PDA

View Full Version : Alaniz Interview-Comment

Old Dog
05-13-2007, 11:09 PM
I just watched an interview on Austin's NBC affiliate KXAN of Sinton's Adrian Alaniz. You Sinton folks have really got a lot to be proud of.

Adrian spoke with a maturity and sincerity not seen in many young men his age. The reporter conducted a rather lengthly interview and asked many questions about why he didn't go pro when afforded the opportunity. He was very well spoken and made his point, but very repectful in his attitude.

Again, Sinton should be very proud and I know you are!!!

Sorry about renaming him Alan!!!!

Sinton94
05-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Adrian is a class act! The Sinton community is very proud of him and there is no doubt he will go far in life.

footballgal
05-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
Adrian is a class act! The Sinton community is very proud of him and there is no doubt he will go far in life.

I can say with sincerity, that it goes beyond the Sinton Community. :)

Sinton94
05-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by footballgal

You are so very right!

Phil C
05-14-2007, 12:40 PM
He is a great baseball player and amazing person. And he even remembered who I was when he came back to Sinton for a visit and I saw him at a football game.

Fantastic indeed!

pirate44
05-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
yeah, im sure there are some Taft people who claim to be MORE proud of him than the Sinton commmunity

pirate4state
05-14-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
yeah, im sure there are some Taft people who claim to be MORE proud of him than the Sinton commmunity LMAO!

I think what everyone likes about Adrian is that he isn't very flashy. He is very modest & reserved!! His parents did such a great job raising this young man!! I think I tell his mom that at least once a month!!! :D

SintonFan
05-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Old Dog
I just watched an interview on Austin's NBC affiliate KXAN of Sinton's Adrian Alaniz. You Sinton folks have really got a lot to be proud of.

Adrian spoke with a maturity and sincerity not seen in many young men his age. The reporter conducted a rather lengthly interview and asked many questions about why he didn't go pro when afforded the opportunity. He was very well spoken and made his point, but very repectful in his attitude.

Again, Sinton should be very proud and I know you are!!!

Sorry about renaming him Alan!!!!
Thanks for sharing that with us. I don't think I've ever heard a negative word spoken about that young gentleman. He's doing something right.:clap:

koach55
05-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LMAO!

I think what everyone likes about Adrian is that he isn't very flashy. He is very modest & reserved!! His parents did such a great job raising this young man!! I think I tell his mom that at least once a month!!! :D

Emi and his wife are great people. I had the oppprtunity to be around Andres (sp) this year after competing against Adrian last year. I have seen very few young men that have tha manners, citizenship and poise that he does. Again a reflection on Family.

I was the AD who had to play those Taft kids that moved to Sinton. Hell I wish I could of transfered with them. WE palyed them 13-6 one year, and I loved my Taft athletes. But the Administration leaves a lot to be desired. Except for- Emi. Jana, Noel, Jason, the people in the front office. Wait that just leaves one a$$ hole. A small vindictive and hateful man.

pirate44
05-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by koach55
Emi and his wife are great people. I had the oppprtunity to be around Andres (sp) this year after competing against Adrian last year. I have seen very few young men that have tha manners, citizenship and poise that he does. Again a reflection on Family.

I was the AD who had to play those Taft kids that moved to Sinton. Hell I wish I could of transfered with them. WE palyed them 13-6 one year, and I loved my Taft athletes. But the Administration leaves a lot to be desired. Except for- Emi. Jana, Noel, Jason, the people in the front office. Wait that just leaves one a$$ hole. A small vindictive and hateful man.
I know i want to respond, but im really not sure how

koach55
05-14-2007, 09:19 PM
then you have never worked for a SOB as a Superintendent.

sinton66
05-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by koach55
then you have never worked for a SOB as a Superintendent.

We are not here to air personal vendettas.

Fal44
05-14-2007, 09:48 PM
ehh im confused with the whole taft thing..:confused: :confused:

anyways, Im glad I had a chance to see him play his senior year, I saw adrian hit a homerun @ avaitor field... Thats the only thing I remember about the game.

sinton66
05-14-2007, 10:23 PM
The kids transferred from Taft to Sinton when they were in Jr. High because their mom took a teaching position in Sinton. Adrian's Dad is the asst super at Taft.

Fal44
05-15-2007, 12:14 AM
ehh that must have sucked for taft...

pirate4state
05-15-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
The kids transferred from Taft to Sinton when they were in Jr. High because their mom took a teaching position in Sinton. Adrian's Dad is the asst super at Taft. It was way before then! Their mom has been a teacher with SISD for at least 25 years, if not more!

pirate44
05-15-2007, 11:57 AM
It was way before then! Their mom has been a teacher with SISD for at least 25 years, if not more!
she taught 5th grade back when WE were in the 5th grade (i AM thinking of the right Mrs. Alaniz, aren't i?)

pirate44
05-15-2007, 11:59 AM
and pirate4state and i are both 35 years old (give or take a month or 2 for p4s;) )

pirate4state
05-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
she taught 5th grade back when WE were in the 5th grade (i AM thinking of the right Mrs. Alaniz, aren't i?) Yes, you are and I won't be 35 until July!!

AP Panther Fan
05-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Yes, you are and I won't be 35 until July!!

http://www.scriptspot.com/bobo/rendfaq/CLOCK.GIF

tick tock, tick tock....:D

pirate4state
05-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
http://www.scriptspot.com/bobo/rendfaq/CLOCK.GIF

tick tock, tick tock....:D LOL

piratebg
05-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
The kids transferred from Taft to Sinton when they were in Jr. High because their mom took a teaching position in Sinton. Adrian's Dad is the asst super at Taft.

They transferred to Sinton when Emi, who was in my grade, entered 6th grade.

Phil C
05-16-2007, 04:18 PM
http://cache.texassports.com//image_lib/alaniz_adrian_051507_400.jpg