PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City vs. Needville Predictions?

setxsports
05-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Predictions?

maestro
05-12-2007, 08:40 PM
how refreshing to go watch two high school teams give it their all for a three game series and no " cheerleader chants and taunts" from either dugout throughout.

just playoff baseball.

again, how refreshing.

j_dog
05-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Those Bridge City Cardinals are tough. Win in two.

baseballa38
05-12-2007, 08:43 PM
bride city will sweep needville in 2................................................. ...................as for the cheerleader stuff and taunts your wrong during our series BC had there cheerleaders there hooping and hollaring when we pitched and they did taunt our pitchers

maestro
05-12-2007, 09:00 PM
but it did not COME FROM THE DUGOUT...

let the CHEERLEADERS cheer....and the DUGOUT PLAY....

:)

Johnnypaycheck
05-12-2007, 09:19 PM
players that chant cheers from the dugout...that is girls softball stuff...not baseball...

congrats to needville...good run wharton, great season!

baseballa38
05-12-2007, 09:37 PM
the players taunted the pitchers

Cardinalbb
05-13-2007, 10:06 AM
A good ballteam can take a taunt, let it go in one ear, and wave bye bye as it leaves the other. Such as #21 did when the Wharton coach tried to get in his head stating that he was stepping out of the box. But what happened on the next pitch? He went yard! He did the samething a couple of games earlier when another coach complained that the buttons on #21's shirt needed to be buttoned. Well.......after the homerun, nothing was said about his shirt anymore. But it's all part of the game! Batter!.....Batter!......Batter!..........SWING!!

SintonFan_inAustin
05-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Cardinalbb
A good ballteam can take a taunt, let it go in one ear, and wave bye bye as it leaves the other. Such as #21 did when the Wharton coach tried to get in his head stating that he was stepping out of the box. But what happened on the next pitch? He went yard! He did the samething a couple of games earlier when another coach complained that the buttons on #21's shirt needed to be buttoned. Well.......after the homerun, nothing was said about his shirt anymore. But it's all part of the game! Batter!.....Batter!......Batter!..........SWING!! i find it great that teams from the valley chant "Pegale a la bola" all in unison:) English" hit the ball" its not a tuant to other team:)

fireman1
05-13-2007, 11:21 AM
as for taunts your right it should go in one ear and out the other... and as for #21 stepping outta the batters box he was and the rules say that if a batter steps outta the batters box and swings hes out... BC is a good team and will win in 2 over Needville good luck to both teams... congrats Wharton great season

tigerpride_08
05-13-2007, 04:45 PM
BC in 2...we swept Needville in district play and we gave BC a run for their money...but i doubt Needville can do the same...

baseballa38
05-13-2007, 05:05 PM
it sucks that we got a great team right in the beginning and needville has had two pushover teams.....

tigerpride_08
05-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by baseballa38
it sucks that we got a great team right in the beginning and needville has had two pushover teams.....

that has been the theme for us this year...one extra point away in football from being D.C. and going at least 3 rounds like Sweeny...and we win district in baseball and we draw a hard team 2nd round while our 3rd place team gets to the 3rd round...not to fair...:(

Bull19
05-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
that has been the theme for us this year...one extra point away in football from being D.C. and going at least 3 rounds like Sweeny...and we win district in baseball and we draw a hard team 2nd round while our 3rd place team gets to the 3rd round...not to fair...:(

actually it is fair the way the brackets are set up

tigerpride_08
05-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
actually it is fair the way the brackets are set up

yea i know...but still, it feels so wrong...but we'll just have to bounce back next year...we're losing 5 starters but we'll return all but one pitcher...hopefully next year we'll go farther...

Antec
05-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Sometimes its better to finish second or third.

Also depends what district or region your in

In 2A, East Bernard and Weimar were district champs and lost in area round playoff series.

I sure hope they never let 4 teams make the playoffs like they do in 5A

its already watered down with three teams.

There a lot of 5 team districts in Region IV 3A.

j_dog
05-13-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by baseballa38
You got the second place team out of district 21 as you were supposed to.

There were four pretty evenly matched teams in district 21. Would you rather have drawn Jasper, Silsbee, or HJ? What really sucks is that a really good Silsbee team had to stay home because the district was so loaded. One bounce of the ball here and there and you could have drawn any one of them. I think the results would have been pretty much the same. I saw Jasper and La Grange play Friday and Saturday. I assure you La Grange was no pushover, yet Jasper took them out in two. Maybe La Grange should complain also. ;)

Have you considered that perhaps Needville has gotten better as the year went on? I like BC to win this one, but there are no guarantees. Needville could win it, and then what would you say? Hey, in 05 Jasper finished third in its district in football, yet came within 3 points of winning the state championship, finally losing 47-49 to Gilmer. It is a mistake to write off the third place teams.

themsu97
05-14-2007, 02:18 PM
they beat a district champion and the 2nd place team from another district... don't be upset that they beat who they were supposed to... win your series and then settle it on the field...

tigerpride_08
05-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Needville might have gotton better, but i still don't see them getting by BC...Stringer will handle them with ease, Meeks might be the only question in the staff now...Hicks did a good job against us..they have 3 quality pitchers...

setxsports
05-14-2007, 06:46 PM
BC in 2.

bballerlhp
05-14-2007, 10:11 PM
sorry wharton, but you're not that much better than needville. i pitched against both of ya'll and both of ya'll were good hitting teams, but to me, needville was a little better with the stick.

baseballa38
05-14-2007, 10:30 PM
actually we are way better than them we have way more homeruns, rbi's, steals, runs, etc. but hey, had a great season, gonna miss it.

bballerlhp
05-15-2007, 10:32 PM
maybe, all im sayin is my comparison between the two of yall against me. yall both had great seansons, and maybe needville can keep our district alive and make us proud

Bull19
05-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by bballerlhp
maybe, all im sayin is my comparison between the two of yall against me. yall both had great seansons, and maybe needville can keep our district alive and make us proud

I AGREE WITH MY C-TOWN BUDDY!