PDA

View Full Version : Tiger sends a message to the players

Adidas410s
05-13-2007, 01:08 PM
After a bogey at #4 today pushed him to +7 for the tournament. He birdied 5 holes played the next 14 holes -7 to finish the day at even par. Now...let's go Phil :clap: :clap: :clap:

kaorder1999
05-13-2007, 01:14 PM
yeah i heard from someone who knows someone who knows about golf that this Tiger guy is pretty good!

GreenMachine
05-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Yea, Tiger sent a message alright. Don't shoot 75-73-73 and expect to contend on Sunday...even with a 65.

Adidas410s
05-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Yea, Tiger sent a message alright. Don't shoot 75-73-73 and expect to contend on Sunday...even with a 65.

I may have bad rounds at the minor tournaments...but when it counts I'm on my game and I can play better than any of you. See ya at Oakmont.

- Tiger Woods

GreenMachine
05-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I may have bad rounds at the minor tournaments...but when it counts I'm on my game and I can play better than any of you. See ya at Oakmont.

- Tiger Woods So I guess on the commercials where Tiger says, "This is our tournament, the Players tournament" he is counting this as a "minor" tournament. I don't think so.

BILLYFRED0000
05-13-2007, 01:28 PM
It does not count as a major yet and Tiger just does not really care about total victories. He is really gotten to the point where the Majors are just about all that matters.

crzyjournalist03
05-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
So I guess on the commercials where Tiger says, "This is our tournament, the Players tournament" he is counting this as a "minor" tournament. I don't think so.

any time somebody is getting paid to say something, take it with a grain of salt.

Adidas410s
05-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
It does not count as a major yet and Tiger just does not really care about total victories. He is really gotten to the point where the Majors are just about all that matters.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

GreenMachine
05-13-2007, 01:31 PM
It does not count as a major yet and Tiger just does not really care about total victories. He is really gotten to the point where the Majors are just about all that matters. Everytime he tees it up, it matters. He just had a bad first few days. This tournament definitely mattered to him.

JR2004
05-13-2007, 02:42 PM
He's about the only golfer I pay attention to, but he does come across as really only caring about winning the majors. Don't really know that that's a bad thing though, but I don't follow golf enough to know or understand what the majority of folks who follow the sport would think about this subject.

DU_stud04
05-13-2007, 02:48 PM

- Tiger Woods i love it.

GreenMachine
05-13-2007, 02:48 PM
It's ridiculous to say that someone of Tiger's caliber does not care about a tournament. If that was the case, dog it on Thur. and Fri. and take your hot blond wife out for the weekend ;)

BILLYFRED0000
05-13-2007, 08:07 PM
You misunderstand. There is tense and intense. Tiger prepares with the majors circled on his calender. He uses the tournament season to get him there. He wins plenty enough to say he cares. But he is after his place in history and the majors and Jack Nicklaus are all that he has left to overcome. Not to mention the fact that he still has at least 7 or 8 great years left in him. And a whole bunch of good ones after that.

Chris Hart
05-13-2007, 08:54 PM
You misunderstand. There is tense and intense. Tiger prepares with the majors circled on his calender. He uses the tournament season to get him there. He wins plenty enough to say he cares. But he is after his place in history and the majors and Jack Nicklaus are all that he has left to overcome. Not to mention the fact that he still has at least 7 or 8 great years left in him. And a whole bunch of good ones after that. Exactly! I'm pretty sure Tiger cares somewhat about every event he plays in, it's called pride and the hate of losing(in anything), but, you can bet your bottom dollar we'll see a different Tiger at Oakmont. I do think Tiger will get serious enough in a few of the tourneys other than the majors from here on out in his career to assure that he wins the yearly FedEx Cup. He should be able to win that in only participating in half the amount of total tourneys as most of the other pro golfers...

themsu97
05-14-2007, 02:20 PM
if you think that Tiger did not want to win the Players Championship then you are kidding yourself...
isn't that what makes him the great athlete that he is? his ability to win... he may win at Oakmont, then again he may not... if he doesn't is it because he wanted someone else to win?

Adidas410s
05-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Exactly! I'm pretty sure Tiger cares somewhat about every event he plays in, it's called pride and the hate of losing(in anything), but, you can bet your bottom dollar we'll see a different Tiger at Oakmont. I do think Tiger will get serious enough in a few of the tourneys other than the majors from here on out in his career to assure that he wins the yearly FedEx Cup. He should be able to win that in only participating in half the amount of total tourneys as most of the other pro golfers...
He's already in the lead in FedEx Cup point standings having played roughly half as many events as the others. I wonder how much the FedEx Cup REALLY matters to him though since it has no historical significance at this point...

Name...# of Events...Points

Tiger Woods 7 16,716

Phil Mickelson 12 15,818

Vijay Singh 14 13,661

Charles Howell III 13 11,856

Adam Scott 8 8,641

Chris Hart
05-14-2007, 08:11 PM
He's already in the lead in FedEx Cup point standings having played roughly half as many events as the others. I wonder how much the FedEx Cup REALLY matters to him though since it has no historical significance at this point...

Name...# of Events...Points

Tiger Woods 7 16,716

Phil Mickelson 12 15,818

Vijay Singh 14 13,661

Charles Howell III 13 11,856

Adam Scott 8 8,641 Yeah, that's what I'm talking about, he can win the FedEx Cup with just about half the starts as his closest competition. I agree, I have wondered if he really cares about the FedEx Cup or not myself. He may not now, but when they start judging golfers by that along with the major wins in the future he may wish he'd of made it more of a priority. IMO, if he was to REALLY try to win the FedEx Cup as many times as he can before he quits or moves on to the Champions tour, he will still win more cups than anyone in the next century...

shankbear
05-14-2007, 09:01 PM
I know that Tiger is all about the titles but the winner of the FedEx cup gets 10 million dollars. Ten million. Not exactly chump change even if you are freakin Tiger Woods.