PDA

View Full Version : flop or not

DU_stud04
05-12-2007, 12:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVdf9flv3sE
i dont see it as a flop, but someone sent iit to me asking why ginobili flops everytime he gets the ball. ill admit, he does flop, but he takes his fair hard blows as well.

big daddy russ
05-12-2007, 01:05 AM
It was hard enough to make him change directions while in air. He flops a lot, but he was pushed into K-Mart.

Watch Melo's left arm. It's more visible on the replay, but he changed direction mid-air.

halfnhalf
05-12-2007, 01:56 AM
OK that video was a foul, but i do agree that Ginobli does flop about as hardcore as Dennis Rodman used to do. I'm not a Spurs fan at all, I'm a Mav for life. But it does work, so you really can't try to down on Ginobli, but yes a lot of the fouls that get called on him are flops. But hey that's basketball and fans either way cannot get mad cuz nobody has controll on what the ref is feelin. I also agree with Amare Staudomire that Ginobli and Bowen are dirty players. But nobody gets a reputation as one of the best or not the best defender in the league without playin a little ruthless or dirty. All in all Ginobli and Bowen play a lil dirty and draw a few flop fouls, but that is the game, and if you can perfect that part of the game, you cannot have nothing but respect for these guys because that is hard to perfect.

DU_stud04
05-12-2007, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by halfnhalf
OK that video was a foul, but i do agree that Ginobli does flop about as hardcore as Dennis Rodman used to do. I'm not a Spurs fan at all, I'm a Mav for life. But it does work, so you really can't try to down on Ginobli, but yes a lot of the fouls that get called on him are flops. But hey that's basketball and fans either way cannot get mad cuz nobody has controll on what the ref is feelin. I also agree with Amare Staudomire that Ginobli and Bowen are dirty players. But nobody gets a reputation as one of the best or not the best defender in the league without playin a little ruthless or dirty. All in all Ginobli and Bowen play a lil dirty and draw a few flop fouls, but that is the game, and if you can perfect that part of the game, you cannot have nothing but respect for these guys because that is hard to perfect. good words

GreenMachine
05-12-2007, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by halfnhalf
OK that video was a foul, but i do agree that Ginobli does flop about as hardcore as Dennis Rodman used to do. I'm not a Spurs fan at all, I'm a Mav for life. But it does work, so you really can't try to down on Ginobli, but yes a lot of the fouls that get called on him are flops. But hey that's basketball and fans either way cannot get mad cuz nobody has controll on what the ref is feelin. I also agree with Amare Staudomire that Ginobli and Bowen are dirty players. But nobody gets a reputation as one of the best or not the best defender in the league without playin a little ruthless or dirty. All in all Ginobli and Bowen play a lil dirty and draw a few flop fouls, but that is the game, and if you can perfect that part of the game, you cannot have nothing but respect for these guys because that is hard to perfect. Don't mistake dirty for hard. Bowen and Ginobili aren't dirty players. Amare probably doesn't even think so, just trying to gain an edge with the refs. :thinking:

Gobbla2001
05-12-2007, 11:36 AM
he flops about half of the time... the FACT is that on those flops he is actually being fouled, just not enough to get a whistle unless he flops... understando?

eagles_victory
05-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Don't mistake dirty for hard. Bowen and Ginobili aren't dirty players. Amare probably doesn't even think so, just trying to gain an edge with the refs. :thinking: Manu isnt dirty but he does flop a lot. Flopping doesnt make you a dirty player. But Bowen is dirty

Gobbla2001
05-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Manu isnt dirty but he does flop a lot. Flopping doesnt make you a dirty player. But Bowen is dirty

Bowen just plays hard... he's had a couple of "questionable" plays in his day, but he's just a hard player... you don't get all of that defensive recognition playing soft, that's for sure...

eagles_victory
05-12-2007, 11:44 AM
he plays hard but hes also dirty very dirty he reminds me of a new york hobo the way he plays

Gobbla2001
05-12-2007, 11:46 AM
he plays hard but hes also dirty very dirty he reminds me of a new york hobo the way he plays

he holds up a sign and begs? ;)

not, he glues himself to you and makes you make silly decisions...

SintonFan
05-12-2007, 11:46 AM
*edited for crappy quoting*

eagles_victory
05-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Gotta love all this hate. That means Manu is doing something right if you get all this attention.:clap: read the thread again

Gobbla2001
05-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Gotta love all this hate. That means Manu is doing something right if you get all this attention.:clap:

(he's talkin' bout Bowen)

SintonFan
05-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
(he's talkin' bout Bowen)
How did Bowens name come up? This whole thread is about MANUUUUUUUUUUU! :clap:
Watch the video. Melo is a punk.:mad:
I say that what he did in that video is dirty dirty dirty...

Gobbla2001
05-12-2007, 11:53 AM
How did Bowens name come up? This whole thread is about MANUUUUUUUUUUU! :clap:
Watch the video. Melo is a punk.:mad:
I say that what he did in that video is dirty dirty dirty...

no one, esspecially a Mav fan, wants to hear about any other team being dirty right now except for the San Antonio Spurs with their silly three championships :mad:

SintonFan
05-12-2007, 11:56 AM
read the thread again
Oh lord! I quoted you and read someone elses post. Dam you Gobbla with your friggin Jedi German beer tricks!:eek: :crazy: :speech:

Gobbla2001
05-12-2007, 11:58 AM
. Dam you Gobbla with your friggin Jedi German beer tricks!:eek: :crazy: :speech:

#1, I aint no river, you aint damin' me...

#2, I'm drinking some beer out of Oregon right now so you must stop insulting my heritage asap mister

SintonFan
05-12-2007, 11:59 AM
#1, I aint no river, you aint damin' me...

#2, I'm drinking some beer out of Oregon right now so you must stop insulting my heritage asap mister
I thought you were Swedish?:confused:

Gobbla2001
05-12-2007, 12:00 PM
I thought you were Swedish?:confused:

that musta been some other Gobbla2001... I'm Texan via Germany...

SintonFan
05-12-2007, 12:05 PM
that musta been some other Gobbla2001... I'm Texan via Germany...
Ok ok...
I got it. I swear G2 mentioned you were Swedish.:doh:
Isn't Shiner a german styled beer? And doesn't Shiner have Jedi-like mind control abilities?

Gobbla2001
05-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Ok ok...
I got it. I swear G2 mentioned you were Swedish.:doh:
Isn't Shiner a german styled beer? And doesn't Shiner have Jedi-like mind control abilities?

no, yes and yes...