PDA

View Full Version : Baseball's "moral compass" is at it again.

Maroon87
05-09-2007, 04:08 PM
I don't like Bonds either, but does Schilling ever just shut the hell up?

Schilling apologizes for Bonds comments
FOXSports.com

One day after Curt Schilling said Barry Bonds didn't deserve to break Hank Aaron's home run record, the outspoken Red Sox pitcher apologized for his comments on his blog.

"Everyone has days and events in life they'd love to push the rewind button on, yesterday was one of those days," Schilling wrote on 38pitches.com. "Regardless of my opinions, thoughts and beliefs on anything Barry Bonds it was absolutely irresponsible and wrong to say what I did. I don't think it's within anyone's right to say the things I said yesterday and affect other peoples lives in that way."
The apology not only followed Schilling's appearance on WEEI-AM's "Dennis and Callahan" show, but came after a discussion between the pitcher and Red Sox manager Terry Francona.

"I mean, he admitted that he used steroids," Schilling said Tuesday. "I mean, there's no gray area. He admitted to cheating on his wife, cheating on his taxes and cheating on the game, so I think the reaction around the league, the game, being what it is, in the case of what people think. Hank Aaron not being there. The commissioner trying to figure out where to be. It's sad.

"And I don't care that he's black, or green, or purple, or yellow, or whatever. It's unfortunate … there's good people and bad people. It's unfortunate that it's happening the way it's happening."

Schilling largely took responsibility for his comments, but also suggested that the early time of the interview may have been partly to blame.

"I'd love to tell you I was ambushed, misquoted, misinterpreted, something other than what it was, but I wasn't," Schilling wrote. "I'm thinking that waking up at 8:30 am to do the weekly interview we do with WEEI is probably not the greatest format and if you heard the interview it's not hard to realize that I'm usually awake about 30-45 seconds before it begins.

"That's still no excuse or reason to say what I did, or even answer the question that was asked. The question I was asked and the answer I gave yesterday affected a lot more people than just he and I. His wife, his children, his friends and his family were all affected by that, as were mine and my teammates."

SintonFan_inAustin
05-09-2007, 04:11 PM
oh thought it might be about David Wells comments about Roger Clemens:) but this is good also

pirate4state
05-09-2007, 04:15 PM
:confused: I don't get it. You had the stones to say it, on the AIR, then have the stones to stick with it! :rolleyes: I hate apologizes!!! Does it REALLY make ANYONE feel better??? :thinking:

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Schilling says what he thinks. Bonds is a cheating idiot.

JJ7997
05-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Schilling says what he thinks. Bonds is a cheating idiot.

Exactly. Might have to apoligize only cause some idiot will turn it into the race BS. Which brings me to my next point, those who cry about racism non stop are the biggest racists in hiding I ever seen !