PDA

View Full Version : Stray Discus

Antec
05-13-2007, 09:15 AM
Did anyone notice that during the 3A shot put on Saturday morning

A 3A girls discus event was being held.

A throw went over the top of the netting and almost took out some photographers

Fortunately a official yelled heads up and the discus fell in between about 6 guy taking pics

She couldn't have tried to make a wild throw like that again .

I think it went over sideways over the net.

Woke everyone up after that and made everyone pay attention

injuredinmelee
05-13-2007, 10:01 AM
I was running the Discus at a track meet and during warm ups failed to pay attention and took a discus to the shoulder that was meant for my head if it wasnt for my cat-quick reflexes. The kid and his coach was jsut standing there shocked when he let it go and it slipped out of the back of his hand. Always be careful when the Trent kids are throwing... lol

turbostud
05-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Thats why they dont have the Javelin in High School. Ever see the video of a guy taking a Javelin to the shoulder?

turbostud
05-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Javelin accident (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH5s9lMpH7k)

Cant tell if he took it in the arm or shoulder.

crzyjournalist03
05-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Javelin accident (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH5s9lMpH7k)

Cant tell if he took it in the arm or shoulder.

:eek: Is that real??? if so, that's really scary!!!

Old Dog
05-13-2007, 07:25 PM
The deepest recesses of my ole mind seem to conjure up an incident with the shot put at UT many years ago! Does anyone else remember that?

FOUND IT....in June 1980, Tim Scott of Texas A&M hit a volunteer offical, James Smith, in the head during an NCAA meet at UT. He survived, but sued everyone in site or associated with the incident.

Chopblock
05-13-2007, 08:03 PM
i remember that i was there he was turned around looking at the long jump and someone yelled at him, he turned to take it in the head

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-13-2007, 09:35 PM
When I was throwing, I saw at least one person a year get hit with a discus, sometimes tragic, sometimes not. I remember my senior year at the district meet a cute girl got tagged right in the side of the face because she was sitting indian style a few feet away from the sector line looking the other way....I think it knocked some sense into her.

ThE_OnE_lObOe
05-13-2007, 09:44 PM
The girl threw it out was a really good friend of mine the 2A girls discus was goin on the same time we were throwin and i looked over to see what happend and i remember thinkin dang i hope that wasn't jaci and then i look over there and see her walkin out of the ring about to cry she said that was her biggest fear goin in to embarass herself by doin that

Ranger Mom
05-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by ThE_OnE_lObOe
The girl threw it out was a really good friend of mine the 2A girls discus was goin on the same time we were throwin and i looked over to see what happend and i remember thinkin dang i hope that wasn't jaci and then i look over there and see her walkin out of the ring about to cry she said that was her biggest fear goin in to embarass herself by doin that

I was wondering when I was looking over the program if that was you!!

injuredinmelee
05-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by ThE_OnE_lObOe

How did you fare?

DU_stud04
05-13-2007, 10:18 PM
haha, this reminds me of middle school. i threw discus with 2 others, and at one of the last meets, one of our guys "slip" and the discus flew about 130 feet over the back and into the street. i thought it was the funniest thing ever... (remember i was 13 at the time) we got alot of dirty looks afterwards.

:D

bandera7
05-13-2007, 10:31 PM
yeah one of my good friends got somebody with a disc about a foot outside the boundary...he didnt even feel back because the person was just standing there being dumb. They werent watching the disc throw, they were just standing there for no apparent reason and he didnt really screw up that bad...