PDA

View Full Version : Now I am confused....imagine that!!

Ranger Mom
05-10-2007, 11:56 AM
What is the difference between a hispanic, a mexican, a latino or a spaniard???:confused: :confused:

Old Tiger
05-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
What is the difference between a hispanic, a mexican, a latino or a spaniard???:confused: :confused: A mexican is from mexico.

A hispanic is a US born citizen

A spaniard is from Spain.

A latino is ______?

Adidas410s
05-10-2007, 12:00 PM
you forgot mexican-american. :nerd:

A Spainard is from Spain...a Mexican from Mexico...an Argentine from Argentina...etc

they (anybody native to those countries) are all latinos though...like we (you and I) are caucassians and/or anglo-saxons...even if I was from Scotland and you were from Germany.

Adidas410s
05-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
A mexican is from mexico.

A hispanic is a US born citizen

A spaniard is from Spain.

A latino is ______?

I'm pretty sure that hispanic and latino are similar. Being hispanic has nothing to do with being US born. Hispanic simply refers to your native language (spanish) while latino refers more towards their culture and the orgin (latin) of their language.

Old Tiger
05-10-2007, 12:02 PM
We could do the racist thing and say they're all the same:confused:

DDBooger
05-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
We could do the racist thing and say they're all the same:confused: nobody has it worse then the asians, scientific name Mongoloids!:o there is caucasoids, australoids and don't remember the others but that 1st one stood out! lol had a uncle who called us that when we got rowdy as children! lmao not PC but only later did i realize it was a actual name

Old Tiger
05-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
nobody has it worse then the asians, scientific name Mongoloids!:o there is caucasoids, australoids and don't remember the others but that 1st one stood out! lol had a uncle who called us that when we got rowdy as children! lmao not PC but only later did i realize it was a actual name You better not slip up with Asians and call a Chinese person Japanese they get PO'ed

Ranger Mom
05-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
you forgot mexican-american. :nerd:

A Spainard is from Spain...a Mexican from Mexico...an Argentine from Argentina...etc

they (anybody native to those countries) are all latinos though...like we (you and I) are caucassians and/or anglo-saxons...even if I was from Scotland and you were from Germany.

Actually....I WAS born in Germany!! :D

Adidas410s
05-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Actually....I WAS born in Germany!! :D

haha...im good even when I'm not trying to be! :D

pirate4state
05-10-2007, 01:17 PM
ALL labels are idiotic! I detest them all!!!! BUT I understand everyone likes to place labels on people, so if you must I am an AMERICAN! Thanks!

BUT I will whip out the "mexican" card when I gotta slap Casey around! :D :D :D

Fotbol
05-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
ALL labels are idiotic! I detest them all!!!! BUT I understand everyone likes to place labels on people, so if you must I am an AMERICAN! Thanks!

BUT I will whip out the "mexican" card when I gotta slap Casey around! :D :D :D I Puerto Rican (I pour tha Rican)
I pour the Rum, I pour tha gin, I pour the Tiquilla, hell I pour everything!

44INAROW
05-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

BUT I will whip out the "mexican" card when I gotta slap Casey around! :D :D :D
lol...... more people need a sense of humor like this!

Fotbol
05-10-2007, 01:23 PM
So let me get this straight, My mohter side of the Family is Cajun, or Creole, French Well their from Louisiana last named Boudreaux
My father is of Indian Decent so I'm not black, i'm French Indian, sounds like a blue bell flavor:confused: