PDA

View Full Version : New Caney School Bond Passes...

JasperDog94
05-12-2007, 09:54 PM
We don't even have a 5A high school, yet we now have to pay for another high school!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Plus our school board president (a convicted felon) won re-election.

Man I hate small town politics!!!:mad: :mad:

jwp
05-12-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
We don't even have a 5A high school, yet we now have to pay for another high school!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It's not what you do, it's who you know...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-12-2007, 11:43 PM

Yeah, well, you think your school board is bad, Rockdale has a member who got drunk and while driving his motorcycle ran off the road and killed the passenger, the wife of another member.

jwp
05-13-2007, 07:30 AM
my school board back home had a superintendent who every school district he had worked for, he took into the RED ....needless to say the school district loved him and kept him for four years before he retired

JasperDog94
05-13-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by jwp
my school board back home had a superintendent who every school district he had worked for, he took into the RED ....needless to say the school district loved him and kept him for four years before he retired Sounds like a real winner.:doh:

Adidas410s
05-13-2007, 12:10 PM

is New Caney trying to cut down on the size of their schools/classes? That is what Frisco is doing in passing a bond election for a lot of future schools.

Matthew328
05-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Frisco will keep building schools because they want to stay 4A at all schools....don't know if it'll keep working...New Caney is a big 4A...I'd imagine they may go 5A next year??

JasperDog94
05-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Frisco will keep building schools because they want to stay 4A at all schools....don't know if it'll keep working...New Caney is a big 4A...I'd imagine they may go 5A next year?? Probably. I'm still hacked though that the school board voted out our homestead exemption.:mad:

18handicap
05-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Lamar Consolidated is doing the same thing. They are building a 4th high school to keep enrollments around 1600-1700.

Old Green
05-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Victoria passed a new bond issue to build 2 new high schools. Don't know if they will be 1 5A and 4A or 2 4A's.

Emerson1
05-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Forney passed a bond for another HS to. This coming year will be the last chance for them to ever make the playoffs in 4a, it goes downhill after my class graduates

JasperDog94
05-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Forney passed a bond for another HS to. This coming year will be the last chance for them to ever make the playoffs in 4a, it goes downhill after my class graduates Will that knock Forney back to 3A or is it growing so fast that it'll be 5A?

Emerson1
05-14-2007, 04:43 PM
It will be two 4a's. Both schools are made for 2000 students. Supposedly it will be the 'Forney North Longhorns'. Highway 80 will be about where the division line is I'm guessing.