PDA

View Full Version : Carthage Baseball

qb12
04-18-2003, 11:05 AM
Carthage Moves to 8-0 in district. Coach Scott Lee is the best coach in High School Baseball. Troy Vaughn belts 2 hrs. Carthage beats Tatum 14-4

qb12
04-18-2003, 11:22 AM
Carthage will win state in Baseball this year and Football next year.

Matthew328
04-18-2003, 11:33 AM
This is exactly why people don't like Carthage...

qb12
04-18-2003, 11:47 AM
For what reason....For knowing what our team will do?

qb12
04-18-2003, 11:50 AM
you would change your mind if i donated money to this website wouldnt you....yeah thought so?

big daddy russ
04-18-2003, 12:02 PM
Carthage is a Region II team, right? Last I checked you were probably going to have to go through Forney, Van, Lindale, Kaufman, Lake Dallas, Gainesville, and (get this) 2A-sized Celina, along with a whole slew of other great teams just to get to the State Tourney. To be the best you have to beat the best, and I can guarantee that Forney's not going to just hand over their RII crown. And then, if you do make it through your Region, you'll have somebody like perennial powerhouse Lorena, ranked first in the state as Texas' ONLY undefeated team regardless of classification; or LaGrange, who has the third-best high school pitcher in the United States of America; or you just might draw the defending state champs, who returned seven of their nine starters from last year including two of the best pitchers in the state, one of which has never lost a high school game in four years as a varsity starter and has already signed to play for the University of Texas, the other of which won last year's State Championship.

And you're gonna tell me that you have a state title locked up this early in the season? Easy now, killer. With a slate like that, I'd be thinking of my next game rather than where I'll be playing in June. I'm not saying that you won't be playing, just that it'll probably be at the little league fields.

qb12
04-18-2003, 12:10 PM
Be playing at the little league fields...yeah ok if u subtract 5 yrs. from my age i might be. I know we have a good team and i thin i would know beacuase ive been in the dugout since i was three. My Dad is the head Varsity Coach. I exaggerate alot on this forum but everybody does alittle bit. I mean if u want to go look up some more stats feel free. I make a little statement and yall want to down me and our school. Yall havent ever seen carthage play. Mosty of yall live way south and west of here and want to say what we have and we dont have but go ahead. WE HAVE A GOOD TEAM> AND WE ARE STATE BOUND!

Billy Boy
04-18-2003, 12:51 PM
qb12:
Be playing at the little league fields...yeah ok if u subtract 5 yrs. from my age i might be. I know we have a good team and i thin i would know beacuase ive been in the dugout since i was three. My Dad is the head Varsity Coach. I exaggerate alot on this forum but everybody does alittle bit. I mean if u want to go look up some more stats feel free. I make a little statement and yall want to down me and our school. Yall havent ever seen carthage play. Mosty of yall live way south and west of here and want to say what we have and we dont have but go ahead. WE HAVE A GOOD TEAM> AND WE ARE STATE BOUND!I'm not far south and west of you. Seen ya'll play, you have so so team that I wouldn't bet all my marbles on. I really don't think ya'll will get out of region II. Make the top 10 in the polls and than we might let you brag a little. :D :D

Old Cardinal
04-18-2003, 10:23 PM
I think you have been hit between the eyes, little Buddy. Everyone knows it takes a GREAT team and a WHOLE lot of luck to win State. To make a statement, even if you are as good as, say, Sinton or Lorena would be challenged, much less Carthage. When you make a few rounds in the playoffs, then everyone will begin to watch your team.

<small>[ April 19, 2003, 04:16 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

FBmania
04-19-2003, 12:24 AM
I seem to remember these same kind of statements from Carthage during football season. qb12 if you read these replies to your posts, you'll see no one is downing your team, just letting you know how silly that type of statement sounds.

ThaRealBulldog
04-19-2003, 09:31 AM
Come on guys, Carthage is good team and has tradition. Undefeated in district and the district is not all cake. We have beat ligit teams like Center and Rusk by 10 runs so whether you see it or not Carthage is a contender.

big daddy russ
04-19-2003, 11:08 AM
Fellas, I'm not knocking the team or the tradition. To go undefeated in district is a tough thing and I'll be the first to congratulate you on doing so, especially when you do it year after year. All I'm saying is that there are plenty of other teams that go undefeated and some of those teams play in tougher districts. When you get to that second season, you have to remember that everyone is there for a reason. You may have a doozy of a game in your first game and get knocked out by the best team in the state by one run. Or you may get a third-place team that really has no business being in the playoffs that just catches a few lucky breaks and moves past you. Teams are there due to either a whole lot of skill or a whole lot of luck (just look at the Anaheim Angels). If a team is clicking, they'll start to catch a whole lot of lucky breaks and that's all it'll take to knock you off. It's cool saying that your teammates are great and you love your team and their chances and that you think you dad is the best head coach in the world... we have no problems with that. When you get to talking about State Titles and talking trash, though, that's a different story. Good luck in the playoffs, and remember to take it game by game. You seem to really have a good squad, but anyone can beat anybody on any given day. Don't overlook anyone.

District303aPastPlayer
04-20-2003, 02:21 AM
Well, if we are going to talk about undefeated district champs, Sinton, the defending state champs, has to be mentioned. Their Ace pitcher, who in some circles is refered to as God hasnt lost a start in 4 years. Their #2 man would be the ace on almost all 3A teams, and their #3 man aint no pushover. 7 of 9 starters.... enough said. Lorena and Sinton in Austin.. match made in baseball heaven.

Oh yeah, the best coach in High School baseball? Does he have over 5 state championships to his name... Coach Gene Kaspryzk has 9 to him, 3 in baseball, and 6 in academics. He is the most respected individual, IMO, at Sinton High School. I personally believe that he is one of the top 5 in Texas High School baseball... now others may dispute that, but remember, i said in my opinion.

<small>[ April 20, 2003, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: District303aPastPlayer ]</small>

qb12
04-20-2003, 02:15 PM
Yeah, he may be the best High School coach in 3A. Let sinton play 4A. That's all yall talk about is sinton or some other Mexican town like Lorena. Open your eyes and look out there get out of the west, before you get bit by a rattlesnake.

ThaRealBulldog
04-20-2003, 07:46 PM
Big Daddy Russ good point, I never cliamed a state championship, its to early to tell. All im sayin is Carthage is a ligit contender and have some guys who played on the 2000 team who went to the state finals in 4a. We will see come playoff time.

Jacket2000
04-20-2003, 08:05 PM
qb12:
Yeah, he may be the best High School coach in 3A. Let sinton play 4A. That's all yall talk about is sinton or some other Mexican town like Lorena. Open your eyes and look out there get out of the west, before you get bit by a rattlesnake.This may be one of the most ignorant posts Ive ever seen. For one, what in the hell does 4a have to do with Sinton? Sinton is a 3a school, they have never been 4a. So, why is that relevant?
Number two, what kinda geography dept can they possibly have in Carthage if you can't even read a map? Sinton is in the Rio Grande Valley,which would be South Texas. Lorena is in the Waco/Temple area, which would be Central Texas. Neither of these teams could even remotely be considered West Texas. So, please, before you open your mouth, look at a map.
Number three, it's not like any of this matters, b/c sooner or later Carthage will face Forney(in baseball and football) and that will be all she wrote, IF they even make it that far.
J2K
ps: I didnt even touch on the "Mexican Town" comment.

sinton66
04-20-2003, 08:29 PM
He probably wears #12 on his uni. Should make a pretty good target for an old-fashioned bean ball. :D :D :D (Mexican town indeed!)

pirate4state
04-20-2003, 08:33 PM
J2K--Sinton is NOT Rio Grande Valley--we are a little further north than that. We are in the Coastal Bend. Thanks, for the back-up, though. :)

Billy Boy
04-20-2003, 10:11 PM
qb12: With your dad being the head varsity coach. Why would you post anything that might hurt his standing in your town? All I know is you got to be the village idiot to post a statement like that.

ThaRealBulldog
04-20-2003, 10:26 PM
Coach Lee is a class act and a very good coach. Do not get the wrong impression

Jacket2000
04-20-2003, 11:03 PM
pirate4state:
J2K--Sinton is NOT Rio Grande Valley--we are a little further north than that. We are in the Coastal Bend. Thanks, for the back-up, though. :) Well, Hell, it's in South Texas, that's close enough for me.
J2K

big daddy russ
04-21-2003, 12:04 AM
Corpus Christi Moody
Corpus Christi Carroll
Corpus Christi Calallen
Robstown
Alice
Odem

Do these schools sound familiar to all you HS Baseball buffs out there?
What do they have in common? That's right, they're all "Mexican Town" baseball teams down here in the Coastal Bend.
What else? Well, aside from the fact that Sinton has played most of the teams on that list, they've all been ranked in the polls at one point or another this season. All are perennial state powerhouses and two of those teams have claimed (if I remember correctly) four of the past 13 State 4A baseball titles while appearing in six championship games. Another of those teams finished the year as the fourth-ranked team in the nation according to the USA Today National baseball poll just a couple of years ago.

Oh, and Mathis cracked the top 25 this week in baseball with a 17-3 record. They're in Sinton's district. Sinton's run-ruled all but one of their district games this year. Yes, this includes Mathis. And no, Mathis isn't a pushover. They belong in the polls.

<small>[ April 21, 2003, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: big daddy russ ]</small>

Matthew328
04-21-2003, 12:47 AM
qb12:
Yeah, he may be the best High School coach in 3A. Let sinton play 4A. That's all yall talk about is sinton or some other Mexican town like Lorena. Open your eyes and look out there get out of the west, before you get bit by a rattlesnake.Wow when I saw this I couldn't stop laughing...I'm not even gonna make fun of this...it would just be too easy..I like a challenge every now and then...

Jacket2000
04-21-2003, 12:49 AM
No fun shootin' a lame duck, is it Matt? :cool: J2K

pirate4state
04-21-2003, 05:57 PM
Jacket2000:

pirate4state:
J2K--Sinton is NOT Rio Grande Valley--we are a little further north than that. We are in the Coastal Bend. Thanks, for the back-up, though. :) Well, Hell, it's in South Texas, that's close enough for me.
J2K:p

sinton66
04-21-2003, 06:00 PM
To be fair, Jacket, Sinton was 4A at the same time Cuero was a few years back. In fact, they were in the same district at the time. 'Course it didn't stay that way for long. Since then, the numbers have changed to where they presently don't need to worry about that. As for qb12's statement, Sinton regularly plays 4a's and 5a's in predistrict and non-district baseball. I don't know what Wylie looks like so far, but the other three from last year's final four sure look like they could be there again.

ThaRealBulldog
04-21-2003, 07:39 PM
I passed by Sinton on the way to South Padre this last spring break.

qb12
04-21-2003, 08:10 PM
Forney has no match to us in baseball. And the 4A comment came in wehre My Father Has coached in 4A all his life. 3A is a huge step down. Its like little leagues compared to 4A. Im not for sure if he has ever coached 4A before(sintons coach) so if he hasnt then i would go nowhere saying hes the best coach in Hgih School.

--------------------------------------------------

Much Love From C-Town

ThaRealBulldog
04-21-2003, 08:17 PM
Hey the playoffs are soon, all you guys can see how good the Carthage Bulldogs really are.

qb12
04-21-2003, 08:22 PM
Im talkin a litle too much trash. I dint realize it until i read over it im sorry to any people i offended. (My dad made me write it)

PPHSfan
04-21-2003, 08:23 PM
qb12:
Forney has no match to us in baseball.............

Much Love From C-TownWow, that is a bold statement in any leaugue.

qb12
04-21-2003, 08:49 PM
Does anybody know anything about Kaufman thats who we think we have in the playoffs.

JRabbit_Fan
04-21-2003, 09:09 PM
Well, since the Jackrabbits are no match for Carthage you shouldn't have any trouble with Kaufman. We no-hit them the first time we played them 4-0. But they have good pitching like we do. Of course that won't be a problem for ya'll unless we get lucky like we did in football.But we wouldn't meet until the region final. I know you won't have a problem getting there but we know there are some very good teams we have to go through to get there. We are going to take it one step at a time. The only thing on our mind right now is beating Kaufman tomorrow for district and we know that won't be easy.
Anyway, Good Luck to the Bulldogs.

qb12
04-21-2003, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the info Rabbit. Hey you're the only one ive heard ever admit that yall lucky in the football game. Everyone else was like we had it from the begginning and crap. Thanks for you honesty.

----------------------------------------------------
Much love fr C-Town

JRabbit_Fan
04-21-2003, 10:02 PM
I was being a little sarcastic but......Just for your information a great football coach once said the definition of luck is great preparation and cicumstances coming together at the right time.
One other thought on that football game is that the players never doubted they were going to win. The QB made some some great moves to keep that drive alive. That wasn't luck that was desire and belief in yourself and your team mates. I really felt sorry for most of the Carthage players and fans but there were a couple who kept running their mouths on several message boards. You would think people would learn from the past. Eveyone knows that Carthage has a great baseball tradition but the only thing that trash talking gets you is a place on the bulletin board. And it does get placed.
Just let your play on the field speak for itself. The cream will rise to the top.

Jacket2000
04-21-2003, 10:59 PM
qb12:
3A is a huge step down. Its like little leagues compared to 4A.

Much Love From C-TownSo, if Carthage doesnt win a state championship, or even loses to a 3a team, then we can all assume that Carthage is worse than a little league team?
J2K

District303aPastPlayer
04-21-2003, 11:51 PM
Jacket, i like your reasoning. and QB22049324032 or whatever your ID is... i believe that Sinton has been Coach Ks only stop, but what a stop it has been. 3 State baseball titles, and maybe a 4th coming... not to shabby. QB dude... take a look at Sintons predistrict schedule, then look at their record (I dont know it off hand)... they are a powerhouse at their level, and could probably be considered one at any of the state levels. And to say that 4A is a step down... ask Calallen about playing these scrappy 3A teams... I will bet they will give them their due.

big daddy russ
04-22-2003, 12:25 PM
District303aPastPlayer:
Jacket, i like your reasoning. and QB22049324032 or whatever your ID is... i believe that Sinton has been Coach Ks only stop, but what a stop it has been. 3 State baseball titles, and maybe a 4th coming... not to shabby. QB dude... take a look at Sintons predistrict schedule, then look at their record (I dont know it off hand)... they are a powerhouse at their level, and could probably be considered one at any of the state levels. And to say that 4A is a step down... ask Calallen about playing these scrappy 3A teams... I will bet they will give them their due.I think Sinton's 20-4 as of today, with a big game against second-place Mathis slated for tonight...

And yeah, Calallen's (25-2-1, 10-1 district) a real good squad. They were ranked first in the state in 4A until this past week when they were upset by archrival Gregory-Portland, 6-5. Their two State Finals and one State Title in the the past three years ain't too bad at all. I don't remember what happened in that non-district game between the preseason 3A #1 and the preseason 4A #1, but I'm pretty sure both teams still had kids out in the basketball playoffs at that time. I know Sinton went pretty deep in roundball and I think Calallen made a nice little run, too.

Oh and qb12... apology accepted. Good luck in the playoffs. Kaufman's tough (real tough), but nobody's unbeatable. Looks like it's going to be a good first-round match.

qb12
04-22-2003, 04:13 PM
Jacket no one said anything about us losing or not winning state being worse than alittle league team. I said it is a huge step down. It was a simile not a factual statement. Im just saying the competition is much harder than that of 3A. I said i bet coach k would not have that great of a record if they would have been 4A like Carthage was so many years.

pirate4state
04-22-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ:
I don't remember what happened in that non-district game between the preseason 3A #1 and the preseason 4A #1

FYI: It was cancelled due to weather.

<small>[ April 22, 2003, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: pirate4state ]</small>

Jacket2000
04-22-2003, 09:39 PM
qb12:
It was a simile not a factual statement. Im just saying the competition is much harder than that of 3A. I said i bet coach k would not have that great of a record if they would have been 4A like Carthage was so many years.Then maybe you should refrain from using hyperbole.
But, that still doesnt explain why if Carthage is such a great program, and 4a is soooo much harder than 3a, then why arent they undefeated against 3a competition?
J2K

<small>[ April 22, 2003, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Jacket2000 ]</small>

qb12
04-22-2003, 09:43 PM
You know like i know even good teams get beat too. You cant win them all.

ThaRealBulldog
04-22-2003, 09:47 PM
Jacket, I bet Carthage has thrown Ennis a beating or 2 in baseball over the years.

<small>[ April 22, 2003, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: ThaRealBulldog ]</small>

big daddy russ
04-22-2003, 09:51 PM
pirate4state:
Originally posted by big daddy russ:
I don't remember what happened in that non-district game between the preseason 3A #1 and the preseason 4A #1

FYI: It was cancelled due to weather.Thanks, Pirate... I had wondered about that.

Jacket2000
04-22-2003, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I know, but like, you know,Carthage is, like, not nearly as good as you think. They're more, like, mediocre, you know, like about as good as an average 3a team.
J2K

Jacket2000
04-22-2003, 09:53 PM
ThaRealBulldog:
Jacket, I bet Carthage has thrown Ennis a beating or 2 in baseball over the years.Could be. No one's ever called Ennis a baseball power.
J2K

qb12
04-22-2003, 10:18 PM
So why dont u back up oyur hometown team? You always want to take sides.

Jacket2000
04-23-2003, 12:10 AM
I dont take sides, I just dont like idiots. Besides, in case you couldnt figure it out on your own(which wouldn't suprise me if you didnt), Ennis folks dont care a whole lot about baseball. There's another sport that gets most of the attention here in Ellis County.
J2K

kaorder1999
04-23-2003, 12:12 AM
true....ennis did though beat forney this year in baseball!

sinton66
04-23-2003, 06:57 AM
Qb12, I don't know your dad, he may well be a great coach. I do know Gene Kasprzyk though. He is such a quality individual that he would be as successful at any level as he is at Sinton. He has had many opportunities to go elsewhere and has elected to stay in Sinton(fortunately for us). He likes what he's doing, and he is very good at it. I can also tell you that any of the kids who have played under him will tell you the same things I have said. The only thing the Sinton folks on here are saying is that his record speaks for itself. Obviously, We all think the world of him.

ThaRealBulldog
04-23-2003, 06:39 PM
Carthage 6 Center 2, and Carthage has a bye in the first round of playoffs. The warm up game is agaisnt Elysian Fields.

<small>[ April 23, 2003, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: ThaRealBulldog ]</small>

qb12
04-23-2003, 09:26 PM
whats this Sinton Coach's Record?

c-town
04-24-2003, 09:58 PM
Carthage is going to need a warm-up game before the playoffs. Forney might be a pretty good warm-up.

ThaRealBulldog
04-24-2003, 10:47 PM
Carthage has New Diana tomorow and Elysian Fields Tuesday for warm up games.

sinton66
04-24-2003, 10:55 PM
qb12:
whats this Sinton Coach's Record?How about the most State Championships in 3A? (3). I don't remember a year that Sinton did not qualify for the playoffs in baseball since Coach K came there.

District303aPastPlayer
04-25-2003, 12:40 AM
i think they have missed the playoffs once since he was there... i THINK... not sure...

c-town
04-25-2003, 02:47 PM
The question was what is his record...

turbostud
04-25-2003, 08:12 PM
These Carthage guys are sounding like "Baghdad Bob". Full of BS. Do you realize you may end up playing the 8th ranked team in the state in the area round?

ThaRealBulldog
04-25-2003, 11:13 PM
I think we will be ight Turbo

c-town
04-27-2003, 05:53 PM
Who do you think we will be playing, Turbo, Kaufman or Forney. Either way I think we will give them a heck of a run.

sinton66
04-28-2003, 12:41 PM
c-town:
The question was what is his record...According to an article in the Corpus paper at the end of last season, his record was 332-158 in 16 seasons at Sinton. Add the present season record of 20-4 and it improves to 352-162. He has had only two losing seasons(although I don't remember either of them), and has amassed three state championships. Last year, he suspended eight players from a fairly young team that only returned five starters, focused the remaining members on baseball, reeled off 24 consecutive victories and a state championship. This year he returns seven starters, all of the big bats and all three pitchers. Does that answer the question, or were you looking for something different?

see: http://www.caller.com/ccct/high_school_sports/article/0,1641,CCCT_821_1225972,00.html

<small>[ April 28, 2003, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Phil C
04-28-2003, 01:41 PM
Sinton 66 he has also helped coach the Sinton High School Academic Decathon Team several times the past years and at least twice he was doing it when they won state maybe three times.

sinton66
04-28-2003, 03:52 PM
It was three times, Phil. He was coaching when Sinton won all three State Championships in Academic Decathelon, and they placed second three more times. They have a picture of this on the district website. Amazingly enough, when I requested this info, he had to refer me to the article in the paper, as he doesn't even keep up with stuff like this himself. Gene is an amazing guy, and Sinton is very fortunate to have him call our little berg home.

pirate4state
04-28-2003, 04:06 PM
Sinton66, check your PM. Thanks.

spaniard
04-28-2003, 04:14 PM
qb12, before you say anything else that is totally and ridiculously retarded or racist, think this thought and do this action:

open mouth, insert FOOT!!! :rolleyes:

good job, now, try to type, i think itll be more enjoyable to see this:

afsalkjtiatheoid ;lktja;tijhoihdhoenoin oieowtioijh

than some of the junk youve been typing before, and since you really didnt mean the apology you gave before, since your dad made you type it, dont expect one from me :D , and yes i know our baseball team stinks, if we got a good coach that wouldnt be a problem, we have the talent, just not the direction

<small>[ April 28, 2003, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: spaniard ]</small>

ThaRealBulldog
04-28-2003, 04:43 PM
Hey dude, Jacket kicked QB12 off, he should be let back on 4sure tho. He is just a fan supporting his team.

c-town
04-28-2003, 04:44 PM
Thats what we wanted to know. Coach Lee, is 418-136 in twenty years as the Carthage Head Coach. We have failed to make the playoffs one time and have had one losing season, during that span. So I guess you could argue either way, but we still think he is the best.

c-town
04-28-2003, 04:46 PM
Jacket, q12 still wants to know why you kicked him off. Just cause he disagreed with you.

ThaRealBulldog
04-28-2003, 04:51 PM
Coach Lee is defiently the best coach, these 3a boys just don't know yet. Carthage is gunna wreck shop in the playoffs.

sinton66
04-28-2003, 05:44 PM
ThaRealBulldog:
Coach Lee is defiently the best coach, these 3a boys just don't know yet. Carthage is gunna wreck shop in the playoffs.You guys were 3A last year too, weren't you? What happened then?

c-town
04-28-2003, 06:41 PM
No comment on the record or who is the best coach, phil c or sinton 66.

Jacket2000
04-28-2003, 07:51 PM
c-town:
Jacket, q12 still wants to know why you kicked him off. Just cause he disagreed with you.I didnt kick him off. Hell, everyone here knows that when I kick someone off, I announce it.
But, if I did, I wouldnt let him back on just b/c you said I should.
J2K

ThaRealBulldog
04-28-2003, 08:06 PM
No sinton we were 4a last year.

ThaRealBulldog
04-28-2003, 08:08 PM
Well somebody kicked him off, whoever did it I think qb12 should be allowed back.

sinton66
04-28-2003, 08:16 PM
Guys, when these folks kick someone off, they post a :"XXX is ROM" topic on the topic page. I haven't seen one of those on qb12. Have him email Jacket or Matthew with the details, they should be able to help.

qb12
04-28-2003, 08:55 PM
Ok, i think it works now but it had said that my ip or something has been banned from this site so i dunno? But, no we werent 3A last year.

sinton66
04-28-2003, 09:32 PM
How far did yall get in the 4A playoffs?

qb12
04-28-2003, 09:44 PM
we didnt get anywhere because we werent any good

ThaRealBulldog
04-28-2003, 09:57 PM
lol true

qb12
04-29-2003, 07:36 PM
We played elysian fields for a warm up game tonight and one 7-3....not the best performance at all. troy vaughn goes deep again.

PPHSfan
04-29-2003, 08:22 PM
Somebody needs to learn how to spell won before they say they won. :D

qb12
04-29-2003, 08:25 PM
somebody needs to quit being and A-hole. Dont worry how i spell. Now get that Gramatically correct.

ThaRealBulldog
04-29-2003, 08:27 PM
lol

PPHSfan
04-29-2003, 08:28 PM
LOL :p

qb12
04-29-2003, 09:55 PM
Well sherman might be getting some time, but as for me i think i might see most of my sophomore varsity year on the bench.