PDA

View Full Version : Track Meet and Greet

44INAROW
05-12-2007, 11:44 PM
It sure was nice to have the "Downlow Diva's" together at the track meet (Luvhoops, LHPM, Ranger Mom, Pirate4State and Stangirl2007, G2's lady and me) Completing the group were the "Downlow Dudes" aka GSquared, LHPD, Burnet44, SuperBull (honorary Downlower via The Pig), GetRdoneStangs (sitting 20 feet below us) Mr44 and Lil44 (sitting 20 feet above us) Gobbler84 made a brief appearance after getting his medal :). We saw a few "former/rommed posters" walking up and down the stands from time to time. Hope everyone got home or to their final destination safe and sound....... I agree with what Rita said earlier - it sure feels good to be home, showered and in the AC :)

kaorder1999
05-12-2007, 11:44 PM
i wish i could have gone

44INAROW
05-12-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i wish i could have gone

hopefully you'll be able to go next year
oh and I forgot to mention the nice young man and his little boy (from the Pig but I am sorry, I forgot his name)

kaorder1999
05-12-2007, 11:48 PM
this was the first year in a while that I didnt go. Hopefully I will have an athlete there next year!

GetRDoneStangs
05-13-2007, 12:00 AM
It sure was nice to have the "Downlow Diva's" together at the track meet (Luvhoops, LHPM, Ranger Mom, Pirate4State and Stangirl2007, G2's lady and me) Completing the group were the "Downlow Dudes" aka GSquared, LHPD, Burnet44, SuperBull (honorary Downlower via The Pig), GetRdoneStangs (sitting 20 feet below us) Mr44 and Lil44 (sitting 20 feet above us) Gobbler84 made a brief appearance after getting his medal . We saw a few "former/rommed posters" walking up and down the stands from time to time. Hope everyone got home or to their final destination safe and sound....... I agree with what Rita said earlier - it sure feels good to be home, showered and in the AC

The A/C feels great!! We made it home a little after 10, not too bad at all!!

I am sorry if I missed some of y'all....the radio live shots caused me to "pay attention" to all of the Sweetwater events (more so than just watching)....I hope RangerMom and the rest of the Saturday folks make it home safe!

Trudy's in Austin is a great place for Mexican!!! Soory for all that missed out!

:D :D :D

pirate4state
05-13-2007, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i wish i could have gone we were talking about you - were your ears burning? :D ;)

LH Panther Mom
05-13-2007, 09:22 AM
It was great to see everyone again. And I was glad to FINALLY get to meet stanggirl2007, luvshoops34 and SuperBull. Maybe I'll get to meet burnett44 and Spaceman Spiff next year. :)

Sorry that we weren't able to make it to Salt Lick - mom duty called. I was worried I'd get there late, but was right on time to pick him up. Naturally, since I was on time, he wasn't finished working. :D

(Angel Eyes, just be patient. ;) )

ILS1
05-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Uuuuuughhhhhhh!!! My stomach is still full, just from watching Gsquared eat ALL those RIBS!!! I told him, do you know how many pigs they had to kill for him just to have dinner last night!!! SUPERBULL (aka Toro Chingon) had so much brisket that West Texas cattlemen almost went on strike!!!

'You eat too much!! You been here 4 hour!!! You go home now we closed now!!!'- (in my best Chinese food owner's voice)

Salt Lick was GREAT as usual!!!!!!

:D :D

Angeleyes
05-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It was great to see everyone again. And I was glad to FINALLY get to meet stanggirl2007, luvshoops34 and SuperBull. Maybe I'll get to meet burnett44 and Spaceman Spiff next year. :)

Sorry that we weren't able to make it to Salt Lick - mom duty called. I was worried I'd get there late, but was right on time to pick him up. Naturally, since I was on time, he wasn't finished working. :D

(Angel Eyes, just be patient. ;) )

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. LOL:D The Salt Lick was yummy, with all the guys eating I was sure we were going to be run out at any time....lmao
I had a great time, and it was nice meeting all of you that were there.

Ranger Mom
05-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Angeleyes
I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. LOL:D The Salt Lick was yummy, with all the guys eating I was sure we were going to be run out at any time....lmao
I had a great time, and it was nice meeting all of you that were there.

I sat right behind you at the track meet but we were never formally introduced.....(that's on YOUR head G2!!!):p

Angeleyes
05-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I sat right behind you at the track meet but we were never formally introduced.....(that's on YOUR head G2!!!):p
LOL...i should have turned around and introduced myself, i'm sorry, i must have seemed like a snob!!! I was hot and had a headache and i'm usually a pretty quite person, but that's no excuse. I had only met a couple of people last football season so most everyone there was a new face for me. Again I'm sorry, i really am not a snob.

pirate4state
05-14-2007, 11:49 AM
LOL...i should have turned around and introduced myself, i'm sorry, i must have seemed like a snob!!! I was hot and had a headache and i'm usually a pretty quite person, but that's no excuse. I had only met a couple of people last football season so most everyone there was a new face for me. Again I'm sorry, i really am not a snob. oh sure.............:hand: :p

Ranger Mom
05-14-2007, 11:50 AM
LOL...i should have turned around and introduced myself, i'm sorry, i must have seemed like a snob!!! I was hot and had a headache and i'm usually a pretty quite person, but that's no excuse. I had only met a couple of people last football season so most everyone there was a new face for me. Again I'm sorry, i really am not a snob.

I didn't think you were.....when we are all together, we can be pretty overwhelming....I'm just glad you didn't run for the hills when G2 brought you up there!!:D

We should have just asked who you were! Were your ears burning?? We were sitting right behind you asking each other if you were angeleyes!!:)

Angeleyes
05-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
oh sure.............:hand: :p

lol:D

Angeleyes
05-14-2007, 11:52 AM
I didn't think you were.....when we are all together, we can be pretty overwhelming....I'm just glad you didn't run for the hills when G2 brought you up there!!:D

We should have just asked who you were! Were your ears burning?? We were sitting right behind you asking each other if you were angeleyes!!:)

It takes alot to make me run for the hills...lol That's funny I didn't even hear any of but that must be why my ears were so hot and burning!!! or it might be cuz it was so freaking hot outside...lol

44INAROW
05-14-2007, 11:53 AM

Carole told me she was Angeleyes but I thought it might be top Secret so I didn't say anything lol........... then the heat started working on me and I forgot my own name........ dayum it was hot ....... :p

pirate4state
05-14-2007, 11:53 AM

It is quite surprising that none of US just didn't come right out and ask you - we all have big mouths!! LMAO!

But really, we should just blame G2!! :D

You changed your hair so I wasn't real sure if that was you or not! :D

Ranger Mom
05-14-2007, 11:55 AM
It is quite surprising that none of US just didn't come right out and ask you - we all have big mouths!! LMAO!

LOL!! That we do!! I think we were all just having heat strokes and weren't in our right minds!!

Angeleyes
05-14-2007, 11:56 AM

But really, we should just blame G2!! :D

You changed your hair so I wasn't real sure if that was you or not! :D

Yeah i just got it cute off about 1 1/2 weeks ago, about 5 or 6 inches. I figured with summer around the corner it would be a little cooler. I agree its G2 fault:evillol:

pirate4state
05-14-2007, 11:58 AM
LOL!! That we do!! I think we were all just having heat strokes and weren't in our right minds!! Well, after I spilled my $4.50 cup of water - I was pretty pissed, especially since they wouldn't just fill up my cup with ice - they wanted me to pay another $4.50 for ICE!! :mad:

I swear, I kept knocking everything over and Megs kept trying to fall down everywhere we went! :D

Ranger Mom
05-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Well, after I spilled my $4.50 cup of water - I was pretty pissed, especially since they wouldn't just fill up my cup with ice - they wanted me to pay another $4.50 for ICE!! :mad:

I swear, I kept knocking everything over and Megs kept trying to fall down everywhere we went! :D

I did good this time...I didn't ALMOST fall til I went to the bathroom at Trudy's!!:p

luvhoops34
05-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Uuuuuughhhhhhh!!! My stomach is still full, just from watching Gsquared eat ALL those RIBS!!! I told him, do you know how many pigs they had to kill for him just to have dinner last night!!! SUPERBULL (aka Toro Chingon) had so much brisket that West Texas cattlemen almost went on strike!!!

'You eat too much!! You been here 4 hour!!! You go home now we closed now!!!'- (in my best Chinese food owner's voice)

Salt Lick was GREAT as usual!!!!!!

:D :D

Salt Lick was great! We had a good time meeting everybody. And yall did eat a bunch of BBQ. I have never seen that much meat consumed by anybody!:p

Spaceman_Spiff
05-14-2007, 01:35 PM
I apologize for not being there Saturday, and its my loss for not getting to meet you folks. I did get to meet Burnet44 on Friday night, and it great to put a face to the words. Sounds like you guys had a great time at the Salt Lick...while I was fulfilling my deal to Mrs. Spiff that if she would go with me to the meet Friday night, that I would take her to the Outlet Mall at San Marcos on Saturday. Spiff Jr also came over from Burnet, and we had as good a day as possible when it comes to shopping.