PDA

View Full Version : Giddings?

buffalo2006
05-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Who will Giddings play in the next round? and when and where?

buff4life
05-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Waco Robinson....in either Hutto or Georgetown... and thursday, friday , saturday...

injuredinmelee
05-13-2007, 10:31 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64859

still no time as of yet. Rita is all over the details so I am sure as soon as she finds it she will post it.

18handicap
05-14-2007, 07:29 AM
Was hoping to host the series here in College Station. Wanted to watch both teams play without having to travel.

buff4life
05-14-2007, 05:10 PM
OK OK...games at BRYAN HIGH SCHOOL...Friday at 7 p.m. and Saturday at 11 am

18handicap
05-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Well, only have to travel 4 miles to watch. Not too bad.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Is it ok for me to say Giddings will win it all?
District 23aaa!!!!!!!!!!

hookandladder
05-15-2007, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Is it ok for me to say Giddings will win it all?
District 23aaa!!!!!!!!!!

Watched Giddings and Bellville play last Thursday night, both teams have their weakness. Giddings did overcome a number of errors to win series however I feel it's just a matter of time when they will not be able to overcome them. Also if it comes down to Giddings and Splendora for a State Birth, I would have to go with Splendora. Their coach is one of the best in the State and she will find a way to win. No offense to District 23 or Giddings and Beville just stating an opinion.

buff4ever
05-15-2007, 07:45 AM
well from an obvious stand point that I am for the buffaloes, I have to think that our girls can overcome it, they just have to. They have overcome it in some really big games this year against some really good teams. Hopefully it just won't happen. They have played a good few error free games this year, even in some of the big games, so it can be done. THEY JUST HAVE TO DO IT.

We need to focus on getting it done in bryan against robinson right now. Should be another great series. Both teams are excellent softball teams and will be battling it out.

by the way, congratulations to bellville on a great season, they have a lot to be proud of, they played real well, and could easily be where giddings is right now.

nette_mom
05-15-2007, 07:54 AM
Congratulations to Giddings. What a great hitting team!!! Work on the errors and you will go a long way. One game at a time ladies! Take Care of Business!!!!!!!
Just wanted to say that we are proud you guys are representing our district. You are well coached, spirited, talented, great sports, hungry, and on your way to victory.

Darren
05-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by nette_mom
Congratulations to Giddings. What a great hitting team!!! Work on the errors and you will go a long way. One game at a time ladies! Take Care of Business!!!!!!!
Just wanted to say that we are proud you guys are representing our district. You are well coached, spirited, talented, great sports, hungry, and on your way to victory.

I'd like to take a minute to thank all of the supporters from Bellville. I didn't get to make it to the playoff games but I can say that there was alot of trash talk throughout the year between Bellville and Giddings.

It's a welcomed change to see a team give congratulations instead of complaints after a game. Bellville has shown alot of class and I would hope that Giddings would do the same given the opportunity.

Bellville you are alright in my book.

Bull19
05-15-2007, 11:10 AM
i saw that in the first game against bellville giddings had 6 errors......its going to be hard to win games when u commit that many errors in a game.

you never know though, their hitting just might be able to get them out of trouble. i guess only time well tell if defense will either win it lose it for them?

Reds fan
05-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Congratulations to Giddings and keep it going one game at a time. The ladies overcame a lot to come back and outscore Bellville in the third game of a great series! That kind of competition in the playoffs is what helps build a teams character and makes them better for each round... (you won't face much better pitching than you did last weekend). Go Giddings and represent District 23AAA proudly as you continue on toward State! Good luck!!!:) :)

BTEXDAD
05-15-2007, 01:38 PM
Bellville vs Giddings has become a pretty hot rivalry in all sports after just this one school year of competing against each other in district.
But when you think about it, the rivalries between teams are part of what makes high school athletics so much fun.
Plus, someone had to take Sealy's place as Bellville's biggest rival when Sealy got put into a different district. ;)

Good luck to Giddings softball! I have kids coming in this weekend and won't make the games in Bryan, but may try to see a game next week. So, don't screw up and lose!:D

buff4life
05-15-2007, 10:37 PM
All of Giddings starters (except for an outfielder that gets DH'ed for are coming back next year...so looking repeat lol...but got a long way to go...

3aSoftball4Mom
05-15-2007, 10:46 PM
:clap: Good luck Giddings! We feel confident that you will take this one against Robinson.

My prediction is, that it will be Giddings and Splendora for the Region Championship....... after that I can't say.

Splendora is a tough team from top to bottom, all the way to the bench. I haven't seen Giddings play this year but from what I've heard, they are a tough team as well.

Bull19
05-15-2007, 11:45 PM
SPLENDORA WILL LOSE LOSE

3aSoftball4Mom
05-16-2007, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
SPLENDORA WILL LOSE LOSE

:clap:
OH WISE ONE! :D

Bull19
05-16-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by 3aSoftball4Mom

wise enough to know that the road to austin goes through giddings not splendora.

3aSoftball4Mom
05-16-2007, 03:31 PM
wise enough to know that the road to austin goes through giddings not splendora.

I thought it went through Bellville?

Bull19
05-16-2007, 05:38 PM

IT DOES FOR SEALY

Reds fan
05-16-2007, 07:03 PM
IT DOES FOR SEALY
Not this year but there's always next year.........

Giddings, go to work and get through Robinson so we can see who's next and just where the road will take you!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-16-2007, 09:28 PM

It went through Bellville last year for sealy.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-16-2007, 09:32 PM

T---------Roy

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-17-2007, 07:57 AM

Go District 23!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!