PDA

View Full Version : Communist Soccer Propaganda...@#$@%@#$%

vet93
09-20-2003, 09:19 PM
I thought that my 4 year old son would enjoy running and kicking the ball in soccer this year. I thought it would be good exercise and a good way to play with his friends. Everything was going great until he brought home his soccer t-shirt and this is what it said, "Runnels County Soccer Association...The REAL football". :mad: Now I am beginning to understand the subversive brainwashing techniques that are being used to influence our nations youth. All communist organizations use propaganda to advance their agenda...I had no idea that they would stoop so low as to attack preschoolers. We must rise up against this menace!

slpybear the bullfan
09-20-2003, 09:45 PM
Vet... come and join our ANTI-COMMUNISTISTIC ATHELETIC LEAGUE...

Sinton66 and I are the founding members...

wink

crzyjournalist03
09-20-2003, 10:11 PM
arrghh!!!! These soccer people need to get a grip. It's never the "real football". Even if it were to catch on huge, it's not football. The proper term in other countries for soccer is "futbol", not "football".

SintonFan
09-20-2003, 11:47 PM
slpybear the bullfan:
Vet... come and join our ANTI-COMMUNISTISTIC ATHELETIC LEAGUE...

Sinton66 and I are the founding members...

wink Yes go join them. They founded AlCohAL...

slpybear the bullfan
09-21-2003, 02:00 AM
Heck Sinton Fan... at least its not...

the Anti-Nihilistic Atheletic League...

(play with that one some... wink )

SintonFan
09-21-2003, 09:51 AM
LMAO!!!!
http://images.bravenet.com/common/images/smilies/scared.gif http://images.bravenet.com/common/images/smilies/scared.gif http://images.bravenet.com/common/images/smilies/scared.gif

3afan
09-21-2003, 10:27 AM
my neice is on soccer scholarship at UNT -- what about her !?!?!?!?! frown

<small>[ September 21, 2003, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

Pudlugger
09-21-2003, 06:43 PM
3afan:
my neice is on soccer scholarship at UNT -- what about her !?!?!?!?! :( Diversity welfare? Anybody who has a clue about Title IX knows that it is FOOTBALL that pays the fare for these "inclusive" sports, often at the expense of lesser sports such as wrestling, crew and lacrosse. :mad:

<small>[ September 21, 2003, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
09-21-2003, 06:51 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........

Pudlugger
09-21-2003, 06:56 PM
Bandera YaYa:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........And what is so funny?

Bandera YaYa
09-21-2003, 07:19 PM
Duh....I'm laughing at how mad everyone gets over soccer.......But didn't our version of football evolve from the European version?

Bandera YaYa
09-21-2003, 07:21 PM
Calling Soccer a communist sport is like saying anyone with German or Russian anscestry(sp) is a communist.....that's just stupid.

sinton66
09-21-2003, 07:27 PM
Ya Ya, the English sport our game evolved from was RUGBY, not soccer. Even Rugby does not compare to American Football. Check the history books too, the Germans were never considered communists. If we really wanted to insult either of those ancestries, we'd call them "French". :D

<small>[ September 21, 2003, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
09-21-2003, 07:50 PM
..Nazi's ...Communists....the same to me.

sinton66
09-21-2003, 08:15 PM
Well, that's just you, but I know a lot of Jewish people who wouldn't agree with you.

Bandera YaYa
09-21-2003, 08:26 PM
Ok, good point, I wasn't thinking like that.....I agree with you.

3afan2K3
09-21-2003, 08:29 PM
How did all this communist soccer stuff get started anyhow?

Bandera YaYa
09-21-2003, 08:32 PM
WEll now, that's a GREAT question, sir! HEy Sinton66...wanna answer that one!!!???? :D

3afan2K3
09-21-2003, 08:35 PM
I remember me making a topic about soccer in 3a schools, then it really started popping up

<small>[ September 21, 2003, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

sinton66
09-21-2003, 08:38 PM
Kruschev was a soccer fan. wink

3afan2K3
09-21-2003, 08:39 PM
Who the heck is that?

Bandera YaYa
09-21-2003, 08:41 PM
I like a man who never gives up... :D

3afan2K3
09-21-2003, 08:41 PM
Good for you Ya Ya

slpybear the bullfan
09-21-2003, 08:47 PM
3afan2K3:
How did all this communist soccer stuff get started anyhow?Well... if you look back to the announcement of my new son, you will see the post that started it... look for the one dated may 27th, 11:19 AM..

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007092#000012

sinton66
09-21-2003, 09:30 PM
Don't forget there's a third member to our little club, Slpybear. We can't leave PPHSFan out of this. He's a founding member too. I know he hasn't been on in a while, but we can't just forget about his magnificent contributions. wink

slpybear the bullfan
09-21-2003, 09:49 PM
sinton66:
Don't forget there's a third member to our little club, Slpybear. We can't leave PPHSFan out of this. He's a founding member too. I know he hasn't been on in a while, but we can't just forget about his magnificent contributions. wink Yes, Yes... I agree. He is definitley one of the original members of our "Troika"... (Да, который был хорошая частица русского для Вас!!!)

PPHSfan, hope to see you back soon on the board...

sinton66
09-21-2003, 09:54 PM
Slpy, check your pm please.

Phil C
09-22-2003, 11:51 AM
Isn't it great the the USA Women's World Soccer team beat Sweden Sunday 3 to 1 in the World Cup Games going on? Come on guys! Get with the program! GO USA! GO WOMEN'S SOCCER! :)

JasperDog94
09-22-2003, 01:09 PM
Now they're including WOMEN in Communist World Cup? eek!

First the men, then the women, and now the children. When will the madness stop?!?

Green Ranger
09-22-2003, 02:10 PM
Several things I would like to bring to everybody's attention. Rugby came from soccer and there for in a way football evolved from soccer so you can check your history book on that one. In high school, football does not pay for other sports, including communist soccer, due to the prices of redoing pads and all the equipment involved. It is your opinion so everyone is entitled to that, and you can call soccer, the real football communist if you so choose. If that is the case then you are calling yourself a partial communist and will until football kicker go back to the old style of kicking which wont happen. How is that for Communist propaganda *&#@*@ as the post puts it. In a week or two you will see a real sporting event when the Womens World Cup is played for and a National Champion will be crowned, so all you football people can see that it takes world teams to compete not just United States team to compete to be titled World Champs.

Bandera YaYa
09-22-2003, 02:38 PM
Oh, you Midland people are sooooooo smart! Thanks for the info! :)

Hey Sinton66: :p

<small>[ September 22, 2003, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

vet93
09-22-2003, 02:50 PM
I guess that I am going to have to start my posts with a "tongue in cheek" caption from now on when I try to have a little fun with a subject. I thought that it was obvious from my writing style that I was just having fun with Sinton66, Slpybear and others about their soccer posts. I can't believe that people get so serious about this stuff like their religion has been attacked (maybe it has?). I am glad that my child is in soccer and we have had a lot of fun watching him and my older daughter play. I think that the sport is good for them...what I do get tired of is some of these soccer fanatics who get their panties in a wad everytime a person jokes about soccer or states that they don't particularly care for it as a sport (tongue not in cheek).

JasperDog94
09-22-2003, 03:20 PM
Green Ranger:
In a week or two you will see a real sporting event when the Womens World Cup is played for and a National Champion will be crowned, so all you football people can see that it takes world teams to compete not just United States team to compete to be titled World Champs.If the rest of the world would like to enter a football team into the NFL for competition, then bring it on. I think our basketball team speaks for itself on the world stage. I would also like to see baseball compete against other nations, but that would make an already too long season even longer.

Back to football. IMHO soccer doesn't even compare to modern day football. If you play soccer, great. Have a good time. But don't come into a football chat room and expect everyone to love your sport. It ain't gonna happen. wink

sinton66
09-22-2003, 04:17 PM
GreenRanger, maybe you should do a search on the origin of Rugby. It did not come from soccer but from a Roman game called "harpastum". The Greeks also played a very similar game. Rugby actually evolved over a period of about two thousand years.

Bandera YaYa
09-22-2003, 04:20 PM
...for Pete's sake...... frown

crzyjournalist03
09-22-2003, 04:35 PM
JasperDog94:

First the men, then the women, and now the children. When will the madness stop?!?Yeah, don't you remember the photos of a girl ripping off her shirt? That was Brandi Chastain (sp?) of the US Women's soccer team. No shirtless antics this time though...she's hurt, so there goes any reason for watching. wink

3afan2K3
09-22-2003, 05:34 PM
crzyjournalist03:

JasperDog94:

First the men, then the women, and now the children. When will the madness stop?!?Yeah, don't you remember the photos of a girl ripping off her shirt? That was Brandi Chastain (sp?) of the US Women's soccer team. No shirtless antics this time though...she's hurt, so there goes any reason for watching. wink I thought that was Mia Hamm that did that

Bandera YaYa
09-22-2003, 05:44 PM
No, it wasn't Mia...

3afan2K3
09-22-2003, 05:48 PM
Then who was it?

crzyjournalist03
09-22-2003, 06:03 PM
uh, can you read? I said it was Brandi Chastain.

slpybear the bullfan
09-22-2003, 08:25 PM
ROFLMAO!!! You folks really crack me up... Amen to the comment about tongue in cheek smilies before we post... Jeezz... WE ARE JUST HAVING SOME FUN PEOPLE...

Still LOL!!!

Well, I would love to comment on the comment about what is the biggest revenue generator for HS Sports... if you don't believe it is football, I challenge you to post some credible evidence to show what is the bigger revenue maker. It is football by a landslide...

Stop and think for just one second about how big a stadium is... how much tickets cost... how many games are played... how many coaches can be afforded... how many playoff games add to the pot...

If there is another high school sport that generates more revenue than football, I'll eat crow. Right, Wrong, or Indifferent, that is how it is...

Brahma73
09-22-2003, 11:06 PM
sinton66:
GreenRanger, maybe you should do a search on the origin of Rugby. It did not come from soccer but from a Roman game called "harpastum". The Greeks also played a very similar game. Rugby actually evolved over a period of about two thousand years.God I love educators!! :D

sinton66
09-22-2003, 11:25 PM
Not an educator, just know how to use a search engine. Actually, Soccer and Rugby BOTH evolved from the Roman game, but took different directions. :D

sinton66
09-23-2003, 06:43 AM
Ok, for those of you interested in the origin of soccer, read this article on the "origin of football".

web page (http://www.footballnetwork.org/dev/historyoffootball/history1.asp)

The earliest recorded version of the game played today came from China. The Aztecs had a similar game before the Chinese, but it more resembled a cross between basketball, volleyball, and football. As a side note, the losers in the Aztec game were sacrificed to the gods.

<small>[ September 23, 2003, 07:26 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Green Ranger
09-23-2003, 08:13 AM
For those who are against soccer, just a couple things to consider. Soccer is a sport regardless of it origin or limited amount of scoring that has grown over the past couple years world wide. That in itself deserves some repsect in my book. We are not asking everybody to love it, but like on other post the cussing and the "N" word, constantly ragging on something is childish and this is just my opinion. That would be like making fun of football, on a regular basis, it doesnt happen. I like football so it's not a problem, I know a lot of this communist stuff is jokes but even that gets old after a while. Just like some of these post on this forum that have posted time and time again. If somebody has a decent post about something, soccer, you have your opinion and I respect that. but constantly bashing something in that manner to me seems childish. Just my thoughts, but this is were I think some of us soccerlovers are coming from.

sinton66
09-23-2003, 09:46 AM
Remember that this is a 3A High School Football forum, not one for soccer. If you soccer fans don't like the way we refer to it, stop bringing it up on this board and/or stop reading our posts. If you refuse to do that, then you will have to take what happens as a result. If it's the "communist soccer" label you don't like, I suppose we could change to calling it "wussy ball". :D

1 ranger fan
09-23-2003, 10:11 AM
Thanks Sinton66 I just fell out of my chair laughing. That was funny. I needed it this morning.

JasperDog94
09-23-2003, 10:54 AM
sinton66:
If it's the "communist soccer" label you don't like, I suppose we could change to calling it "wussy ball". :D ROTFLMBO!!! That's just too funny! :D :D :D

Bandera YaYa
09-23-2003, 11:10 AM
JasperDog94:

sinton66:
If it's the "communist soccer" label you don't like, I suppose we could change to calling it "wussy ball". :D ROTFLMBO!!! That's just too funny! :D :D :D ...what's "wussy" about soccer??? Doubt many big ole' football boys could run the soccer field for a few hours straight...I've seen them try it and they can't keeep up! So, let's just not starting calling boys that play soccer "wusses"...let's just recognize them as athletes for their particular sport....just like football players....let's just not go there...kinda immature. I like both sports and I respect all players for their abilities and the entertainment they provide for us fans.....

crzyjournalist03
09-23-2003, 11:18 AM
eh, soccer's not necessarily "wussy", but you have to admit, it's no rugby.

slpybear the bullfan
09-23-2003, 12:12 PM
WOW Sinton66!!! Just like Gas on a fire... You just pull the chain a little and...

sinton66
09-23-2003, 12:12 PM
Bandera YaYa:

JasperDog94:

sinton66:
If it's the "communist soccer" label you don't like, I suppose we could change to calling it "wussy ball". :D ROTFLMBO!!! That's just too funny! :D :D :D ...what's "wussy" about soccer??? Doubt many big ole' football boys could run the soccer field for a few hours straight...I've seen them try it and they can't keeep up! So, let's just not starting calling boys that play soccer "wusses"...let's just recognize them as athletes for their particular sport....just like football players....let's just not go there...kinda immature. I like both sports and I respect all players for their abilities and the entertainment they provide for us fans.....Sorry Ya Ya, I only gave you two choices. It's "communist soccer" or "wussy ball". No other considerations will be made.

sinton66
09-23-2003, 12:31 PM
Well, you know me buddy, I like to be easy to get along with. I can make concessions if called upon to do that. wink

slpybear the bullfan
09-23-2003, 12:45 PM
I'll take you up on some concessions...

two tortilla burgers and a coke...

Green Ranger
09-23-2003, 02:04 PM
As far as revenue goes, you are right, football does make the most revenue. Flip side to that, it also cost the most to play than any other sport in a school setting. Most Division two colleges dont make money off of football, some Div 1's unless you are labeled with all the merchandise. From ordering all the pads, recertifying them every year, uniforms, grays, cleats, ball, paying someone to mow the field, paint for the field and so much more. Yes football makes more money at the same time it cost twice as much to play and run. Look that one up on your seach on the internet and see what you find.

Ranger Mom
09-23-2003, 03:01 PM
This is the first time I had even read this thread, and can't believe how serious some people are taking everything.

So what if the majority of us are "adults" here, who says we can't be "childish" from time to time?? I'll be the first to admit that I am 39 years old and DO NOT act my age!!

Actually the people that get so "bent out of shape" over posts like this, are actually the one's who are giving all kinds of ammunition to the "resident jokesters"!!

Just one word of advice:

LIGHTEN UP!!!!!!!!!!