05-10-2007, 10:29 AM
shocking news indeed!!! :eek:

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=2&id=2866102

Old Tiger
05-10-2007, 10:30 AM
you win some you lose some.

Wiley Rob
05-10-2007, 10:47 AM
I may be completely out of line on this one but his dad started the company for his children. In my opinion Teresa needs to take a step back and hand over most of the reins.

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-10-2007, 11:13 AM
I thought she did already, didn't they make a big deal outta him getting 51%?

Keith7
05-10-2007, 11:20 AM
ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz

Gp83
05-10-2007, 11:31 AM
News conference

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm

dogdad
05-10-2007, 11:39 AM
shake and bake!!!!!

CHS_CG
05-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Wiley Rob
I may be completely out of line on this one but his dad started the company for his children. In my opinion Teresa needs to take a step back and hand over most of the reins.

i am a huge nascar fan and that is my exact stand on things. Teresa may have been his wife but this was for his KIDS and she has NO right to over take it

Adidas410s
05-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I thought she did already, didn't they make a big deal outta him getting 51%?
no...Dale Jr wanted 51% of the company...never got it though.

44INAROW
05-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz

I hear you!

CHS_CG
05-10-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I hear you!

if you two dont like the thread why open it and read it... its like the thread you posted earlier 44 if you dont like golf dont read.. well if u dont like nascar dont read!

Old Tiger
05-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
if you two dont like the thread why open it and read it... its like the thread you posted earlier 44 if you dont like golf dont read.. well if u dont like nascar dont read! fiesty little sucker are we?

44INAROW
05-10-2007, 12:06 PM
if you two dont like the thread why open it and read it... its like the thread you posted earlier 44 if you dont like golf dont read.. well if u dont like nascar dont read!
nevermind - some things aren't worth my time -

44INAROW
05-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
fiesty little sucker are we? sucker isn't the word I was thinking

Old Tiger
05-10-2007, 12:11 PM
sucker isn't the word I was thinking :eek: :eek: :devil: funny stuff 44

CHS_CG
05-10-2007, 12:11 PM
sucker isn't the word I was thinking

call me whatever you want but i was simply makin the same point you were makin.

44INAROW
05-10-2007, 12:12 PM
mine was done IN JEST - for you, that means making a joke - you WERE NOT - whatever -

Keith7
05-10-2007, 12:13 PM

I didn't read it, I only opened it to so I could post my "Zz's"..

Old Tiger
05-10-2007, 12:17 PM
mine was done IN JEST - for you, that means making a joke - you WERE NOT - whatever - GIRL FIGHT ATTENTION EVERYONE THERE IS A GIRL FIGHT!

STUFF IS GOING DOWN!

LH Panther Mom
05-10-2007, 12:18 PM
http://www.tail-waggers.com/images/dogs/toys/chill_pill.jpg

;)

Adidas410s
05-10-2007, 12:49 PM
nevermind - some things aren't worth my time -

Do you think that I think I know what you were thinking? ;);)

Maroon87
05-10-2007, 12:56 PM
I never thought I'd see the day that Junior would leave DEI. This will make the bidding war for Roger Clemens look like a board game.:eek:

CHS_CG
05-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I never thought I'd see the day that Junior would leave DEI. This will make the bidding war for Roger Clemens look like a board game.:eek:

yeah it will be huge... cant wait to see how it ends..

Maroon87
05-10-2007, 01:02 PM
yeah it will be huge... cant wait to see how it ends..

Probably with Childress rolling out the black 3 and slapping Bud logos on it.:thinking:

Seriously...could this end any other way?

CHS_CG
05-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Probably with Childress rolling out the black 3 and slapping Bud logos on it.:thinking:

That would be an awesome car. I have a few collectable cars but that would be one i def. had to get!

Adidas410s
05-10-2007, 01:10 PM

I'm figuring he goes to Childress for about $30 mil/yr (he's making low $20s right now). The 3 car is an option but the sponsorship thing could get tricky. Maybe this is the real reason that Bud launched their select beer in these colors:

http://www.nautiboats.com/images/BudSelect.jpg

Maroon87
05-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I'm figuring he goes to Childress for about $30 mil/yr (he's making low $20s right now). The 3 car is an option but the sponsorship thing could get tricky. Maybe this is the real reason that Bud launched their select beer in these colors:

http://www.nautiboats.com/images/BudSelect.jpg

Funny...as soon as I saw an ad for that beer a few years ago, that's one of the first things I thought of.

carter08
05-10-2007, 03:55 PM
RCR would be a good team, but I can't see them going to 4 cars. they need to keep Harvick and Bowyer, so it looks like, once again, Jeff Burton may be leaving a good situation with no direction as to what his future will hold.

JR will start a team, Truex will leave DEI and go run for it, and they will expand to 2 cars in 2009 with Shane Huffman driving.

Or Jr. can go somewhere else

Macarthur
05-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
shake and bake!!!!!

LOL!

Did that blow your mind, because that just happened.

Old Tiger
05-10-2007, 04:20 PM
How has Jr. finished in the Nextel Cup standings the past couple of years?

Macarthur
05-10-2007, 04:33 PM
How has Jr. finished in the Nextel Cup standings the past couple of years?

That's a good question. I will admit I don't follow NASCAR real closely, but isn't Jr a bit overrated as a driver?

Old Tiger
05-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
That's a good question. I will admit I don't follow NASCAR real closely, but isn't Jr a bit overrated as a driver? From what I have heard he has been let down by his crew.

Bull Butter
05-10-2007, 05:00 PM
I would like to see him end up at Hendrick. I know it won't happen but it would be entertaining to see the fans reaction to him and Gordon being teammates:D

D_bird
05-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Well, you could see this coming if you have been following it closely. Junior will wind up with either RCR, JGR, or his own team JR Motorsports. He will not wind up with Hendrick, because that team already has 4 teams and all the drivers are signed to long term contracts.

As for the people saying nascar is boring and that stuff. Thats ok with me. Some people like nascar, some don't. Thats just the way life is.

I have a lot of respect for the bigtime posters on this site such as 44inarow and others from 3 or 4 years of lurking and a couple of years of making a post here or there.

Hupernikomen
05-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
That's a good question. I will admit I don't follow NASCAR real closely, but isn't Jr a bit overrated as a driver?

Junior should have won the championship 3 seasons ago when they started the chase.
2 seasons ago he stunk it up
last season he finished around 5th I believe.

He isn't overrated. I haven't heard any serious nascar fan claiming him to be the greatest driver. He is one of the best, but certainly a step behind Stewart, Gordon, and Johnson. IMO.

He is the favorite driver among Nascar fans, more because of his family name than his track performance to date. Certainly he has lived up more to the name than Petty's son.

Emerson1
05-10-2007, 08:07 PM
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/627/boringnascargb6.jpg

:D

CHS_CG
05-11-2007, 08:00 AM
From what I have heard he has been let down by his crew.

he had a lot of his family and people he was really close with on his crew... and the pressure was just to much.. didnt wanna risk losing people over him being upset about one thing or another so he got a new crew 2 years ago, first year it sucked big time! Last year things started to click and Jr finished 5th in points.

I would love to see him at RCR because they have a good relationship... a new 3 car with Jr driving would be A-MAZING and I think he could do alot. I DO NOT want him to join Hendricks bc I HATE JEFF GORDAN ever since he started hes just got this thing about him that annoys me to no end. I would hate to have to watch Jr be teammates with him! RCR would probably also be the best move for him. If he starts is own team that would be awesome(no doubt) but it would put a lot more stress than he already has on him and I am not sure he would be completely focused on racing, but like I said I think he could probably do it, as long as he doesnt have a start like Michael Waltrip did this year!

Old Tiger
05-11-2007, 08:14 AM
I'll take Kahne as a driver over Jr. anyday

themsu97
05-11-2007, 08:15 AM
Jr is a very good driver and one of my faves... but truly he has not been the same since his dad died...imo...
I don't see him with Hendricks... eventhoughit would be a good fit but I would see Gordon and Johnson blocking that... Childress would be great but I doubt the #3 would be his car #... I would love for him to join Roush racing but I doubt that too... he will get paid... favorite of all time... either Mark Martin or Davey Allison...

Curly
05-11-2007, 08:25 AM
THEIR MAKING ANOTHER LEFT TURN!!!!!!!!!

sinfan75
05-11-2007, 12:41 PM
I think JGR is going to have the inside track. Stewart, Hamlin and Jr. are real good friends. I think he's a darn good driver. It just seems that lately when he's gets in the lead or is in the top 5 his pit crew seems to let him down. Plus he's had some bad luck getting caught in some wrecks that shouldn't have happened.

Bull Butter
05-11-2007, 01:18 PM
I think Junior would be an excellent fit at Gibbs Racing

Bull19
05-16-2007, 12:32 AM
HOW ARE NASCAR DRIVERS CONSIDERD ATHLETES WHEN ALL THEY DO IS DRIVE CARS??????

SO DOES THAT MEAN THAT THE 400 POUND OVERWEIGHT GUY DRIVING A BIG TRUCK DOWN THE HIGHWAY QUALIFIES AS AN ATHLETE?

CHS_CG
05-16-2007, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
HOW ARE NASCAR DRIVERS CONSIDERD ATHLETES WHEN ALL THEY DO IS DRIVE CARS??????

SO DOES THAT MEAN THAT THE 400 POUND OVERWEIGHT GUY DRIVING A BIG TRUCK DOWN THE HIGHWAY QUALIFIES AS AN ATHLETE?

ok lets see you get in a hot ass car in tons of gear and keep your stamina up while driving a 1/2mile, 1 mile or a 1 1/2 mile track for anywhere from 2-4 hours. There are many people that agree Nascar may look like all left hand turns on some different length tracks but i bet your ass 80% of people on this board couldnt do it.

Bull19
05-16-2007, 08:54 AM
nascar is plain white trash

CHS_CG
05-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
nascar is plain white trash

thats your opinon but I can tell you I love nascar always have and always will and I am any thing but white trash and the people who have met me know that.