PDA

View Full Version : The Touchdown, is it more exciting than......

Fotbol
05-14-2007, 08:06 AM
The Homerun, a Slam Dunk, a First place fininsh in Track and field.
I think the touchdown gives the best feeling, I had the opporutunity to experience all of the above mentioned, but the Touchdown is more gratifying to me.
I won't to hear your opinion 3A Downlow.

Ranger Mom
05-14-2007, 08:30 AM
I agree....the touchdown can't be matched!!

eagles_victory
05-14-2007, 08:47 AM
imo the touchdown can be matched if you A. Dunk on someone or have a really good dunk. B. Hit a buzzer beater in basketball or C. when you get a walk-off homerun in baseball

Ranger Mom
05-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
imo the touchdown can be matched if you A. Dunk on someone or have a really good dunk. B. Hit a buzzer beater in basketball or C. when you get a walk-off homerun in baseball

As big as a basketball fan as you are, that's not surprising.

I, on the other hand, like Football, track, basketball and then baseball....in that order!

Pmoney
05-14-2007, 09:25 AM
touchdowns are great...but it can be matched by a walk off homerun

pirate4state
05-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Pmoney
touchdowns are great...but it can be matched by a walk off homerun Agreed! Also can't match the grand slam!!! :thumbsup:

DDBooger
05-14-2007, 09:44 AM
have you seen the soccer players go apecrap when they score a goal? while I prefer the TD, hell they run around like they won the lottery, taking off their shirt and are mobbed by their teammates. then again in a sport that you may only get 2 to 3 scores, it can get boring.

injuredinmelee
05-14-2007, 09:48 AM
to me it would depend on the situation. If your scoring a touchdown lets say as a Longhorn against lets say Central Florida who cares. Lots of people score on UCF. If you do it in the National Championship game yeah it has to be the best feeling in the world. A homerun or grand slam in May, who cares. Hit one in Oct, nice!

pirate44
05-14-2007, 10:00 AM
i'm partial to the home run myself. the hole in one in golf , im sure out does them all. and im not a golf player either.

Txbroadcaster
05-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Hit a walk off homer IMO is the best feeling, and here is why

Lets say u score on a 50 yd TD to win the game..You dont truly know the game is over until AFTER you cross the goalline..even if u run untouched for the last 30 yards.

When you hit the game endng bomb, you rounding the bases KNOWING you just won the game. The team erupts, the fans are going wild AND.here is the best part..As your rounding first THE OTHER team is walking off, heads down, throwing their gloves, or hats and you SEE their reaction. That is greatness

Plus a game winning homer takes a little longer than a TD. A moment to truly savor

Maroon87
05-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
i'm partial to the home run myself. the hole in one in golf , im sure out does them all. and im not a golf player either.

I've never had a hole in one but last Saturday I sank a 30 foot putt. That was a pretty nice feeling...:cool:

Phil C
05-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Don't forget a great ride at the Tour de France!

DU_stud04
05-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Hit a walk off homer IMO is the best feeling, and here is why

Lets say u score on a 50 yd TD to win the game..You dont truly know the game is over until AFTER you cross the goal line..even if u run untouched for the last 30 yards.

When you hit the game ending bomb, you rounding the bases KNOWING you just won the game. The team erupts, the fans are going wild AND.here is the best part..As your rounding first THE OTHER team is walking off, heads down, throwing their gloves, or hats and you SEE their reaction. That is greatness

Plus a game winning homer takes a little longer than a TD. A moment to truly savor i agree. plus, the closes i was ever to get a touchdown was off of a fumble. i did score two points with a safety though :D

i hit a game winning shot in basketball in little league....it was awesome, one of the guys picked me up over their head.

JJ7997
05-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

Phil,your killing me ! :doh:

BTEXDAD
05-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

I'd have to go along with injuredinmelee, phil. A touchdown in the National championship game is unmatched.

One that comes to mind is Vince young scoring against the USC trojans. Do you remember that one? :D

Phil C
05-14-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
I'd have to go along with injuredinmelee, phil. A touchdown in the National championship game is unmatched.

One that comes to mind is Vince young scoring against the USC trojans. Do you remember that one? :D

He's going for the corner. He's got it!

:)

Even a great Tour de France ride couldn't match that but then nothing else could! Not even the Sinton Matador in the ring!

:)

District303aPastPlayer
05-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
The Homerun, a Slam Dunk, a First place fininsh in Track and field.
I think the touchdown gives the best feeling, I had the opporutunity to experience all of the above mentioned, but the Touchdown is more gratifying to me.
I won't to hear your opinion 3A Downlow.

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I agree....the touchdown can't be matched!!

I havent read the rest of the thread yet, but i'd rather score a world cup goal...

DDBooger
05-14-2007, 01:18 PM
i would think anything that involved scoring for your country in the olympics. the way the 80 hockey team won was AWESOME. i don't even like hockey

SintonFan
05-14-2007, 01:22 PM
I've scored several hole-in-ones at putt putt. If the beer was cheaper, I'm sure it would overwhelm everything else.:smoker:

DDBooger
05-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I've scored several hole-in-ones at putt putt. If the beer was cheaper, I'm sure it would overwhelm everything else.:smoker: BEER PONG, I OWNED! lol

Old Tiger
05-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
touchdowns are great...but it can be matched by a walk off homerun That's cause people are actually waking up from the innings before

SintonFan
05-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
BEER PONG, I OWNED! lol
I forgot!!!:doh:
I loved Beer Pong. That's as exciting as everything imo.
Scoring an ace because of your front-forward side spin super action serve.
Cool!
Scoring 4 aces in a roll with a gentle serve because your opponent can't see the ball...
PRICELESS!!!:clap: :D

Macarthur
05-14-2007, 01:29 PM
I've scored a TD, hit a home run and those were great, but for me, hitting a jumper at the buzzer to win a basketball game was probably the best for me.

Old Tiger
05-14-2007, 01:30 PM
BEER PONG, I OWNED! lol My cousin and I could take you.

DDBooger
05-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
My cousin and I could take you. im in intense summer training. i will be at top form! :rolleyes: i even have entrance music! "the best around" from karate kid:cool: lmao

bandera7
05-14-2007, 08:54 PM
Ive hit buzzer beaters and scored touchdowns, and I have to say a touchdown feels the best. The problem is many athletes forget about how good it is supposed to feel and only focus on how that makes their stats look.

Old Tiger
05-14-2007, 09:01 PM
im in intense summer training. i will be at top form! :rolleyes: i even have entrance music! "the best around" from karate kid:cool: lmao lol...it's not how you play early in the night it's how ya finish :D