PDA

View Full Version : copy of coach Shipley's letter to school dist. and fans

bd0707
12-16-2002, 11:02 AM
To: BCISD

Subject: We lost?

I was awakened on the bus ride home by what seemed to be hundreds of flashing lights, sirens and horns as we entered the Burnet City limits. Still half asleep, I asked myself "Did we really lose?". We couldn't have lost and received such a wonderful welcome home, I thought. In reality we really did win. While we came up short of our goal Saturday, this team has proven that they are winners. So are our fans.

I want to thank you all for your unbelievable support this season! It means so much to these kids to know that you are behind them win or lose. We wanted to win so desperately, but sometimes life is that way and I only hope our kids can use this experience to help them deal with difficult times that will come their way in the "real world".

Corey Fullbright, the injured player from Everman, is in Brook Army Medical Center in San Antonio and is still completely paralyzed. They did surgery yesterday and aren't telling anyone much right now. Corey is from a single parent family and his mother had to work and could not be at the game. Margaret Sullivan is having a fund set up at a Bank to help Corey and his mother and we will be sending out that info as soon as we have it. I know they would appreciate anything you could manage to give.

Thanks again for all your support and we'll go back to work so we can win it all next year!

Coach Shipley and staff.

bulldog65
12-16-2002, 11:45 AM
Coach Shipley and staff.

What an awsome representive of the Burnet community! The word "Class" gets over used sometimes, but these people definitely deserve our respect. God Bless

BIG19
12-16-2002, 01:53 PM
Coach Shipley really is a class act! Thanks coach.

Everman football players/coaches/community: Congrats on a great win. Even after one of your warriors went down, you stepped it in tha face of adversity. That is to be commended at all levels. You truely are the best of 3A, again!

Corey Fullbright/family and friends: With God's help, we will all get through this. Prayers go to you from all of the state and prayers ARE answered. I know I speak for a lot of people when I say, if there is anything we can do, all that has to be done is asked. The 3A community is behind you.

<small>[ December 16, 2002, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: BIG19 ]</small>

Chris Hart
12-16-2002, 03:42 PM
Thanks Coach Shipley, for being such a great leader and role model, for our kids. I hope we can hold on to you and all the assistants on the staff. You guys exemplify class, and from a parent, I couldn't be prouder. Great Job!

proudStepdad#5
12-16-2002, 04:12 PM
Thanks for all of the support that the Burnet Community has show for Corey. You guys are a first class act.

Burnet Player you have nothing to hold your heads down about. This team has really shown some tenasity during the course of the season. Keep the theme "ONE TEAM ONE DREAM".

Coach Shipley you have done an excellent job with the young men that were on the field. Those youngmen carried themselves well. I see that they are led by a good leader.

Burnet Thanks for a great game. We hope to be able to play each other again in the future.

Keith7
12-17-2002, 12:53 AM
congradulations Burnet on a GREAT season.. yall really are a class act

<small>[ December 16, 2002, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

slpybear the bullfan
12-17-2002, 12:56 AM
Wow, Burnet can be very proud of its coach.

Very, very commendable...