05-14-2007, 03:37 PM
When, where and how many?:cheerl:

pirate4state
05-14-2007, 03:41 PM
I know, but I'd have to kill ya! I have taken a blood oath!!! :eek: :eek:

SintonFan_inAustin
05-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Sinton vs Rio Hondo 7 pm Friday in Kingsville and Saturday not sure the times but in Kingsville again, anybody else here this yet? :)

pirate4state
05-14-2007, 03:45 PM
:) hahahahahaha

SintonFan_inAustin
05-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
hahahahahaha saturday is at 3pm in Kingsville :D

SintonFan_inAustin
05-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Good... Girls play there first game before the baseball team does.:)

pirate4state
05-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Good... Girls play there first game before the baseball team does.:) :twitch: :thinking: I swear I didn't say anything!!!!!!! :D

SintonFan_inAustin
05-14-2007, 04:08 PM
:twitch: :thinking: I swear I didn't say anything!!!!!!! :D lol i just call the Marion HS and they gave me the info:clap:

pirate4state
05-14-2007, 04:09 PM
lol i just call the Marion HS and they gave me the info:clap: Then I can't get in trouble!! :D WOO HOO!!!

pirate4state
05-14-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm curious though (since practice has already started) what did they tell you about Saturday? :D

SintonFan_inAustin
05-14-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm curious though (since practice has already started) what did they tell you about Saturday? :D i pm u about saturday

pirate4state
05-14-2007, 04:24 PM
i pm u about saturday got it & responded

I hear the "secret agent man" song in the background!!! LOL

Phil C
05-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Why so secretive about where the Sinton softball game is? I can understand if it hasn't been finalized but if so I can't understand why the big secret. Some people might need to get ready to go. Oh well.

Phil C
05-15-2007, 08:01 AM
Now the Booster Club sign says it is Thursday at 7:30 at Steeler Stadium. Thanks for the information but where is Steeler Stadium (City)? It seems this game is given high secretive and evasive status this week.

Phil C
05-15-2007, 08:10 AM
:(

pirate4state
05-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Now the Booster Club sign says it is Thursday at 7:30 at Steeler Stadium. Thanks for the information but where is Steeler Stadium (City)? It seems this game is given high secretive and evasive status this week.

It doesn't say Steeler Stadium!!! It is Steele HS and there aren't enough letters or space for me to explain everything on that sign!

Steele HS is in Schertz - 10 miles east of San Antonio. We will play one game there on Friday, May 18th.

The first game is HERE, May 17th at 7:30 p.m.

Marion uses Steele HS as their "home" field for playoff games.

Things just weren't finalized yesterday and actually I don't even know if they still are as far as Saturday is concerned should a 3rd game be needed. :rolleyes:

Phil C
05-15-2007, 10:17 AM
It doesn't say Steeler Stadium!!! It is Steele HS and there aren't enough letters or space for me to explain everything on that sign!

Steele HS is in Schertz - 10 miles east of San Antonio. We will play one game there on Friday, May 18th.

The first game is HERE, May 17th at 7:30 p.m.

Thank you for the information. See you Thursday! :)
Marion uses Steele HS as their "home" field for playoff games.

Things just weren't finalized yesterday and actually I don't even know if they still are as far as Saturday is concerned should a 3rd game be needed. :rolleyes:

:)

SintonFan_inAustin
05-15-2007, 10:21 AM
:) good luck Pirates this week

AAA87
05-15-2007, 10:56 AM
I saw the lady changing the booster club sign yesterday....was that you P4S....we were on our way thru sinton from Taft and back to ST....

pirate4state
05-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by AAA87
I saw the lady changing the booster club sign yesterday....was that you P4S....we were on our way thru sinton from Taft and back to ST.... Guilty! It is impossible to fit everything on that sign! I thought about using one side for softball and the other for baseball, but I already had some stuff in place. :doh:

IF we are fortunate enough to both still be playing next week that is what I plan on doing.

AP Panther Fan
05-15-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by AAA87
I saw the lady changing the booster club sign yesterday....was that you P4S....we were on our way thru sinton from Taft and back to ST....

LOL...you should have honked and scared the crap outta her. ;) :D

Good luck Pirates and Lady Pirates!

44INAROW
05-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

:D :D :D mental note: find out what time P4S is changing the sign next week and take a camera :D :D

oh yea - good luck Lady Pirates:clap:

pirate4state
05-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

Honking doesn't bother me! People do it all the time. I don't pay any attention. I'm in the zone when I'm working on that sign. :nerd: I don't want anything spelled incorrectly!! One time I put up Inglside :doh: :evillol: I swear I didn't do it on purpose & when I realized it was wrong I changed it! :)

pirate4state
05-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
:D :D :D mental note: find out what time P4S is changing the sign next week and take a camera :D :D

oh yea - good luck Lady Pirates:clap:

HAHAHAHA - you forget I have the power to make pictures disappear!! :devil: :p

AP Panther Fan
05-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

Good Idea! Sounds like fun...we could stand there, misspell things out loud, laugh, recite the alphabet, eat ice cream and test her patience... :thinking: :D

Phil C
05-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Hey P4S what about the potential conflicts between the baseball and softball games on Friday and maybe even on Saturday?

:confused: :(

pirate4state
05-15-2007, 01:31 PM
Hey P4S what about the potential conflicts between the baseball games on Friday and maybe even on Saturday?

:confused: :(

What about them? I can't do anything about internal conflicts! I understand if you can't travel to Steele HS. I'm sure someone will keep the board updated if you are unable to attend either game.

Phil C
05-15-2007, 01:36 PM
What about them? I can't do anything about internal conflicts! I understand if you can't travel to Steele HS. I'm sure someone will keep the board updated if you are unable to attend either game.

Games are supposed to be scheduled where they do not conflict.

Phil C
05-15-2007, 01:40 PM
A few years ago we had to play Odem in a softball game on a Thursday because Odem had baseball playoff games (not with Sinton) on Friday and Saturday. In other words they are supposed to be scheduled where they do not conflict so that people who want to go to the baseball and softball games can do so. People pay good tax money to school districts and deserve this fair treatment.

pirate4state
05-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Games are supposed to be scheduled where they do not conflict.

Oh really? I'm sure the is the foremost thought in each coach's mind when they try to determine when & where to play. :rolleyes: GMAB!

Gehrig
05-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Marion and Rio Hondo do not care if the Sinton games conflict. It is not always possible to arrange playoff games so that they do not conflict. There are too many variables that school administration has little or no control over. Plus, don't you think each coach of the two respective programs is going to do whatever he can to maximize his own chances of success? This usually has little to do with conflicting games...Softball and baseball games were in conflict all year, every Tuesday and Friday night.

Phil C
05-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Of course I wasn't trying to start an argument or anything like that. Perish the thought.

Phil C
05-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Gehrig
Marion and Rio Hondo do not care if the Sinton games conflict. It is not always possible to arrange playoff games so that they do not conflict. There are too many variables that school administration has little or no control over. Plus, don't you think each coach of the two respective programs is going to do whatever he can to maximize his own chances of success? This usually has little to do with conflicting games...Softball and baseball games were in conflict all year, every Tuesday and Friday night.

You need to read my comment on the Odem conflict a few years ago and how they had the softball game on a night that didn't conflict with baseball games. These are playoff games not regular season games.

Phil C
05-15-2007, 01:50 PM
And regarding baseball what about those people that won tickets to the Texas vs Texas A&M baseball game that might be in conflict with one of these games?

pirate4state
05-15-2007, 01:51 PM
This is getting OLD - real FAST!!!

injuredinmelee
05-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Phil, when the Lady Pirates make it to Austin are you going?

LH Panther Mom
05-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Aren't there only certain days/nights that playoff games CAN be scheduled? :confused:

injuredinmelee
05-15-2007, 02:14 PM
You have to finish the series by the saturday evening of the weekend the games are scheduled unless there are extreme circumstaces like Canyon and Sanger had this last weekend. There are not many schools that the head softball coach and head baseball coach will sit down and try and plan their games around each other. They dont take too much into consideration the fans drive but they do take into account the time away from school. Trying to schedule a sb and bb series around each other would force you to use the 5 days of the week you can play (the UIL doenst like wed games). When you consider it logically how many fans are in the stands at an out of town baseball game that are not parents of family of the players? Esp this time of year. Yeah when you get to the regional championship series or to Austin you get more fans but I know tat at Wylie its all about fair weather fans when it comes to baseball and softball. Our crowd at Dell last year for the Semi game was sparse. I think everyone in Falfurias was there though. Lots of green in the bleachers.

Johnny Utah
05-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Phil C are you SERIOUS???????? Schools, coaches, and administrators do not care what is best for the fans, it is what is best for the players, period!!! Conflicts happen all of the time. Do you think the Softball state tourney will help Sinton out in the event that their game conficts with the baseball playoffs??? HA HA HA!!!

Phil C
05-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Phil, when the Lady Pirates make it to Austin are you going?

I hope they make it there but I probably won't be able to go. :(

pirate4state
05-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Phil C are you SERIOUS???????? Schools, coaches, and administrators do not care what is best for the fans, it is what is best for the players, period!!! Conflicts happen all of the time. Do you think the Softball state tourney will help Sinton out in the event that their game conficts with the baseball playoffs??? HA HA HA!!! ROFL!

piratebg
05-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Was anyone else at Aviator Field last night for Sinton Night? It was my first time out there and my family and I enjoyed it.

Phil C
05-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Was anyone else at Aviator Field last night for Sinton Night? It was my first time out there and my family and I enjoyed it.

I am sorry I had to miss it piratebg but my oldest son had another seizure Monday morning so we kept him home. I have been to them before and it is great. I hope they give us another chance later in the summer.

Phil C
05-15-2007, 04:33 PM
By the way thanks to everyone that helps keep us updated here.

Phil C
05-15-2007, 04:35 PM
A few years ago I would call in the softball scores to the tv stations and these were games that had ended before 10 so they had time to add it to the news. I tried each station one time and they didn't even mention the final score so I stopped. Thank goodness for 3A Downlow.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-15-2007, 05:06 PM
And regarding baseball what about those people that won tickets to the Texas vs Texas A&M baseball game that might be in conflict with one of these games? anybody want buy two tickets:)

pirate4state
05-15-2007, 05:08 PM
anybody want buy two tickets:) Are you serious?

SintonFan_inAustin
05-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Are you serious? yea looks like it, but not 100% sure if thats what they going to do

GreenMachine
05-15-2007, 08:51 PM
So the Sinton vs RH baseball game is Friday and Saturday in Kingsville. I work with a RH graduate that would like to know.

GreenMachine
05-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Sorry, I saw it on the Sticky.