PDA

View Full Version : Dear Ricky Williams......

HippoBaseball05
05-11-2007, 01:54 PM
STOP SMOKING WEED!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2867381

:hairpunk:

LH Panther Mom
05-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Okay, is anyone REALLY surprised by this? :rolleyes: :doh:

crzyjournalist03
05-11-2007, 02:16 PM
wasn't he on TV or radio recently bragging about how he'd gone without weed for about two years now???

smustangs
05-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Okay, is anyone REALLY surprised by this? :rolleyes: :doh:

nope kind of had to figure it would happen again

DUKE22
05-11-2007, 02:36 PM
I read an article that said he may not play until September. Pacman sits out a year, and this fool can fail 20 drug tests and still get to play. Ship him back to Canada.

Fal44
05-11-2007, 02:41 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh damm you MJ:foul:

SpreadtheRed
05-11-2007, 05:24 PM
at least Ricky doesnt go to strip bars and demand that he get his money back, and at least he doesnt get DUI/DWI (Bengals). To look at him on a lighter side. lol

mustang04
05-11-2007, 05:37 PM
everybody is looking down on ricky....all he does is smoke weed because he has a legit disorder and ppl look down upon him whenever there are players who are commiting more serious crimes.....i'm sorry but to me smoking weed is not even as bad as steroid use

halfnhalf
05-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Smoking weed is nowhere near what some of these players have done. Jamaal Lewis was convicted of trafficking cocaine and still came back a played. Smoking weed has no effect on anyone but yourself, which is nowhere near as dangerous or hazardous to the body as steriods, which is obvious that a lot of players use. Compared to LT smoking crack in the 80s and 90s, and players now all getting busted with guns and selling actual drugs, this is nothing, but it is still against the rules. But I still think that everyone is making too big of a deal about it.

sinton66
05-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Smoking weed has no effect on anyone but yourself

You OBVIOUSLY never spent any time attending rock concerts at the Fillmore West back in the late sixties. You can't hold your breath for two hours.;)

halfnhalf
05-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Wasn't around back then, but I'll take your word for it, 50,000 people lightin up in one spot would get a little hazy

Who-dun-it!!?
05-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Thats wonderful. If I smoke weed I loose my freakin job!

He gets chance after chance. I think he has proven he ain't gonna quit. He may quit long enough to get reinstated, but thats all. God help this idoit if he had to have a real job.

smustangs
05-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Thats wonderful. I smoke weed I loose my freakin job!

He gets chance after chance. I think he has proven he ain't gonna quit. He may quit long enough to get reinstated, but thats all. God help this idoit if he had to have a real job.

no ones saying its right but that a bunch of ppl blow it out of the water for no reason. you have ppl playing in the nfl for a lot worse and stuff

Chris Hart
05-11-2007, 09:40 PM
It's not being blown out of proportion! It would be different if this were the first time he'd failed a UA, but this is the umpteenth time. If the loser wants to smoke weed that bad, he should go get him a manual labor job where he wouldn't be tested and quit embarrassing himself. What a complete moron!!!:rolleyes:

turbostud
05-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Ricky's been hangin with these guys to much.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/dlp90_la6122/CnC.jpg

smustangs
05-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Ricky's been hangin with these guys to much.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/dlp90_la6122/CnC.jpg

up in smoke thats were all my money goes is up in smoke :smoker:

Who-dun-it!!?
05-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
no ones saying its right but that a bunch of ppl blow it out of the water for no reason. you have ppl playing in the nfl for a lot worse and stuff

I agree 100%.

But if those of us who have real jobs have to be held to a higher standard making a fraction of the money these overpaid thugs make, It just ain't right.

On the other hand, I'm part of the problem, cause I'm as big a sports fan as anybody. I was saddened when Kent Caminitti died. And I hate to see a professional athlete go down like that. I wish they would all except the fact that are role modles and hold themselves to a higher standard.

Crap!! I'm also a hypocrite. I can't stand T.O. But I cheered every time he scored. Damn!!! somebody shoot me!!!

smustangs
05-11-2007, 09:44 PM
I agree 100%.

But if those of us who have real jobs have to be held to a higher standard making a fraction of the money these overpaid thugs make, It just ain't right.

On the other hand, I'm part of the problem, cause I'm as big a sports fan as anybody. I was saddened when Kent Caminitti died. And I hate to see a professional athlete go down like that. I wish they would all except the fact that are role modles and hold themselves to a higher standard.

Crap!! I'm also a hypocrite. I can't stand T.O. But I cheered every time he scored. Damn!!! somebody shoot me!!!

hahai agree with you but thats the way things are and none of us can change it

LH Panther Mom
05-11-2007, 11:35 PM
It doesn't matter if it's "that big of deal" or not. The truth of the matter is that there is a NFL policy AGAINST it. In life, there are things called "consequences", even for so-called heralded :rolleyes: athletes.

halfnhalf
05-12-2007, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by smustangs

That is what I am preaching, there are people that have done a lot worse stuff than him that inculdes felony type crimes, and those are the ones that people should think about letting them ever play again. I can remember numerous times that players have been caught with cocaine, and it was a big deal, but not as a big of deal that everyone is making out of Ricky Williams smoking some weed. But since the NFL has come so media friendly and so covered with politics that whatever they decide to make a big deal, it becomes a big deal. You look at the combine, Calvin Johnson, Gaines Adams, and Amobi Okoye all admitted to smoking marijuana. Did it effect their performance, no, but if they were busy dealing with strippers, guns, or trafficking cocaine, I am pretty sure it would. Marijuana is still against the rules, and is wrong if you are an athlete in the NFL, but the way that the media and almost everyone esle in the nation is criticizing Ricky Williams is ALMOST wrong. He broke some rules, but did not break them as severe as how many of current NFL players and former NFL players have, but this guy is getting scrutinized like he is the person that ruined football, yes he broke the rule more than a few times, and yes he needs some direction. He had hall of fame potential but he soiled his career, but people are talking about how he is some kind of piece of trash just because he likes to smoke pot because it calms him down and makes him feel good, which is a proven fact. People just can't write him off as a decent human being, he still is Ricky Williams, and nobody will ever be able to take that away from him, no matter how many drug tests he fails for marijuana.

mustang04
05-12-2007, 03:02 AM
I agree 100%.

youre held to a higher standard cuz you have a REAL job...you actually benefit the economy..(well the NFL does in a sense i guess) but c'mon...a professional athlete is an entertainer...that's all....and i could care less if he smokes weed...if he can juke defensive players outta their socks...I WANNA SEE IT!!!!

LH Panther Mom
05-12-2007, 08:38 AM
Just wondering something, for those of you that feel that it's not a big deal. It's a substance abuse policy, so just for grins, say the substance is steroids or cocaine. Do you still feel the same way? :thinking: :thinking:

smustangs
05-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
youre held to a higher standard cuz you have a REAL job...you actually benefit the economy..(well the NFL does in a sense i guess) but c'mon...a professional athlete is an entertainer...that's all....and i could care less if he smokes weed...if he can juke defensive players outta their socks...I WANNA SEE IT!!!!

i agree reg :clap:

mustang04
05-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Just wondering something, for those of you that feel that it's not a big deal. It's a substance abuse policy, so just for grins, say the substance is steroids or cocaine. Do you still feel the same way? :thinking: :thinking:

with cocaine or steroids in your system...you're way more likely to lose your cool and pretty much be crazy and dangerous.....i see an athlete who does weed on his own time the equivilance of an athlete who smokes cigs on his own time....might now be the best thing for him but oh well.....steroids or cocaine...that's stuff that guys will use to get that extra rage and juice in a game and that, to me, is why that type of stuff is more illegal