PDA

View Full Version : Canton passes bond

Gsquared
05-14-2007, 04:37 PM
New field turf should be in by the start of the season

Rabbit'93
05-14-2007, 07:03 PM
I guess I better hurry and move out there. i got a 9 year old with a cannon for an arm. Forney's getting to big with two high schools and all.

Emerson1
05-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
I guess I better hurry and move out there. i got a 9 year old with a cannon for an arm. Forney's getting to big with two high schools and all.
I don't blame you

Rabbit'93
05-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I don't blame you Let me ask you....is the school that crowded? I've heard people say it'll support 2000 kids but i hear everyone say it's over crowded.

Emerson1
05-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Let me ask you....is the school that crowded? I've heard people say it'll support 2000 kids but i hear everyone say it's over crowded.
It doesn't really support 2000 kids because the new wing isn't open yet. But yes it's crowded, classrooms aren't that big a deal for me because the junior class isn't nearly as big as the fish I don't think. I hate walking through the hallways though, alot of people and most of them are pretty stupid. They just stop in the middle of the hall way and end up getting shouldered in the face(by me).

kaorder1999
05-15-2007, 12:39 AM
the new High School will not open until 09-10 right? By then there will be a lot of kids at the current HS.

Rabbit'93
05-15-2007, 06:04 AM
Mark my words...the housing boom in Forney is gonna slow down.. you watch.

Gsquared
05-15-2007, 07:11 AM
I dont know why they want two schools out there, not sure why they are afraid of being a 5A school. Forney would be the perfect one school 5A place. Could build quite a program.

jwp
05-15-2007, 08:35 AM
exactly

icu812
05-15-2007, 10:58 AM

I would have reservations about sending my kids to Canton. Just seen to much crazy stuff happen in Canton. Plus First Monday Trades Day traffic stinks.

Txbroadcaster
05-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Mark my words...the housing boom in Forney is gonna slow down.. you watch.

The housing boom MIGHT slow down..BUT that was also said about Plano when it was exploding from a small town into what it is.

Txbroadcaster
05-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by icu812
I would have reservations about sending my kids to Canton. Just seen to much crazy stuff happen in Canton. Plus First Monday Trades Day traffic stinks.

Broadcasting in Canton I can attest, it is a strange town.

Emerson1
05-15-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I dont know why they want two schools out there, not sure why they are afraid of being a 5A school. Forney would be the perfect one school 5A place. Could build quite a program.
Same reason why the didn't put in turf when they built the new stadium

Gsquared
05-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Broadcasting in Canton I can attest, it is a strange town. Ima broadcast somethin in Canton too

Rabbit'93
05-15-2007, 03:08 PM
The housing boom MIGHT slow down..BUT that was also said about Plano when it was exploding from a small town into what it is. The difference between Plano and Forney is this....Big business came to Plano in the '80s. There are no major corporate HQ on the east side of the metromess. Forney is starter home heaven to people from Mesquite, Balch Springs, Pleasant Grove, & East Dallas. Big subdivision offered low housing prices and mortgage companies lend money to anyone with a job. These same people cannot afford it after the first year when their taxes go up. There are tons of foreclosures and sec 8's in forney now.

crzyjournalist03
05-15-2007, 04:00 PM
Is it still Forney's plans to have two 3a high schools? That was what I was hearing when I was there, but that's been four years.

Txbroadcaster
05-15-2007, 04:09 PM
The difference between Plano and Forney is this....Big business came to Plano in the '80s. There are no major corporate HQ on the east side of the metromess. Forney is starter home heaven to people from Mesquite, Balch Springs, Pleasant Grove, & East Dallas. Big subdivision offered low housing prices and mortgage companies lend money to anyone with a job. These same people cannot afford it after the first year when their taxes go up. There are tons of foreclosures and sec 8's in forney now.

yep, BUT the foreclosures have led to even bigger drop in prices, and people are filling the empty homes as soon as the owners are moved out. I agree about the buisness side, if Forney does not attract any major corps it will hinder it

Rabbit'93
05-15-2007, 04:21 PM
yep, BUT the foreclosures have led to even bigger drop in prices, and people are filling the empty homes as soon as the owners are moved out. you're exactly right. The whole outfit (builder's-lenders-title co.) are about to lower themselves out of business. My appraisal has dropped for the second straight year. I've outgrown my house (wife, 3 kids, soon to be a dog) but I can't sell it because you can get a new one for what I'm selling for or find a foreclosure/sec 8 even cheaper.

Unless 190 or the trans texas corridor come through I don't see forney getting to much bigger. The actual city's infrastructure can't support many businesses like a frisco can. we have one main intersection (hwy 80 & 548) that all the new retail is going in at. After that I'm not sure where anything will go.

Txbroadcaster
05-15-2007, 04:35 PM
you're exactly right. The whole outfit (builder's-lenders-title co.) are about to lower themselves out of business. My appraisal has dropped for the second straight year. I've outgrown my house (wife, 3 kids, soon to be a dog) but I can't sell it because you can get a new one for what I'm selling for or find a foreclosure/sec 8 even cheaper.

Unless 190 or the trans texas corridor come through I don't see forney getting to much bigger. The actual city's infrastructure can't support many businesses like a frisco can. we have one main intersection (hwy 80 & 548) that all the new retail is going in at. After that I'm not sure where anything will go.

We will be neighbors in about 7 days

Emerson1
05-15-2007, 04:36 PM
We will be neighbors in about 7 days
I'd help you move but I will be out of town :D

kaorder1999
05-15-2007, 08:07 PM
when forney splits into two hs's, it will be 2 4A schools.

Rabbit'93
05-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
when forney splits into two hs's, it will be 2 4A schools. two weak 4a schools;)

kaorder1999
05-15-2007, 08:55 PM
two weak 4a schools;)

it will be interesting to see...