PDA

View Full Version : Better get them now for 2030 and PULL out the GREEN SLC Green that is

burnet44
05-10-2007, 08:47 AM
Fans line up for Southlake Carroll tickets

03:11 AM CDT on Wednesday, May 9, 2007
By JIM DOUGLAS / WFAA-TV

SOUTHLAKE – By the time the birds awoke, the Dragons fans had been up for hours.

ERICH SCHLEGEL/DMN
Some of those in line had kids in pre-school. "We got out here around 12:30 a.m.," said one fan.

They camped out in a storm hoping for a chance to spend a small fortune on seaon tickets for high school football.

"There's only four home games this year. So you're paying $600 for four games."

Actually it's a little more than that.

But this is Southlake Carroll - three-time national champs, state champs four out of five years.

You want season tickets, roll up your sleeves.

Demand is so high, they will pay $90 just for a license, a permit giving them the right to buy tickets for the next three years.

They can renew the license forever, but if they forget, then they are forced to buy another one.

"I came back on the day after, hoping for a little grace, but there was none. So I'm back in line," said a fan.

Many of these fans are trying to get season tickets now because they're afraid they won't be able to get them when their kids finally get to high school.

"My son's only going to be in seventh grade," said one.

"I have one that's in second grade," said another.

The kids of one fan are in pre-school.

The door is just about to open, but the sad fact is, if you want season tickets to Soutlake Carroll it's almost like someone has to move away or die. There are only 92 available this season. Most of these people won't get one.

Tickets finally went on sale at 8 a.m., and out came the checkbooks.

Paying $660 for high school football may seem steep, but some say it's about a lot more than that.

"It's about community and supporting the kids. Small town at its best," said a fan.

BullFrog Dad
05-10-2007, 09:02 AM
$660 for four HS games or $500/$690 for two different 10 game packages(seating locations) of the Dallas Cowboys. Talk about a no-brainer!

Adidas410s
05-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
$660 for four HS games or $500/$690 for two different 10 game packages(seating locations) of the Dallas Cowboys. Talk about a no-brainer!

Don't forget the $35-50 parking/game for the Cows though :(

burnet44
05-10-2007, 09:29 AM
SLC is better lol