PDA

View Full Version : picture of the fish I caught this morning

Gobbla2001
05-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Fish I caught this morning:

www.blah

nope, it's not an error, that red x is the fish I caught this morning...

horrible horrible horrible, got skunked so bad and the water was so perfect...

smustangs
05-11-2007, 12:01 PM
bout like our trip last weekend we caught 2 little large mouths and nothing else and fished all morning. it just hasnt been good fishing around here lately w/ all the rain and weather

Gobbla2001
05-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
bout like our trip last weekend we caught 2 little large mouths and nothing else and fished all morning. it just hasnt been good fishing around here lately w/ all the rain and weather

we got about an inch and a half of rain last night, went out to the bay and the tide was down down down, lowest I have seen it there... the reds were goin' ape-sh** on some kinda bait, dunno if they were chasin' big mullet or what...

then went and found some trout, used a top-water and they were just knockin' it out of the water... guess they wanted to see it do tricks...

smustangs
05-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
we got about an inch and a half of rain last night, went out to the bay and the tide was down down down, lowest I have seen it there... the reds were goin' ape-sh** on some kinda bait, dunno if they were chasin' big mullet or what...

then went and found some trout, used a top-water and they were just knockin' it out of the water... guess they wanted to see it do tricks...

haha last time i went to the bay we used piggies on the trout and caught a cooler full of em'

Gobbla2001
05-11-2007, 12:05 PM
haha last time i went to the bay we used piggies on the trout and caught a cooler full of em'

yah I wish I woulda had some croker and a poppin' cork but I was all artificial today... weren't schooled or anything, just some rogue trout patrollin' the oyster beds... were probably big as all hell too...

smustangs
05-11-2007, 12:08 PM
yah I wish I woulda had some croker and a poppin' cork but I was all artificial today... weren't schooled or anything, just some rogue trout patrollin' the oyster beds... were probably big as all hell too...

the ones we caught wernt huge but they ate just the same, then we hit a school of skip jacks on our way out and used the rest of our bait just messing w/ them after we had caught our limit on trout

Gobbla2001
05-11-2007, 12:10 PM
the ones we caught wernt huge but they ate just the same, then we hit a school of skip jacks on our way out and used the rest of our bait just messing w/ them after we had caught our limit on trout

wish I woulda had a kayak, I woulda found 'em... but I was just wadin'...

smustangs
05-11-2007, 12:11 PM
wish I woulda had a kayak, I woulda found 'em... but I was just wadin'...

ahhh we were in a boat, we also had a big king but he tail whipped and snapped the line about 7' from the boat, then i caught a gaff top sail those arent very good eating

Gobbla2001
05-11-2007, 12:14 PM
my friend doesn't go out in his boat for trout, always go to the same spot for reds... can't blame him though we always tear 'em up there...

so until I get my kayak or my friend wants to catch trout I guess I'll wade fish...

SintonFan
05-11-2007, 12:16 PM
ahhh we were in a boat, we also had a big king but he tail whipped and snapped the line about 7' from the boat, then i caught a gaff top sail those arent very good eating
Some of the best mememories fishing is fightin a gaff top!:clap:

smustangs
05-11-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Some of the best mememories fishing is fightin a gaff top!:clap:

ya they are fun to catch because of the fight but not good for eating

AP Panther Fan
05-11-2007, 12:20 PM
so until I get my kayak or my friend wants to catch trout I guess I'll wade fish...

When are you getting your yak? Did you end up getting a deal that satisfied you?

Gobbla2001
05-11-2007, 12:25 PM
but I did have a audience for a while:

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i601796_p1.jpg

Gobbla2001
05-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
When are you getting your yak? Did you end up getting a deal that satisfied you?

nothing yet... gunna keep lookin' a bit... but I'll be gettin' one soon, stay tuned...

AP Panther Fan
05-11-2007, 12:32 PM
nothing yet... gunna keep lookin' a bit... but I'll be gettin' one soon, stay tuned...

I just talked to Jennifer this morning and asked her if their new ones had come in, but the answer was no. :(

I told her to let me know when they did, who knows, if you haven't found one yet you might want to take a look at the 2 yr old model they will be selling.

I'll stay tuned...:D

Gobbla2001
05-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I just talked to Jennifer this morning and asked her if their new ones had come in, but the answer was no. :(

I told her to let me know when they did, who knows, if you haven't found one yet you might want to take a look at the 2 yr old model they will be selling.

I'll stay tuned...:D

I talked to dean on texaskayakfisherman.com and he said he wouldn't be lettin' those go until december... maybe that's when they are for sure slowed down and have enough downtime to go through everything...

Gobbla2001
05-11-2007, 12:35 PM
actually saw two yakers out there this morning... one real nice ocean kayak it looked like... all rigged out...

AP Panther Fan
05-11-2007, 12:39 PM
actually saw two yakers out there this morning... one real nice ocean kayak it looked like... all rigged out...

perfect weather, we are supposed to have light winds through the weekend....

Sucks for the velocity games in Corpus. :D