PDA

View Full Version : Sealy vs Splendora? (Softball)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Any scores on this series?

Reds fan
05-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Splendora won the first game, haven't heard about the second game

KL3
05-12-2007, 07:55 AM
From the UIL website, Splendora won game 2 11-6.

Reds fan
05-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Dang, Sealy had a heck of a year. Too bad they had to run into Splendora.

zebrablue2
05-12-2007, 08:11 AM
sorry to hear that. I really thought sealy had a real shot to make
the big dance. 11 runs given up, I find that hard to believe. thanks
for a great season sealy.

scotty
05-12-2007, 03:08 PM
When the Thursday night game rained out it required a double header on Friday night. First game started at 6 o'clock and it was hot and the game went to 10 innings before Splendora won 3-2. Both starting pitchers went the distance in the first game and started the second so no doubt they had to be a bit tired. I don't know how far either went in the second game, but if they went very far that could account for the high score. Splendora has outstanding people on both offense and defense with just about every batter in their order capable of really hurting you with the bat. There is no let up for a pitcher and they hit some shots. Splendora's pitcher is only a freshman and she fanned 13 Sealy batters.
Holub for Sealy pitched well, but went deep in the count a lot making he throw a lot of pitches. In the sixth inning with Sealy on top 2-1 facing the first batter, Holub developed a cramp in her leg on the first pitch to the #4 batter freshman Cadie Weaver. On the next pitch Weaver tied the game with a shot over the left center field fence. The winning run was scored after an outfield error and an infield error put runners at first and third. The throw from catcher to second on the attempted steal enabled the runner to score from third on a very close play. Great game by two fine teams.

pirate4state
05-13-2007, 12:20 AM
:( :( :(

I sure hate to see Sealy lose!! :( They had a great season!! :clap: Splendora is always a tough opponent! Congrats to the Lady Tigers on your first district title & your run in the playoffs. :)

3aSoftball4Mom
05-13-2007, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:( :( :(

I sure hate to see Sealy lose!! :( They had a great season!! :clap: Splendora is always a tough opponent! Congrats to the Lady Tigers on your first district title & your run in the playoffs. :)

Thanks Rita.
I had to take a day before I responded about our game last night.

It was two very tough games for our girls and they almost pulled it out in the first one. That was really hard on the girls, having an early lead, then to lose it in the bottom of ten.
The next game, we had one good inning where we scored 5 runs, we had other chances but just couldn't put together enough hits to bring our base runners home.

Lady Tigers....enough can't be said about the season that you ladies had.....Starting off 0-2 in District, then winning 12 in a row, and the 1st Softball District Championship in school history!

I think that the road to Austin is through Splendora.

I know how bad it hurts right now, because I hurt too, but one thing to rememeber, you played one of the toughest teams that I have seen in a long time. You held your own, for a long time and fought hard, actually never giving up. The pain of defeat might not ever totally go away, but it will fade somewhat over time. You should all be proud of the season and remember how much fun that you had!!

We are all VERY proud of all of you. You gave us a great 3 & 1/2 months of some super softball.
We love you, 2007 Sealy Lady Tigers.

Scotty, thanks for the write up and it was great meeting you.

:clap: :clap:
Splendora:
You have a great team and we expect that you will probably be the next 3a State Champs.
You played tough and hit the ball extremely hard. We wish you the best of luck for the next couple weeks on your way to Austin.

pirate4state
05-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Splendora:
You have a great team and we expect that you will probably be the next 3a State Champs.
I don't know about all THAT!! ;)

3aSoftball4Mom
05-13-2007, 10:34 AM
I don't know about all THAT!! ;)

ooooooppps:eek:

Sorry about that. I wasn't thinking.. Sinton will be. And you know that I will be pulling for your team!:clap:

pirate4state
05-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by 3aSoftball4Mom
ooooooppps:eek:

Sorry about that. I wasn't thinking.. Sinton will be. And you know that I will be pulling for your team!:clap: Thank you. We have a tough series this week. The past couple of years we have been expecting this match up and something would always happen and one of us would lose. Well, it's FINALLY here!!! CAN'T WAIT!! Win or lose, I'm excited to see what our girls can do against Becca Hay!!!

ooops ---- sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread.

In no way do I think we are a "shoe in" at State - just to set the record straight. ;) BUT I am hoping!! :D

3aSoftball4Mom
05-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Thank you. We have a tough series this week. The past couple of years we have been expecting this match up and something would always happen and one of us would lose. Well, it's FINALLY here!!! CAN'T WAIT!! Win or lose, I'm excited to see what our girls can do against Becca Hay!!!

I'm betting that you will do great. I will be calling to find out.

In no way do I think we are a "shoe in" at State - just to set the record straight. ;) BUT I am hoping!! :D

I believe that ya'll have a very good chance, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. and pulling for the SINTON Lady PIRATES!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by 3aSoftball4Mom

I think that the road to Austin is through Splendora.

Splendora:

Is not the road to Austin go throught Giddings?
District 23, Giddings the next State Softball Champs!

buff4ever
05-15-2007, 07:55 AM
I am sure that Splendora is a great team, and possibly the next state champ, there will be a few games left to decide that for us though. Obviously no one on this board really has a say in that right now.

As for how good they are, that is still to be determined. We all know that we can't judge them by their series with sealy, b/c sealy only won their district b/c bellville wasn't in it. Therefore they would have finished third at best in our district and possibly not even have made it out of district with la grange and navasota as well. So therefore I have determined that the games will have to prove the rest of the story.

I WOULD PERSONALLY TAKE 290 THROUGH GIDDINGS TO GET TO AUSTIN, ONLY 45 MINUTES OR SO.

BTEXDAD
05-15-2007, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever

As for how good they are, that is still to be determined. We all know that we can't judge them by their series with sealy, b/c sealy only won their district b/c bellville wasn't in it. Therefore they would have finished third at best in our district and possibly not even have made it out of district with la grange and navasota as well.

Buff, you're gonna stir something up here. LOL

Good luck to Giddings!

Sealy, you had a great season!

LH Panther Mom
05-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Buff, you're gonna stir something up here. LOL

I laughed. :D

pirate4state
05-15-2007, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I laughed. :D Me too!!

Bull19
05-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Is not the road to Austin go throught Giddings?

buff4ever
05-15-2007, 01:57 PM
I was just kidding, FOR THE MOST PART, and yet no one even responded, no fun at all.

3aSoftball4Mom
05-15-2007, 10:51 PM
I was just kidding, FOR THE MOST PART, and yet no one even responded, no fun at all.

And I just got through being nice to Giddings on another post.

:D

Bull19
05-15-2007, 11:44 PM
I am sure that Splendora is a great team, and possibly the next state champ, there will be a few games left to decide that for us though. Obviously no one on this board really has a say in that right now.

As for how good they are, that is still to be determined. We all know that we can't judge them by their series with sealy, b/c sealy only won their district b/c bellville wasn't in it. Therefore they would have finished third at best in our district and possibly not even have made it out of district with la grange and navasota as well. So therefore I have determined that the games will have to prove the rest of the story.

I WOULD PERSONALLY TAKE 290 THROUGH GIDDINGS TO GET TO AUSTIN, ONLY 45 MINUTES OR SO.

THANX SO MUCH!!!! GREAT POST:p