PDA

View Full Version : State Farm Lone Star Updates (May 13, 2007)

Phil C
05-13-2007, 08:56 AM
We are down to the final three points and two of them will be decided today in the Men and Women's Outdoor Track and Field events. Right now UT leads A&M in both catagories and the men lead in the overall results. Today the meets are concluded. Right now UT leads overall 8.5 to 7.5.

What I think is going to happen is that UT will win the Men's point and that the Lady Aggies will overtake the Lady Horns for the other point. This would give UT a 9.5 to 8.5 lead and since UT won it last year even if the Aggies can get the final in baseball UT would retain the cup.

But let's wait for the final results today and if you get information about it before I do this afternoon please feel free to post the information. After that we can do more analysis.

Phil C
05-13-2007, 07:50 PM
I haven't heard from an official source but from what I can tell is that the Lady Aggies have won the Big 12 Women's Track and Field title so naturally they get that point. Oklahoma won for the first time the Big 12 Men's Track and Field Title. From what I have found out second hand is that the UT men did finish ahead of the Aggies so UT gets that point.

The result is that UT retains the cup with a 9.5 to 8.5 lead over the Aggies. UT would retain the cut with a tie since they won it last year. The only point left is this coming weekend on Friday, Saturday and Sunday when UT plays A&M in baseball and whoever wins 2 out 3 will get the final point. If UT wins it gets the cup outright. If A&M wins they will both tie for the year but UT retains the cup.

I will let you know when I find out official results but I think this is the case now.

Phil C
05-13-2007, 08:57 PM
I just found out the UT men got third place and finished ahead of the Aggies so the State Farm Lone Star Cup now stands at UT 9.5 A&M 8.5 as I wrote earlier.