PDA

View Full Version : Spurs

44INAROW
05-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Spurts up by 9 with 38 seconds......... come on Spurs........ :)

gobbler grad
05-12-2007, 09:55 PM
finally, someone starts a thread...:doh: looks like they are trying to close this one out and go up 2 games to 1...

GO SPURS GO...:clap:

HippoBaseball05
05-12-2007, 09:57 PM
How are the Mavs doin?

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05
How are the Mavs doin?

If this wasn't a family board I would be using profanity right now.

piratebg
05-12-2007, 10:20 PM
The Spurs were awesome tonight. Duncan and Manu just lit it up.

Panther One
05-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Do you think the Suns keep playing Duncan one-on-one?

dogdad
05-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05
How are the Mavs doin?
I love the Spurs
but many Spurs fans are unlovable

SintonFan
05-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Do you think the Suns keep playing Duncan one-on-one?
They be silly to keep on playing him one-on-one.
dogdad, who here makes you want to root against the Spurs?:confused: :(

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-13-2007, 12:00 AM
I hate the Spurs simple because of their fans. Aside from that, the Spurs got a lot of home cookin' tonight.

pirate4state
05-13-2007, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I hate the Spurs simple because of their fans. Aside from that, the Spurs got a lot of home cookin' tonight. LAME!

SintonFan
05-13-2007, 12:05 AM
I hate the Spurs simple because of their fans. Aside from that, the Spurs got a lot of home cookin' tonight.
Most of us fans do try to stay humble.:o
With three rings under these fans' belts, do you now see them as what?:confused:

44INAROW
05-13-2007, 12:15 AM

I guess that home cooking is how Manu got that black eye :rolleyes:

piratebg
05-13-2007, 12:20 AM
I laughed when Stoudemire went to the free throw line and the crowd started chanting "Dirty, Dirty". Hilarious :clap: :clap: :clap:

Maroon87
05-13-2007, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by dogdad
I love the Spurs
but many Spurs fans are unlovable

So are many Mavs fans.

Maroon87
05-13-2007, 12:54 AM

Well well...the moral compass of the downlow has spoken. Who are we as mere mortals to question that?:rolleyes:

GreenMachine
05-13-2007, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Well well...the moral compass of the downlow has spoken. Who are we as mere mortals to question that?:rolleyes: I agree, don't question the wisdom of bbde. :rolleyes: On a different note, I think the Suns have a great franchise...aside from their overly theatrical, crybaby coach.

Pudlugger
05-13-2007, 08:43 AM
Visited my son yesterday in SA before he went to work this game (he is an intern for the Spurs). It turns out he got 2 tickets at the last minute but we had already gone back to La Grange so he gave them to a friend.:( Great game though! Go Spurs. BTW Spurs fans are the best. Banners all over town saying "Go Spurs". SA really backs their team.

Bull Butter
05-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I agree, don't question the wisdom of bbde. :rolleyes: On a different note, I think the Suns have a great franchise...aside from their overly theatrical, crybaby coach.

I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed this. Everytime ABC cameras caught D'Antoni, he had his arms out, pleading to a referee. D'Antoni later stormed out of the post-game press conference when a reporter asked about the physical nature of the series.

Great job, coach. Way to show that professionalism!

pirate4state
05-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Well well...the moral compass of the downlow has spoken. Who are we as mere mortals to question that?:rolleyes: HAHAHAHA I'm sure he'll be glad to tell you :p :p :p

Bull's-eye
05-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Good luck to the Spurs! (The only TEXAS team still standing)

Macarthur
05-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed this. Everytime ABC cameras caught D'Antoni, he had his arms out, pleading to a referee. D'Antoni later stormed out of the post-game press conference when a reporter asked about the physical nature of the series.

Great job, coach. Way to show that professionalism!

D'Antoni is a bitch! I get so tired of watching him.

Adidas410s
05-13-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I guess that home cooking is how Manu got that black eye :rolleyes: did you miss the part where Bowen through a knee into the groin of Steve Nash???

pirate4state
05-13-2007, 12:10 PM
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

GMAB it's basketball where EVERYBODY flops & then :bigcry: :bigcry: after EVERY foul called!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
05-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
did you miss the part where Bowen through a knee into the groin of Steve Nash???
Manu got a black eye because Bowen put a knee in Nash's groin? WTH was Manu's eye doing in the way? :eek: :eek: :eek: :p

Adidas410s
05-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Manu got a black eye because Bowen put a knee in Nash's groin? WTH was Manu's eye doing in the way? :eek: :eek: :eek: :p

no they were two seperate incidents. It was being pointed out by that Manu got hurt...but nobody was talking about the cheap shot that Bruce Bowen gave to Nash earlier in the game. Gotta tell both sides of the story ;)

LH Panther Mom
05-13-2007, 12:28 PM
no they were two seperate incidents. It was being pointed out by that Manu got hurt...but nobody was talking about the cheap shot that Bruce Bowen gave to Nash earlier in the game. Gotta tell both sides of the story ;)
:p I only got to watch a little bit of the game.....seems my "attempt" at humor failed. :D

Gobbla2001
05-13-2007, 12:31 PM
I saw that replay this morning, Bowen tried to back Nash off by stepped across his body into nash, ended up knockin' him in the crotch :eek:

with so much attention being paid to Bowen, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't kick someone in the crotch on purpose...

Manu gettin' poked in the eye was not intentional... Manu goes to the hoop all loco... the Sun was going for the ball, caught his eye... nothing intentional on either side...

as for the Suns' coach... I hate hearing his press confrences... if I hear "we didn't get the calls" one more time out of this man (Dating back to the last series these two teams played each other) I'm gunna puke...

"We just didn't get the calls down the stretch, I mean if we get a few of those we're in better shape, but yah, Duncan, not a real good player but a GREAT player, but we didn't get the calls tonight"

Gobbla2001
05-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

"We just didn't get the calls down the stretch, I mean if we get a few of those we're in better shape, but yah, Duncan, not a real good player but a GREAT player, but we didn't get the calls tonight"

let 'em post your phone number up on the jumbotron at the ATT, you'll get some calls...

Gobbla2001
05-13-2007, 12:36 PM
every sports franchise on here has their bad fans, Mavs have 'em, Spurs have 'em but I'll be damned if the Rockets do... these fans just like their Rockets and that's about all there is to it... Spurs fans are cocky with good reason, and some too cocky and make all SA look bad sometimes... then you got the Mavs fans who are the best at everything you'd think, they have really good ones too though...

stop pointin' fangers, it's stupid

Go Spurs!!! Go!!!

Adidas410s
05-13-2007, 12:45 PM
I agree that I don't think the shot on Manu was intentional. That was simply incidental contact since he was trying to drive hard in the paint. It did look to me though like Bowen's move was "questionable" at best. This isn't the first time this series that his actions have been questioned.

Gobbla2001
05-13-2007, 12:47 PM
I agree that I don't think the shot on Manu was intentional. That was simply incidental contact since he was trying to drive hard in the paint. It did look to me though like Bowen's move was "questionable" at best. This isn't the first time this series that his actions have been questioned.

I believe he tried to step into Nash no doubt... he doesn't like his own medicine and Nash was given it to him (stuck on him like glue), so Bowen tried to back him off by stepping into him... Nash's thangs were there though...

kaorder1999
05-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Bowen is a dirty player BUT is he the only dirty player in the NBA? Of course not. Bowen just isnt making it any easier on himself or his image everytime he does something stupid. He has to realize all eyes and cameras are on him.

GreenMachine
05-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Stop already with the, "Bowen is a dirty player" bit. He plays good hard defense and stays right on his man, so of course there will always be contact. This is getting old :rolleyes:

kaorder1999
05-13-2007, 01:25 PM
yeah....Bowen was playing great defense when he knee'd Nash in the crotch yesterday! Quit defending him....its getting old! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
05-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
yeah....Bowen was playing great defense when he knee'd Nash in the crotch yesterday! Quit defending him....its getting old! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think he intended to initiate contact with nash, but I do not believe he meant to knee him in the crotch...

GreenMachine
05-13-2007, 01:29 PM
yeah....Bowen was playing great defense when he knee'd Nash in the crotch yesterday! Quit defending him....its getting old! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Ya'll Bowen haters cry almost as much as their coach.:bigcry:

kaorder1999
05-13-2007, 01:29 PM
I think he intended to initiate contact with nash, but I do not believe he meant to knee him in the crotch...

maybe not...but...because of his past people will think otherwise.

kaorder1999
05-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Ya'll Bowen haters cry almost as much as their coach.:bigcry:

aww man...you got us with that one. :rolleyes: :kiss:

Adidas410s
05-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Stop already with the, "Bowen is a dirty player" bit. He plays good hard defense and stays right on his man, so of course there will always be contact. This is getting old :rolleyes:
At least watch the play in question before opening your mouth. Bowen was on offense....

crzyjournalist03
05-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Bowen is one of those guys who his fans will love, and most of the rest of the league can't stand. I'd love to have a guy like him on my team, but I'd boo the heck out of him if he played for a rival.

kaorder1999
05-13-2007, 01:35 PM
and this is not a hatin the spurs thing. I couldn't stand Bowen when he was in Miami and I didnt like him when he played in Philly or Boston. I thought he was a dirty player then also!

GreenMachine
05-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Bowen is one of those guys who his fans will love, and most of the rest of the league can't stand. I'd love to have a guy like him on my team, but I'd boo the heck out of him if he played for a rival. Absolutely right :thumbsup:

GreenMachine
05-13-2007, 01:37 PM
At least watch the play in question before opening your mouth. Bowen was on offense.... So Nash was playing close hard defense or "dirty" defense?

kaorder1999
05-13-2007, 01:38 PM
So Nash was playing close hard defense or "dirty" defense?

what the hell are you talking about? Did Nash kick his feet out from under him? Oh wait....Nash got kneed by Bowen right?

crzyjournalist03
05-13-2007, 01:39 PM

shouldn't that be hard NOSED defense???

Gobbla2001
05-13-2007, 01:40 PM

Nash was playin' damn good defense... just like Bowen plays... Bowen being the great offensive player he is wanted to get out of the jam so he chose to make contact... if he went with his upper body you could have called it charging easily, so he decided to make contact with his legs... Nash's oysters were there so now Bowen looks realllllly dirty...

GreenMachine
05-13-2007, 01:41 PM
what the hell are you talking about? Did Nash kick his feet out from under him? Oh wait....Nash got kneed by Bowen right? Adidas said Bowen was on offense, so I guess Nash was defense :thinking:

kaorder1999
05-13-2007, 01:42 PM
but yall do understand the knee to the crotch is just one of 100 or more instances that make people think Bowen is a dirty player....not only fans think it but players have said the same thing about Bowen for years. This isnt a new thing.

GreenMachine
05-13-2007, 01:43 PM
OK, he's a dirty player...I'm glad he's on my team :D

Gobbla2001
05-13-2007, 01:44 PM
but yall do understand the knee to the crotch is just one of 100 or more instances that make people think Bowen is a dirty player....not only fans think it but players have said the same thing about Bowen for years. This isnt a new thing.

I've never heard of him being a dirty players as much as just him being a player that gets away with the fouls and contact... I've always heard him being considered rough, not dirty...

all the dude does is play defense... he'll make threes here and there, but he plays defense, that's the only reason he's on Earth... he is a GREAT defensive player, he's on you like glue, has great feet and very quick reaction... if you play that loose you're gunna contact people... and sometimes it'll look bad...

Gobbla2001
05-13-2007, 01:46 PM
I've never heard of him being a dirty players as much as just him being a player that gets away with the fouls and contact... I've always heard him being considered rough, not dirty...

all the dude does is play defense... he'll make threes here and there, but he plays defense, that's the only reason he's on Earth... he is a GREAT defensive player, he's on you like glue, has great feet and very quick reaction... if you play that loose you're gunna contact people... and sometimes it'll look bad...

not saying it's not bad... I think the Amare deal was very questionable on Bruce's party... he shoulda let him go instead of trying to step under him... but the knee in the crotch? nash's gogos were there, Bruce was lookin' for contact whether they were there or not... he did not drive his knee up towords them, he was throwing his whole body with his knee out (how most human bodies function) into Nash to make contact...

crzyjournalist03
05-13-2007, 01:47 PM
I've always heard him being considered rough, not dirty...

I think that the difference between "rough" and "dirty" is the location of the discussion...I don't consider myself a fan of any NBA teams, but I've definitely heard him considered dirty by Rockets and Mavs fans before.

Gobbla2001
05-13-2007, 01:49 PM
he'll play rough as hell, grab a jersey here and there where a ref can't see it...

but MJ gets away with pushin' off of people for fade-aways and he had some very questionable momments as well... but I guess he scored enough where no one really noticed...

crzyjournalist03
05-13-2007, 01:53 PM
he'll play rough as hell, grab a jersey here and there where a ref can't see it...

but MJ gets away with pushin' off of people for fade-aways and he had some very questionable momments as well... but I guess he scored enough where no one really noticed...

I think it's really a chicken vs. egg argument that paints players in any sport...Bowen was rough before he was a scorer, MJ was a scorer before he was rough. I can't think of the last time a player perception changed across the globe.

Pete Rose was convicted of cheating and admitted it, and people want him in the hall of fame because they loved watching him play. Barry Bonds, although there are some major rumblings, has never been convicted of anything, but nobody wants him in the HOF because he's a "cheater"...

It's weird how certain people get certain raps that just never change.

Gobbla2001
05-13-2007, 01:55 PM
I think it's really a chicken vs. egg argument that paints players in any sport...Bowen was rough before he was a scorer, MJ was a scorer before he was rough. I can't think of the last time a player perception changed across the globe.

Pete Rose was convicted of cheating and admitted it, and people want him in the hall of fame because they loved watching him play. Barry Bonds, although there are some major rumblings, has never been convicted of anything, but nobody wants him in the HOF because he's a "cheater"...

It's weird how certain people get certain raps that just never change.

very very true

DU_stud04
05-13-2007, 02:18 PM
did you miss the part where Bowen through a knee into the groin of Steve Nash??? i laughed at that hahahaha

JR2004
05-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Bruce Lee Bowen is the NBA's dirtiest player since Stockton hung em up. He's probably the 2nd dirtiest player in my lifetime behind Laimbeer (nothing can top him.). I'd have the same opinion even if Bowen played for my team because the Lakers had a guy very similar to him named Ruben Patterson. We had to trade the moron because he was hurting his OWN TEAMMATES during practice!

The guy is just out of control, but it doesn't matter because that ignorant midget in the commissioner's office couldn't care less so he's free to continue trying to injure other players at his discretion. There's just no excuse for guys like this to even be a part of the NBA. While I'm not an Isaiah Thomas fan at all, I'd have liked to have seen Bowen try to pull his stunts against him in his playing days. He'd have suffered a career-ending injury a long time ago playing against those old Pistons teams.

crzyjournalist03
05-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i laughed at that hahahaha

sicko...you probably enjoy this site too then:

kickedinthenuts.com (http://www.kickedinthenuts.com/)

GreenMachine
05-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Bruce Lee Bowen is the NBA's dirtiest player since Stockton hung em up. He's probably the 2nd dirtiest player in my lifetime behind Laimbeer (nothing can top him.). I'd have the same opinion even if Bowen played for my team because the Lakers had a guy very similar to him named Ruben Patterson. We had to trade the moron because he was hurting his OWN TEAMMATES during practice!

The guy is just out of control, but it doesn't matter because that ignorant midget in the commissioner's office couldn't care less so he's free to continue trying to injure other players at his discretion. There's just no excuse for guys like this to even be a part of the NBA. While I'm not an Isaiah Thomas fan at all, I'd have liked to have seen Bowen try to pull his stunts against him in his playing days. He'd have suffered a career-ending injury a long time ago playing against those old Pistons teams. You don't really believe what you just said...do you :rolleyes:

DU_stud04
05-13-2007, 02:26 PM
sicko...you probably enjoy this site too then:

kickedinthenuts.com (http://www.kickedinthenuts.com/) they should make a tv show called owwww, my balls!...where people get hit in the nuts the whole time. its funny. :D

JR2004
05-13-2007, 02:27 PM
You don't really believe what you just said...do you :rolleyes:

Can't stand trash like Bowen...I'm pulling for a career-ending injury to him so other players don't have to deal with the idiot. I guess it's alright for Kobe to get trashed for flailing elbows and receive a suspension, but that worthless hack from the Scorched earth part of Texas can continue to get a free pass for intentionally hurting other players.

crzyjournalist03
05-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
they should make a tv show called owwww, my balls!

Ever try watching an episode of "Sex and the City"? It kinda feels like that...

crzyjournalist03
05-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Can't stand trash like Bowen...I'm pulling for a career-ending injury to him so other players don't have to deal with the idiot. I guess it's alright for Kobe to get trashed for flailing elbows and receive a suspension, but that worthless hack from the Scorched earth part of Texas can continue to get a free pass for intentionally hurting other players.

It is NEVER ok to root for an injury to ANYBODY...that's just plain wrong.

JR2004
05-13-2007, 02:31 PM
It is NEVER ok to root for an injury to ANYBODY...that's just plain wrong.

I don't believe it's up to you, or anyone else for that matter, to tell me what I want to see...If he's going to play dirty and hurt other players on purpose then turnabout is fair play.

DU_stud04
05-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Ever try watching an episode of "Sex and the City"? It kinda feels like that... never seen it....

GreenMachine
05-13-2007, 02:32 PM
I see anger management classes in someone's future :eek:

DU_stud04
05-13-2007, 02:33 PM
I don't believe it's up to you, or anyone else for that matter, to tell me what I want to see...If he's going to play dirty and hurt other players on purpose then turnabout is fair play. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bull Butter
05-13-2007, 02:34 PM
I don't believe it's up to you, or anyone else for that matter, to tell me what I want to see...If he's going to play dirty and hurt other players on purpose then turnabout is fair play.
Is it OK for me to want to see you get hit by a car?

JR2004
05-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Is it OK for me to want to see you get hit by a car?

lol...Sure what do I care.

JR2004
05-13-2007, 02:36 PM
I see anger management classes in someone's future :eek:

lol...really?

crzyjournalist03
05-13-2007, 02:48 PM

that's just dumb

JR2004
05-13-2007, 02:51 PM
that's just dumb

brilliant

Maroon87
05-13-2007, 03:11 PM
Go play intramurals, brother....

44INAROW
05-13-2007, 03:36 PM
did you miss the part where Bowen through a knee into the groin of Steve Nash???

yea - I missed that during the game - but watching TV a while ago, I did see a clip on that..... :doh:

SintonFan
05-13-2007, 04:41 PM
That statement puts you in the classification of being a "dirty fan". You must be an expert on this...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JR2004
05-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
That statement puts you in the classification of being a "dirty fan". You must be an expert on this...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lol...Fine by me!

Emerson1
05-13-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Visited my son yesterday in SA before he went to work this game (he is an intern for the Spurs). It turns out he got 2 tickets at the last minute but we had already gone back to La Grange so he gave them to a friend.:( Great game though! Go Spurs. BTW Spurs fans are the best. Banners all over town saying "Go Spurs". SA really backs their team.
Because it's the only team they have.

Emerson1
05-13-2007, 05:18 PM
Bowen being his usual thug self. That motion he makes is made in every game on almost every play, but NEVER have I seen a player get kneed in the crotch. He should stick to doing the cheap shots on defense since the cameras are usually already following the ball after the shot.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Well well...the moral compass of the downlow has spoken. Who are we as mere mortals to question that?:rolleyes:

It's about damn time somebody realize it. I was wondering when people were about to start coming around, I guess that time is now.

bandera7
05-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Bowen plays hard. Even the anti-Spurs announcers looked at the play again and said "Oh, I see now, he was just clearing space and he ran into Nash's goods". The announcers were pro-Suns and they saw that. All of you who hate Bowen are just fans of other teams that are frustrated because your team is done and you need something to take your anger out on.

Phil C
05-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
Bowen plays hard. Even the anti-Spurs announcers looked at the play again and said "Oh, I see now, he was just clearing space and he ran into Nash's goods". The announcers were pro-Suns and they saw that. All of you who hate Bowen are just fans of other teams that are frustrated because your team is done and you need something to take your anger out on.

bandara don't forget the Tour de France is in July! :)

kaorder1999
05-13-2007, 07:09 PM

oh...i see your argument but what about when people were complaining during the regular season for the last, lets just say for argument sake, 3 years? All their teams were still in it in the regular season right? This isnt a complaint from this post season only. In my opinion the "Your team is done and that is why you are complaining" thing is highly over used!

Emerson1
05-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Not so much, it's not like Bruce Bowen has suddenly started doing dirty stuff like this, or it wouldn't be an issue if it was still the regular season.

Bull Butter
05-13-2007, 10:38 PM
oh...i see your argument but what about when people were complaining during the regular season for the last, lets just say for argument sake, 3 years? All their teams were still in it in the regular season right? This isnt a complaint from this post season only. In my opinion the "Your team is done and that is why you are complaining" thing is highly over used!

Were YOU posting stuff about bowen & Co. during the regular season? You are now. Thanks for answering the question.

The "your team is done" thing is right on the mark. Scroll back through this thread and tell me I'm wrong. Every negative comment about the Spurs/Bowen on here is from North Texas.

Nice job of handling the loss to Golden State............