PDA

View Full Version : Have a job interview on monday

jwp
05-12-2007, 11:23 PM
wish me luck....

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-12-2007, 11:46 PM
I had a second interview for a job I really want on Thursday, they are supposed to call me on Monday and let me know either way.

Good Luck.

SintonFan
05-13-2007, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by jwp
wish me luck....
I aced my job interview Wednesday and they hired me on the next day. I start the day after Memorial Day. I gave my employer 2 weeks notice yesterday. It's tough to leave this company I now work for because I've been there for 16 years but this new company offered me great benefits with the same money and profit sharing!
I wish you luck in your new endeavour.:clap: :)

jwp
05-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Yeah, I am the only candidate that i know for my position being interviewed tomorrow....I was at a job fair and they sought me out because of my certifications and made me go in and interview.....

Barring that I don't just absolutely fumble the interview, I think the job is mine.

jwp
05-14-2007, 10:38 PM
I got the job, we move in July, thanks for the thoughts

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-14-2007, 10:43 PM
Well I didn't get a call today, they were supposed to call either way. I guess it could be a good thing, better than them calling and telling me no. I really hope they do call tomorrow. Anyone got any ideas on the appropriate time frame to call them and ask what's the damn deal?

smustangs
05-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Well I didn't get a call today, they were supposed to call either way. I guess it could be a good thing, better than them calling and telling me no. I really hope they do call tomorrow. Anyone got any ideas on the appropriate time frame to call them and ask what's the damn deal?

what job is it?

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
what job is it?

It's a supervisors job for this company that does student loan consolidations, I'd have 3 managers under me that have about 10 people on each team. I've been a manager in a call center for 2 years so it's right up my alley with alot more money.

smustangs
05-14-2007, 10:56 PM
It's a supervisors job for this company that does student loan consolidations, I'd have 3 managers under me that have about 10 people on each team. I've been a manager in a call center for 2 years so it's right up my alley with alot more money.

awesome well good luck

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
awesome well good luck

Thanks bud.

I figure I have a good shot, the first interview went awesome, the second was hard to judge. They usually don't post externally but they didn't like any of their internal canidates so with my experience I should be up there. For the second interview I talked to these women VPs from California and they just asked some weird questions.

Example

"You always hear people say there is no "I" in team, I really think there is. What do you think?"

smustangs
05-14-2007, 11:00 PM
Thanks bud.

I figure I have a good shot, the first interview went awesome, the second was hard to judge. They usually don't post externally but they didn't like any of their internal canidates so with my experience I should be up there. For the second interview I talked to these women VPs from California and they just asked some weird questions.

Example

"You always hear people say there is no "I" in team, I really think there is. What do you think?"

wow tough one there glad it was you and not me

jwp
05-15-2007, 08:19 AM
Thanks bud.

Example

"You always hear people say there is no "I" in team, I really think there is. What do you think?" that would make me skeptical....what was the name of the company, i was in the student loan business for a while as an entry level man....

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by jwp
that would make me skeptical....what was the name of the company, i was in the student loan business for a while as an entry level man....

The company is called VFI, they called me this morning and offered me the job and even gave me more than the requested salary. So I couldn't be happier, start next Tuesday.

sww-bull52
05-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Good Luck. Hope you like it and CONGRATS!!!:clap:

jwp
05-15-2007, 02:53 PM
good job, and congrats

it's great to have a job

sww-bull52
05-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by jwp
I got the job, we move in July, thanks for the thoughts

Congrats to you as well.:clap:

jwp
05-15-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
Congrats to you as well.:clap: Thanks, we are super excited...