PDA

View Full Version : Hudson 29 Waco Robinson 19

mistanice
05-12-2007, 04:12 PM
After playing more than six hours of baseball and watching 67 runs cross the plate, the Hudson Hornets survived to advance in the Class 3A baseball playoffs by beating the Robinson Rockets 29-19, capturing the area championship in a marathon Game 3 at Gipson Field Friday night.

Wiley Rob
05-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Robinson hit a three run homerun with one out in the top of the seventh. They were down by one. This forced the third game. The third game proved to be a war of attrition. Hudson started Jarvis and then relieved with catcher Hunter Rowe. He ended up throwing around a hundred pitches after catching the entire first game. It was one of the best games I have ever seen. Both teams played their guts out. I'm sad to see the season end but Robinson had a great year. Good luck Hornets!:clap:

mistanice
05-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Wiley Rob
Robinson hit a three run homerun with one out in the top of the seventh. They were down by one. This forced the third game. The third game proved to be a war of attrition. Hudson started Jarvis and then relieved with catcher Hunter Rowe. He ended up throwing around a hundred pitches after catching the entire first game. It was one of the best games I have ever seen. Both teams played their guts out. I'm sad to see the season end but Robinson had a great year. Good luck Hornets!:clap:

I was driving by the field around Midnight and I saw the scoreboard was still on and noticed there were scores of cars still in the parking lot, lol. Didn't know the game was still going on! Wild game I bet.