PDA

View Full Version : Looking back on things (Mavs)

KTA
05-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Would they of been better off keeping Steve Nash, and trading Dirk to the Lakers for Shaq?

Championships since then

Shaq 1
Mavs 0

Opinions?

JR2004
05-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Dirk never would've been a Laker so it's a moot point.

Pmoney
05-09-2007, 09:35 PM
i see your point but Shaq has maybe a couple of years left Dirk is 28 will maybe have another 8 or 9

KTA
05-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Dirk never would've been a Laker so it's a moot point.

Dirk has no clause in his contract that would void a trade, so it was a possibility.

I know Shaq only has a couple more years, but surrounded with the talent that Dallas has you dont think Nash and Shaq wouldnt of been able to pan out atleast a couple of championships? Whats more important......

Winning 2-3 Championships and having your big guy retire after 4 years (all the while still having the league MVP...look at what hes doing with the Suns)

Or having 8 or 9 more good seasons with a guy who choaks in the big games, and MAYBE wins A championship.

JR2004
05-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Dirk has no clause in his contract that would void a trade, so it was a possibility.

There was zero possibility. Being a Lakers fan and having followed the entire thing, Dirk was not going to be a Laker. I actually advocated LA trading for him, but it wasn't going to happen because Kobe wasn't overly thrilled with bringing Dirk in. I guess in retrospect it probably wouldn't have been a good trade because Dirk would've solved none of the problems the Lakers had then and still have. While Cuban will deny to his grave that he never threw Dirk's name out there in those short-lived talks, Dirk would've been a Laker if Kobe had wanted management to go get him.

kepdawg
05-09-2007, 10:05 PM
I say:

Nash + Shaq > Dirk

Oh, and I don't care if it was never a realistic possibility!

Emerson1
05-09-2007, 10:07 PM
The lakers didn't want Shaq in the west, no way they trade him to the mavs

KTA
05-09-2007, 10:17 PM
ok even with Shaq not in Dallas, looking back on things should we of gave Nash his money?

In my opinion thats a DUMB question, I would of rather kept steve, and let Dirk go

SintonFan
05-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Silly question yes. Amare is a beast.:(

BILLYFRED0000
05-10-2007, 12:47 AM
NO they did the right thing. Steve does not play D well enough.
AVery wants that D. Problem is this years mavs did not play d as well as last year and it definetly showed in the playoffs.

Gobbla2001
05-10-2007, 07:49 AM
they've gone farther without Nash... no...

he's a great fit with the players they have in Phoenix... not as great of a fit with the players that were in Dallas...