PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill Panthers

JJ7997
05-09-2007, 11:08 PM
Syke !
If there ever was a good, down to earth, workin' man's, Blue collar team that were defending champs they are it ! LHPM I wanna know all about whats happening in '07.

Swarm 51
05-10-2007, 12:13 AM
And, we Hornet fans need to hope our new AD/HC comes up with a defense to slow down the LH Panther's offense when they come to Gatesville in week three of the 2007 season.

BILLYFRED0000
05-10-2007, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Swarm 51
And, we Hornet fans need to hope our new AD/HC comes up with a defense to slow down the LH Panther's offense when they come to Gatesville in week three of the 2007 season.

I think they are gonna be good. Coaching is there and so is the system in place. The Bobcats are going to adjust a little on O I would think. No one up here plays the split so that was the first time we saw it in game conditions. I think that we could have beat it if we had seen it once. I saw 2 or 3 plays we could have used and should have that would have swung the game instead of getting stopped on 4rth and 1 4 times. I will be curious about one thing tho. That first title makes you a target. That is an entirely different kind of football. Everybody gets up to play us.
And they are all looking to knock us off. Winning does that. Believe me, it will be a little different next year for the Panthers.
People will be looking for them.

JJ7997
05-10-2007, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I think they are gonna be good. Coaching is there and so is the system in place. The Bobcats are going to adjust a little on O I would think. No one up here plays the split so that was the first time we saw it in game conditions. I think that we could have beat it if we had seen it once. I saw 2 or 3 plays we could have used and should have that would have swung the game instead of getting stopped on 4rth and 1 4 times. I will be curious about one thing tho. That first title makes you a target. That is an entirely different kind of football. Everybody gets up to play us.
And they are all looking to knock us off. Winning does that. Believe me, it will be a little different next year for the Panthers.
People will be looking for them.

I know the Hornets will give them a game this time, but they didnt lose much and will be a force again.

BILLYFRED0000
05-10-2007, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by JJ7997
I know the Hornets will give them a game this time, but they didnt lose much and will be a force again.

They will be. But it is very difficult to pull of a Celina or Sealy in Texas HS football. Especially coming from region 3. There are many strong programs in the Centex region. Robinson almost pulled their game out as well. D1 but you get my meaning. You do not win 68 games in a row like we did without being the best.
But luck plays into it. Injuries. Liberty Hill is not growing like celina. We are still improving and getting more players and will be 4a in a matter of less than 10 years probably 7 or 8. And somehow we still win. I tell you this to say that LH has a lot to learn from year to year about how good they will be. And who they will play will be tougher than most of our Region. That Sealy pulled it off when they did was amazing. 4 titles ina row. We did it too and pulled off a 68 game unbeaten streak. Since the end of the streak we have lost 5 games 3 to state champs. Our Region was very tough then. But 3 is tougher right now. I look forward to seeing how it plays out for LH. I can see us continuing to succeed because we are as good as we have been and our region is not quite as good.

LH Panther Mom
05-10-2007, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Syke !
If there ever was a good, down to earth, workin' man's, Blue collar team that were defending champs they are it ! LHPM I wanna know all about whats happening in '07.
I don't know "all" that's happening, but I do know enough to like the changes so far, if they stick with what they're working on now. Of course, it's not easy to replace a Bode or some of the others, but then I was told (by outsiders) we would have nothing when Escamilla & Kociuba graduated, either. ;) The sophomores on our OL now have a year under their belts, and the OL is the backbone of our offense. There's a possibility that Lattimore will see more play time on both sides of the ball.

Defensively, we lost some good players as well, but there were several young starters, so I think after filling the holes, they'll be just as good as last year. With Johns moving to OL, I'm not sure we'll see a block punt off the foot returned for a touchdown again, though, but it could happen. ;)