Hearing about it is one thing, but seeing it quite another. 8th grade is way too young for this subject. Then too, no school should allow this kind of thing in their classrooms. The grandfather is right and well within his rights if they belong to one of the mainstream religions that consider homosexuality an abomination (so described in the King James Bible). The key point in the story is that he's complained about their activities before. Apparently his complaints went unheeded. Big money settlements are what make organizations such as this take complaints seriously.

DDBooger
05-14-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Hearing about it is one thing, but seeing it quite another. 8th grade is way too young for this subject. Then too, no school should allow this kind of thing in their classrooms. The grandfather is right and well within his rights if they belong to one of the mainstream religions that consider homosexuality an abomination (so described in the King James Bible). The key point in the story is that he's complained about their activities before. Apparently his complaints went unheeded. Big money settlements are what make organizations such as this take complaints seriously. still BS! 500,000 in damages lol :rolleyes: maybe a demotion or dismissal. oh well, it is what it is.

mustang59
05-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Since the district didn't approve showing the movie I don't think it should be sued. The grandparents had every right to seek the subs dismissal since she obviously knew what she was doing was wrong. I have to question their motive in seeking half a million in damages.

jwp
05-14-2007, 09:43 PM
why would you show that movie....why?

smustangs
05-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by jwp
why would you show that movie....why?

i agree def odd