PDA

View Full Version : Had Lasik today!

Johnnypaycheck
05-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Man, it is great. I can see awesome after only a few hours.

Just wanted to brag a little. sorry.

No more glasses or contacts!

CenTexSports
05-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Would you recommend it for all those blind officials?

Phantom Stang
05-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Congratulations!
Both eyes at once?

Johnnypaycheck
05-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports

already told my dad that TASO should make it mandatory to have it done for all HS officials.

yes, both eyes done at once. sitting here watching the 'stros...LOSE AGAIN!

turbostud
05-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck

I had PRK 2 years ago. Best $1000 dollars I ever spent.
Took me about 3 days for my vision get straight.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-11-2007, 10:11 PM
My parents talked about getting it for me the other day, but it will probably be awhile before I do. I never take my contacts out, even though it's supposed to be bad for you if you don't have the Night and Day contacts, but I keep them in for a month or two and haven't had any problems yet.

Johnnypaycheck
05-11-2007, 10:51 PM
i was amazed about how quick it was, and painless. if you are considering getting this done...I HIGHLY recommend it!

JasperDog94
05-11-2007, 11:12 PM
The only thing my wife said that she wasn't prepared for was the smell of her eyeball burning!:eek:

Johnnypaycheck
05-12-2007, 09:40 AM
i didn't smell a thing.

HM33
05-12-2007, 10:47 AM
I will end up getting it when my eyes stop getting worse and worse lol... I have like a 5.5 and 4.75 perscription right now... I also leave my contacts in for months... I have 2 week contacts but I think I have had this pair in for...eeehhh. like 3 months :S

JR2004
05-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports

Lasik can't fix stupidity! :)

Wiley Rob
05-12-2007, 07:57 PM
I had Lasik anout five years ago. Before the surgery I had 20/120 vision (legally blind). I now have 20/15 vision. I had the procedure where they actually cut the lens of your eye and peel it back. It sounds horrible but I didn't feel a thing. The total amount of time I was in the chair was about 3-4 minutes. I went home and slept the rest of the day. It was great!

Antec
05-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Had in 3 years ago and Mann Berkley in Houston

went okay- went to 2nd surgery f or refinment

big mistake now i need reading glasses for close up.

Wife had it too- she got refinement and now needs contacts

so didnt help her

guess each patient results is different

LH Panther Mom
05-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Had in 3 years ago and Mann Berkley in Houston

went okay- went to 2nd surgery f or refinment

big mistake now i need reading glasses for close up.

Wife had it too- she got refinement and now needs contacts

so didnt help her

guess each patient results is different
That's part of the reason I haven't really considered it. I can't see jack, so I would go from needing glasses to see a foot away, to needing glasses to see 6" from my face. I know many folks have success, but it's not for me.

pancho villa
05-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck

maybe you can see to water that dirt now.

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Wiley Rob
I had Lasik anout five years ago. Before the surgery I had 20/120 vision (legally blind). I now have 20/15 vision. I had the procedure where they actually cut the lens of your eye and peel it back. It sounds horrible but I didn't feel a thing. The total amount of time I was in the chair was about 3-4 minutes. I went home and slept the rest of the day. It was great!

From what I understand, we talked about it in my physiology class some this semester, with this procedure you have to worry about that flap on your eye for the rest of your life. Is that true? We talked about how it never heals as far as growing back and you have to be careful diving into pools or sticking your head out a moving vehicle.

Panther One
05-12-2007, 10:39 PM
I want Lasik. My eyes keep getting worse, though. I've reached the 6's on my contact prescriptions. I would love to be able to wake up in the morning and be able to see. I got glasses when I was 9 (17 years ago) and starting wearing contacts when I was 12. If I could get in 15-20 years without them, I'd be thrilled.