PDA

View Full Version : 3A Region 1

Gsquared
05-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Who are the top two teams gonna be this year coming out of this region? Looks wide open

Adidas410s
05-10-2007, 08:12 AM
I'll say Snyder and Graham...after that it's really wide open though.

Gsquared
05-10-2007, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I'll say Snyder and Graham...after that it's really wide open though.
If Graham can generate more offense than when I saw them against Sanger, they will be really tough to beat. They had a really really good defense. They were pretty young on the O side of the ball werent they?

Adidas410s
05-10-2007, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
If Graham can generate more offense than when I saw them against Sanger, they will be really tough to beat. They had a really really good defense. They were pretty young on the O side of the ball werent they?

Yeah they are returning just about everybody on both sides of the ball. They do lose 2 of their top 3 receivers and a starting linemen that went both ways...but that's about it. They return their QB, their stud FB/LB, and the receiver that was a junior that was 6'4" range. Giving Case McCoy another year of growing and maturity in that system should yield some big time results this fall.

Ranger Mom
05-10-2007, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Yeah they are returning just about everybody on both sides of the ball. They do lose 2 of their top 3 receivers and a starting linemen that went both ways...but that's about it. They return their QB, their stud FB/LB, and the receiver that was a junior that was 6'4" range. Giving Case McCoy another year of growing and maturity in that system should yield some big time results this fall.

And we have them first game of the season!:(

I wonder if that game will be played in Abilene again?

Adidas410s
05-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
And we have them first game of the season!:(

I wonder if that game will be played in Abilene again?

You would think they would play it in Abilene again for travel purposes...

HAN SING
05-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Hoss think Lamesa is sleeper in region. Little Joe laugh at Hoss and say Lamesa is not asleep. He say they in Coma. Hoss hear in Reno hardware that Borger going to be ok this year. Canyon a little down from last year. Sweetwater, well...:rolleyes: that is huge question.

EagleFan1997
05-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by HAN SING
Hoss think Lamesa is sleeper in region. Little Joe laugh at Hoss and say Lamesa is not asleep. He say they in Coma. Hoss hear in Reno hardware that Borger going to be ok this year. Canyon a little down from last year. Sweetwater, well...:rolleyes: that is huge question.

I don't know about Lamesa but I still think Canyon will do like they have done the last 3 years. ROLL through there schedule. Yeah Borger could be there again MAYBE. Perryton well lets just say they are there and Dalhart What About Dalhat. Maybe. Any four of these teams could be the sleeper. And if what I have about Sweetwater's coach coming to Panhandle then like HAN SING said Well that is a HUGE QUESTION that is true

Black_Magic
05-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Listen Han Sung, you tell Little Joe and Hoss that they need to stick to the things they know about apple pie and Killing Indians. Leave Football to experts.

goldentor
05-10-2007, 02:54 PM
Hoss may be on to something, Lamesa will be better....

Ranger Mom
05-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by goldentor
Hoss may be on to something, Lamesa will be better....

I'm just glad we play in Greenwood this year......yalls bleachers kicked my @$$!!!

:D :D

sectionCwannabe
05-10-2007, 03:09 PM
1. Snyder
2. Canyon
3. Graham

i know its says 2 but had to put 3 in there.

I wouldnt rule out Sweetwater so quick like many are doing, if #10 is used like he should be, we could see a nice run. we shall see.

mustang04
05-10-2007, 03:53 PM
i see the first few games rough for sweetwater....but there is alot of unseen potential there and i bet by the time district rolls around they might just be a little salty

Old Tiger
05-10-2007, 03:55 PM
lol @ region 1

Ranger Mom
05-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
lol @ region 1

:(

mustang04
lol @ region 1

ummm..how about LOL at your senior season kid...what was yalls record????

Ranger Mom
Originally posted by mustang04
ummm..how about LOL at your senior season kid...what was yalls record????

OUCH!!

Old Tiger
05-10-2007, 03:59 PM
ummm..how about LOL at your senior season kid...what was yalls record???? My senior season was good. As a team it wasn't so. But hey Hutto went to state cameron went 3 rounds deep and so did Giddings.

mustang04
05-10-2007, 04:00 PM
My senior season was good. As a team it wasn't so.
aight then....shut it

mustang04
05-10-2007, 04:00 PM
My senior season was good. As a team it wasn't so. But hey Hutto went to state cameron went 3 rounds deep and so did Giddings.

don't matter....what was yall's record??????

KTA
05-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Grahams returning 9 on offense and 6 (7 depending on how you look at it) on defense

Gsquared
05-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Might have to come out and see Grahm again then.

thewyliefan
05-10-2007, 05:50 PM
if anyone leaves wylie out any year they are fooling themselves. not because im pro wylie, but because its true. there are years where people think they will be nothing and they end up winning state like about 3 years ago. so im giong to have to say wylie will be up there but also snyder. snyder looks like they will wreck on some teams next year.

Matthew328
05-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Snyder is the team to beat IMO...

Graham will be very good as well...

Canyon lost a ton....can they rebuild??

Sweetwater...see Canyon

Abilene Wylie..graduated a ton..but when do they not?

Borger..much improved...keep an eye on em

Watch out for WF Hirschi...they have some athletes...Coach Searcy has turned that thing around quick and the athletes are back at HHS...they can be scary because WFISD has open enrollment so any kid who lives in the district can go there....Hirschi is my sleeper team this year

BILLYFRED0000
05-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
if anyone leaves wylie out any year they are fooling themselves. not because im pro wylie, but because its true. there are years where people think they will be nothing and they end up winning state like about 3 years ago. so im giong to have to say wylie will be up there but also snyder. snyder looks like they will wreck on some teams next year.

This was my thought. Wylie will be there. Just who else?
In REgion 2 Celina will be there and who else? Abilene Wylie will be good again no doubt about that. I still like Midland Greenwood
too. But I think the stangs will be down and Snyder while good won't be as good as last year.

I am not sure how good Vernon will be this year after losing Whiteside. He was a one man wrecking crew.

BILLYFRED0000
05-10-2007, 11:23 PM
And oh BTW, anybody remember Decatur.........

sectionCwannabe
05-10-2007, 11:33 PM
I'd like to see Dalhart get on a good roll again this year. They had a standout season.

smustangs
05-11-2007, 12:17 AM
My senior season was good. As a team it wasn't so. But hey Hutto went to state cameron went 3 rounds deep and so did Giddings.

my senior year wylie won state and we played snyder in the 4th round so does that mean clyde and merkel have the same argument?

Matthew328
05-11-2007, 06:58 AM
Decatur's year in and year out playoff disappointments have me soured on them...they gotta show they can win big games before they can be considered an elite team...

Region 2 is very strong in Division 1...Liberty-Eylau, Gilmer, Royse City, Kennedale...Division 2 after Celina the pickings are slim....keep an eye on Gladewater and Van...

Gsquared
05-11-2007, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
This was my thought. Wylie will be there. Just who else?
In REgion 2 Celina will be there and who else? Abilene Wylie will be good again no doubt about that. I still like Midland Greenwood
too. But I think the stangs will be down and Snyder while good won't be as good as last year.

I am not sure how good Vernon will be this year after losing Whiteside. He was a one man wrecking crew.
Billy, Celina will be D2 though.

Gsquared
05-11-2007, 07:06 AM
Saw Van last year, that back is pretty darn good but the O Line looked like a JV line. They gotta get help with that or its going to be an 11 or 12 game season at most.

Black_Magic
05-11-2007, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Snyder is the team to beat IMO...

Graham will be very good as well...

Canyon lost a ton....can they rebuild??

Sweetwater...see Canyon

Abilene Wylie..graduated a ton..but when do they not?

Borger..much improved...keep an eye on em

Watch out for WF Hirschi...they have some athletes...Coach Searcy has turned that thing around quick and the athletes are back at HHS...they can be scary because WFISD has open enrollment so any kid who lives in the district can go there....Hirschi is my sleeper team this year So you think Borger will finish 1st or 2nd in that district?

Black_Magic
05-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Presidio! Will they ever field a team?

Gsquared
05-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Presidio! Will they ever field a team?
Arent they like the Red Ants or somethin like that?

Matthew328
05-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Progresso is the Red Ants....they are in the valley...not sure of Presidio's mascot off the top of my head...

And yes I think Borger takes 2nd in 5-3A

football4life
05-11-2007, 09:17 PM
canyon will be young this year, but the incoming sophomores are very talented, have never lost a game in their 3 years together. (which doesn't mean anything) probably have several sophomores seeing significant playing time, which is pretty unusual here. i will say pre-district will be up and down, dominate the district, and maybe make another surprise run.

Who-dun-it!!?
05-11-2007, 09:23 PM
ummm..how about LOL at your senior season kid...what was yalls record???? :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Who-dun-it!!?
05-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by thewyliefan

I think you have a point there

thewyliefan
05-12-2007, 01:11 AM
oo yea who ever it was that said wylie was graduating a ton, they are, just not a ton of starters. i think the team returns 11 total starters.

loboes86
05-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Presidio! Will they ever field a team? I doubt it they were tired of being beat all the time and having to travel so far. The kids lost interest in football. School system shut the program down to save money.

mustang04
05-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by loboes86
kids lost interest in football. School system shut the program down to save money.

thats just not american:( :( :(

BullFrog Dad
05-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Not really a dark horse but I'm surprised they haven't been mentioned yet and that's Argyle. Any info on this year's team?

Matthew328
05-12-2007, 11:55 AM
http://hstexas.scout.com/2/638192.html

They'll be solid for sure....J.J. Harp is an excellent QB.....don't think they are at the elite level though