PDA

View Full Version : Students at University of Delaware have Cinco de Mayo Party

jason
05-09-2007, 03:24 PM
By SUMMER HARLOW, The News Journal
Posted Wednesday, May 9, 2007
Members of a University of Delaware honor fraternity who dressed up as Latino gardeners and gangsters and attended a South of the Border-theme party have stirred up outrage and cries of racism on the Newark campus.

Cinco de Mayo party photographs that appeared online this week have prompted the Campus Alliance de La Raza, a Latino student organization, to demand the fraternity expel participants. The apparent off-campus party was not sanctioned by the Phi Sigma Pi honor fraternity.

The university, which has a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination, also is investigating.

The photographs, which appeared on a student's Facebook Web site page, depicted students, some dressed as gardeners wearing work shirts with "Pedro" and "Jose" name tags, and a racist slur scrawled across the back. In formal apologies posted on La Raza's Web site, students said they did not believe their costumes would be offensive, nor were they acting maliciously.

Other photos pictured a trio of the students in red, white and green shirts with the word "Mexico" on the front, and "Spicy," "Full of Tequila" and "Hott" on the backs.

"In no way were these outfits, or these pictures meant to offend anyone," said Jacqui Croteau, one of the participants, in a statement. "I did not fully understand, at the time these pictures were taken, how harmful the idea of dressing in this way could be to a community."

Lauren Boroski, a sophomore, wrote, "I dressed in an offensive costume with a stupid and hurtful saying written on it, and I feel awful knowing that this costume has hurt so many people. What I did was wrong and insulting."

Other students who issued formal apologies were Justin Snow, Jason Weingarten, Nikki Jacobs and Joseph Randall. They did not return calls seeking comment.

Craig de Mariana Aleman, graduate student adviser to La Raza, said that as a Mexican-American, he had to "take a few minutes" after viewing the photos before he could advise the group on how to proceed.

"It hit pretty hard," he said. "It's throwing this message at me that Mexicans are drunk, they indulge in alcohol or are sexually promiscuous. That was equally as hurtful for me as looking at the gardeners."

La Raza and Phi Sigma Pi are conducting a forum at 8 tonight at George Read Hall to discuss the party and allegations of racism.

The "politically incorrect twist" on Cinco de Mayo, as one partygoer called it, is not the first such college student party this year with racist undertones.

In February, at the Jesuit Santa Clara University in California, photos surfaced on the Internet of a similar South of the Border-theme party where students dressed as Latino janitors, gardeners and pregnant teens.

Students, faculty and staff organized a protest march through campus that drew about 200 participants, said university spokeswoman Deepa Arora. Students, who are subject to a code of conduct even when they are off campus, also went through the school's judicial process for dressing up at the party. Arora said she could not comment on whether disciplinary action was taken.

Brian Brady, president of UD's Phi Sigma Pi chapter, said the party was not an organization-sponsored event, and that disciplinary action is being taken against the members who attended the party.

"Both local and national entities of our organization have condemned these actions and do not take them lightly," he wrote in a statement. "We hold 'freedom from prejudice' in extremely high regard, and do not tolerate bigotry or discrimination in any form."

In a statement on the La Raza Web site, he called the actions of the students "unacceptable."

"Embracing diversity, different peoples, different ideas and different cultures are among our highest of ideals. Sadly, a number of our members apparently do no not share these ideals," he said.

On its Web site, the honor fraternity touts itself as fostering leadership qualities, promoting and advancing the welfare of humanity, and fostering nondiscriminatory, fraternal fellowship.

A statement released by the national chapter of Phi Sigma Pi, which also is investigating the incident, said the organization "does not condone discriminatory conduct or behavior. Moreover, this conduct is contrary to our mission."

Jissell Martinez, president of UD's La Raza, said that considering the controversial debate over immigration, she wasn't too surprised that such a party occurred.

"But to find out members of a coed honor fraternity were involved with it, it's disgusting," she said.

She likened the costumes to people who have painted their faces black and dressed as gangsters for other parties she has heard about.

"They're trying to impersonate what they think Latinos are," she said. "It's wrong. You don't see people within the Latino community or the black community throwing white-people parties."

Contact Summer Harlow at 324-2794 or sharlow@delawareonline.com.

mistanice
05-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by jason
You don't see people within the Latino community or the black community throwing white-people parties."

:confused:

SWMustang
05-09-2007, 03:36 PM
lighten up - it was off campus. Doesn't "la raza" mean "the race"? Isn't that racist?

mistanice
05-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
lighten up - it was off campus. Doesn't "la raza" mean "the race"? Isn't that racist?
La Raza (Mexican Spanish IPA: [la ˈrasa]; Castillian Spanish IPA: [la ˈrača]) is a Spanish-language term (literally meaning "the race", but also connoting "el pueblo" or "la gente", both of which mean "the people"), which refers generally to the people of Latin America who share the cultural and political legacies of Spanish colonialism, including the Spanish language and culture, and their descendants.

It is very roughly analogous to the English-language terms "Hispanic" or "Latino", in that it attempts to define/describe a group of people with a common (Spanish-speaking) cultural heritage, despite the wide variations among those cultures.

The term "La Raza" may also encompass a racial significance associated with "mestizaje", or race-mixing (in the Americas not in Spain). In this sense, the term is inclusive of the Indigenous peoples of the Americas, the descendants of African peoples brought to Latin America as slaves, European immigrants, as well as the racial identities that comprise the Iberian peninsula — and all the mixtures among them.[citation needed]

theyoefnshow
05-09-2007, 03:59 PM
enjoy it while you can gringos!! studies say Latinos (yay go us!!) will be the main majority in the coming years and ultimately the only race in the US. look it up kids.

pirate4state
05-09-2007, 04:00 PM
oh good grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Everyone needs to get over themselves!

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-09-2007, 04:01 PM
I had a cinco de Mayo party, didn't dress up like anything but I drank alot of Corona.:)

xeagle10
05-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Kinda sounds like the whole Tarleton.

cropduster
05-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
enjoy it while you can gringos!! studies say Latinos (yay go us!!) will be the main majority in the coming years and ultimately the only race in the US. look it up kids.

If thats the case ,I'm moving to canada.
I hear Mexico is a well run country.
Oh wait...I'm sorry....My comments were not meant in anyway to degrade the hispanic nation.

theyoefnshow
05-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by cropduster
If thats the case ,I'm moving to canada.
I hear Mexico is a well run country.
Oh wait...I'm sorry....My comments were not meant in anyway to degrade the hispanic nation.

sure thing and have fun. I'm sure the indians thought the same thing but they were all slaughtered before they could go anywhere.

edited for content

mustang04
05-09-2007, 09:25 PM

yeah...and then white ppl can get scholarships to go to college for being a minority!!!!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!!

Old Tiger
05-09-2007, 09:27 PM
anything for publicity.

thatsminty
05-09-2007, 09:29 PM
lolz @ this

theyoefnshow
05-09-2007, 10:13 PM
EDITED AGAIN!! Nazis.

Ok. Let me REPHRASE WHAT I SAID THAT WAS EDITED.

First off to the noob named "crapduster,"

I didn't say that the GOVERNMENT OF MEXICO would be taking over THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT. What I SAID pertains to this:

"the Hispanic-origin population would be the largest growing group. By 2000, the Hispanic-origin population may increase to 31 million, double its 1990 size by 2015, and quadruple its 1990 size by the middle of the next century. In fact, the Hispanic-origin population would contribute 32 percent of the Nation's population growth from 1990 to 2000, 39 percent from 2000 to 2010, 45 percent from 2010 to 2030, and 60 percent from 2030 to 2050."

So pack your crap and head north. In the meantime, most of our congressmen will be named "Garcia, Hernandez, Martinez & Smith."

READING IS POWER KIDS.

Matthew328
05-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
yeah...and then white ppl can get scholarships to go to college for being a minority!!!!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!!

You can get a scholarship now for being a minority....if you went to Grambling or Prarie View A&M you'd have a full ride!

White students can get minority scholarships at HBCU's...they have quotas to meet too!

mwynn05
05-09-2007, 10:25 PM
hispanics are already the majority in Texas

smustangs
05-09-2007, 11:04 PM
same crap as tarleton it sounds like to me all the people involved are saying the same things

SpreadtheRed
05-10-2007, 05:23 AM
the sad thing is it doesnt matter how many mexicans there gets to be the majority of them aren't smart enough to even count money so how in the hell would they ever get elected to office. lol

big daddy russ
05-10-2007, 06:36 AM
Wow. You're not racist, but you're moving to Canada when Hispanics become the minority? Let me know how that works out.

Exactly how white trash are you? We've already narrowed it down to somewhere between 7 and 10, I'd just like to know the exact number. My initial guess was a 9.35, but I may be shooting a little low on this one.

Pudlugger
05-10-2007, 08:20 AM
Hispanic is not a race, it is a culture. Bigot would be a better term here than racist, which is way overused imo.

As for this group of inebriated party going college yoots, well obviously they missed their class on Racial Sensitivity and "The Other" at good old U of D. Satire used to be a high form of humor but nowadays with our protected groups it is bait for the race pimps like La Raza to get a forum. I hope these kids learned a lesson about how pernicious PC has become and show more discretion next time. Sometimes you can take a joke to far and sometimes some folks can't take a joke at all. In this case it was both and the pimps have more ammunition to go after the "oppressors", i.e. white privileged college kids. Free speech for me, but not for thee is the new motta at the University.

Gobbla2001
05-10-2007, 08:26 AM
but no one's upset with Mayweather? Just the whities?

I see

Ranger Mom
05-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by SpreadtheRed
the sad thing is it doesnt matter how many mexicans there gets to be the majority of them aren't smart enough to even count money so how in the hell would they ever get elected to office. lol

LOL or not....that was just plain rude!:mad:

Gobbla2001
05-10-2007, 08:29 AM

well atleast they'll be able to buy pizza... :p

I love me some mexicans man...

BullFrog Dad
05-10-2007, 08:44 AM
I'll say this, Hispanic women are among the most beautiful in the world. So I'm staying!

burnet44
05-10-2007, 08:49 AM
I would comment but there would be no good in it

Im not offended when we have St. Patty's Day parties
and people dress in outfits and red beards
drink a lot and do stupid stuff

Im Irish

Gobbla2001
05-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by burnet44

Im not offended when we have St. Patty's Day parties
and people dress in outfits and red beards
drink a lot and do stupid stuff

Im Irish

good point... esspecially when the Notre Dame mascot isn't Irish...

I'm Texan, and I don't like it when people make fun of Texans in movies etc...

theyoefnshow
05-10-2007, 10:18 AM

Yes that would definately explain why I own my house, (a pretty large one btw) 2 new vehicles, stock options & pretty much every form of entertainment that most people only dream about. Oh wait, I'm sure that came from selling drugs right?

theyoefnshow
05-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
but no one's upset with Mayweather? Just the whities?

I see

that's because Mayweather is a publicity whore (see: Hilton, Paris and Lohan, Lindsay) and didn't dress up as an underaged pregnant teen (btw, the number of pregnant white girls has also reached a ridiculous number) or a gardener with the words "wetback" scrawled across the back.

As for the term "hispanic," remember this...

Hispanics are the Spaniards, the people of Spain. WE ARE NOT SPAINIARDS! We are Mexica! We are the people of Anahuac. We are the Nican Tlaca (Indigenous people) of this continent, the true owners of this continent. We are not Spaniards or the property of Spain. Calling ourselves "Hispanic" denies us our true Nican Tlaca Anahuac identity, history and heritage. It enslaves us to the interests of the "Spanish" white world. Calling our people Hispanic is racist. Calling our people Hispanic is like calling the African descent people in the U.S. Britannic because they have British names and because they speak English.

DDBooger
05-10-2007, 10:25 AM
Yes that would definately explain why I own my house, (a pretty large one btw) 2 new vehicles, stock options & pretty much every form of entertainment that most people only dream about. Oh wait, I'm sure that came from selling drugs right? many times people confuse racism for pure ignorance! you can't help everyone, this is a case of someone slipping through darwins theory of evolution, chromosome away from eating his own *@%$ lol. what kinda drugs yuo peddling :thinking: :cool: lmao j/k

DDBooger
05-10-2007, 10:29 AM
that's because Mayweather is a publicity whore (see: Hilton, Paris and Lohan, Lindsay) and didn't dress up as an underaged pregnant teen (btw, the number of pregnant white girls has also reached a ridiculous number) or a gardener with the words "wetback" scrawled across the back.

As for the term "hispanic," remember this...

Hispanics are the Spaniards, the people of Spain. WE ARE NOT SPAINIARDS! We are Mexica! We are the people of Anahuac. We are the Nican Tlaca (Indigenous people) of this continent, the true owners of this continent. We are not Spaniards or the property of Spain. Calling ourselves "Hispanic" denies us our true Nican Tlaca Anahuac identity, history and heritage. It enslaves us to the interests of the "Spanish" white world. Calling our people Hispanic is racist. Calling our people Hispanic is like calling the African descent people in the U.S. Britannic because they have British names and because they speak English. i don't think its racist calling us hispanic. maybe incorrect, but no mal intent. and we are connected to spain, denying that is no different then denying our mexican heritage. we have the unique perspective of considering Spain our FATHERLAND and Mexico our MOTHERLAND.

District303aPastPlayer
05-10-2007, 10:29 AM
its good to see how many bigots, racists, and jerk offs we have on the board :)

told ya matt...

Old Tiger
05-10-2007, 10:31 AM
I wish I were at this party!

I hope I don't get called a racist or sued for this picture :(

http://a17.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00946/61/02/946472016_l.jpg

theyoefnshow
05-10-2007, 10:33 AM
isn't the blonde supposed to be juggling the maracas?

theyoefnshow
05-10-2007, 10:34 AM
hmmm......I hope that wasn't sexist..:thinking:

pirate4state
05-10-2007, 10:42 AM
the sad thing is it doesnt matter how many mexicans there gets to be the majority of them aren't smart enough to even count money so how in the hell would they ever get elected to office. lol ....nvm.....

LH Panther Mom
05-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL or not....that was just plain rude!:mad:
My sentiments exactly!!!!! :foul: :foul: :flaming:

themsu97
05-10-2007, 11:06 AM
people get bent out of shape over nothing...

there will be no more dressing up at Halloween any more because somebody somewhere might be offended... people need to get over themselves...
if you want to have an acceptance, you also have to have a sense of humor...
if I get offended everytime someone tells me that since I am a white, Southern Baptist that I am automatically a racist, which is a prejudice statement, I do not worry about it...
people are insensitive but people also like to have a good time...

Get A Life and America does not need to be PC because people have the choice and freedom in this country to do what they want...

DDBooger
05-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by themsu97

there will be no more dressing up at Halloween any more because somebody somewhere might be offended... people need to get over themselves...
if I get offended everytime someone tells me that since I am a white, Southern Baptist that I am automatically a racist, which is a prejudice statement, I do not worry about it...

Get A Life and America does not need to be PC because people have the choice and freedom in this country to do what they want... maybe we'll start seeing white trash parties, bubba teeth and all! :) haha

pirate4state
05-10-2007, 11:28 AM

Get A Life and America does not need to be PC because people have the choice and freedom in this country to do what they want...

Yeah, TAKE A JOKE AMERICA!! I loved that Carlos Mencia CD. :D I do not however like some of the IGNORANT comments some people have made on this thread!!

Old Tiger
05-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Yeah, TAKE A JOKE AMERICA!! I loved that Carlos Mencia CD. :D I do not however like some of the IGNORANT comments some people have made on this thread!! Carlos Mencia is ignorant. He doesn't even write his own material.

District303aPastPlayer
05-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Carlos Mencia is ignorant. He doesn't even write his own material.

yeap! He ain't even mexican, his real name is Ned.

DDBooger
05-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Carlos Mencia is ignorant. He doesn't even write his own material. thats not ignorant, thats FULL knowledge of what he's doing! stealing other peoples material. i heard George Lopez almost whooped his ***

District303aPastPlayer
05-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
thats not ignorant, thats FULL knowledge of what he's doing! stealing other peoples material. i heard George Lopez almost whooped his ***

yeap. he had him by the throat against a wall til mencia admitted he stole material

themsu97
05-10-2007, 11:34 AM
we have had what we call "white trailer trash parties" and even some of our friends do not have to "reach" to find the attire...
having a good time should never be a problem...
we have dressed as hillbillies and the Clinton's, one in the same really,
the beauty of going as white trash is that me and my wife can be married as well as being related...
one year I went as a farmer and she was a sheep... we have good times with it...
people really have lost touch with reality...have a laugh, have a beer, look at boobs, and life is good

Old Tiger
05-10-2007, 11:35 AM
thats not ignorant, thats FULL knowledge of what he's doing! stealing other peoples material. i heard George Lopez almost whooped his *** Stole Dave Chappelles alot too.

pirate4state
05-10-2007, 11:36 AM
I really don't give a crap if he is white, red, blue or green - he is funny & I really don't care if he stole his material. People steal material ALL THE TIME!! :mad:

Ya'll are fixing to find out what happens when a mexican women gets really pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flaming:

Okay that made me laugh .... darn it :D

Ranger Mom
05-10-2007, 11:36 AM

one year I went as a farmer and she was a sheep... we have good times with it...

That cracked me up!!:D

Old Tiger
05-10-2007, 11:38 AM
I really don't give a crap if he is white, red, blue or green - he is funny & I really don't care if he stole his material. People steal material ALL THE TIME!! :mad:

Ya'll are fixing to find out what happens when a mexican women gets really pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flaming:

Okay that made me laugh .... darn it :D Good comedians are who really funny usually have their own material which makes them fun. For example; George Lopez, Dave Chappelle, Eddie Murphy, Martin Lawrence, and the greatest Richard Pryor. Carlos Mencia is more annoying than funny. Speaking of funny and Carlos the funniest thing he ever did was Wetback Mountain. Now that I am thinking that is the only funny thing he has done. He is an annoying and pompous ass.

DDBooger
05-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Stole Dave Chappelles alot too. dave don't look to rowdy, too wirey, he'd probably have charlie murphy whoop his *** lmao charlie murphy's true hollywood stories has to be some of the funniest skits i have ever seen. "AH, DARKNESS, DARKNESS IS SPREADING"
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u1/sor81/ththFive-Finger-SLAP-rwpsp.gif

LH Panther Mom
05-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
its good to see how many bigots, racists, and jerk offs we have on the board :)

told ya matt...
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pirate4state
05-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Good comedians are who really funny usually have their own material which makes them fun. For example; George Lopez, Dave Chappelle, Eddie Murphy, Martin Lawrence, and the greatest Richard Pryor. Carlos Mencia is more annoying than funny. Speaking of funny and Carlos the funniest thing he ever did was Wetback Mountain. Now that I am thinking that is the only funny thing he has done. He is an annoying and pompous ass. blah, blah, blah is all I'm reading

DDBooger
05-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: come on LH the comment about all us mexicans being stupid was pretty crazy! i didn't see that comment get the rolly eyes!:clap: lol j/k

SintonFan_inAustin
05-10-2007, 11:41 AM
i don't think its racist calling us hispanic. maybe incorrect, but no mal intent. and we are connected to spain, denying that is no different then denying our mexican heritage. we have the unique perspective of considering Spain our FATHERLAND and Mexico our MOTHERLAND. Spain our Fatherland and Mexico our motherland Bingo!:)

pirate4state
05-10-2007, 11:42 AM
come on LH the comment about all us mexicans being stupid was pretty crazy! i didn't see that comment get the rolly eyes!:clap: lol j/k but it did get the :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

LH Panther Mom
05-10-2007, 11:43 AM
blah, blah, blah is all I'm reading
http://texashsfootball.com/board/style_emoticons/default/blahblah1.gifhttp://texashsfootball.com/board/style_emoticons/default/blahblah1.gifhttp://texashsfootball.com/board/style_emoticons/default/blahblah1.gif

DDBooger
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Spain our Fatherland and Mexico our motherland Bingo!:) thank you latin american cultures class ;) haha i learned something!

Ranger Mom
but it did get the :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

From both "white female" mods!!:)

DDBooger
but it did get the :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: which does supercede tbe :rolleyes: so i'll give you a :clap: :D

LH Panther Mom
05-10-2007, 11:44 AM
come on LH the comment about all us mexicans being stupid was pretty crazy! i didn't see that comment get the rolly eyes!:clap: lol j/k
You might not want to have seen what "that" comment got. :eek: :eek: :eek: :devil: But if you look, I had some smilies for it in public. :)

Old Tiger
dave don't look to rowdy, too wirey, he'd probably have charlie murphy whoop his *** lmao charlie murphy's true hollywood stories has to be some of the funniest skits i have ever seen. "AH, DARKNESS, DARKNESS IS SPREADING"
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u1/sor81/ththFive-Finger-SLAP-rwpsp.gif Tyrone Biggums Fear factor was hilarious.

"Joe Rogan, there's something you don't know about me. I smoke rock." -Tyrone Biggums

Old Tiger
blah, blah, blah is all I'm reading You're not really mexican that's why you like him :p:D:D

Ranger Mom
05-10-2007, 11:45 AM
http://texashsfootball.com/board/style_emoticons/default/blahblah1.gifhttp://texashsfootball.com/board/style_emoticons/default/blahblah1.gifhttp://texashsfootball.com/board/style_emoticons/default/blahblah1.gif

haha...you beat me to it....i was gonna do this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/1blah1-1.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/1blah1-1.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/1blah1-1.gif

LH Panther Mom
05-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
haha...you beat me to it....i was gonna do this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/1blah1-1.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/1blah1-1.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/1blah1-1.gif
LOL! :clap: :D

DDBooger
05-10-2007, 11:47 AM
You might not want to have seen what "that" comment got. :eek: :eek: :eek: :devil: But if you look, I had some smilies for it in public. :) http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/Yadneergo/creature66.gif

SintonFan_inAustin
05-10-2007, 11:52 AM
thank you latin american cultures class ;) haha i learned something! no thank u i now know i am spaniard and mexican. :cool:

DU_stud04
05-10-2007, 11:55 AM
http://photos-482.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v80/11/110/25300987/n25300987_31297482_2666.jpg

:)mayweather loves mexico

Ranger Mom
05-10-2007, 11:55 AM
LOL! :clap: :D

Just ran across another too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/sign0023.gif

OKAY...lunchtime!!:D

DDBooger
05-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
no thank u i now know i am spaniard and mexican. :cool: and anytime you get some snotty punk who says they are full blooded spaniard tell them they are full of deuce. the real Iberians were Gallic and maybe even celts, some greek and phoenician. after hundreds of years of north african (muslim) control, to say you are full blooded spanish is to say you are just about all of that! even at that, so many years of intermixing unless you have documented proof of bloodlines(which many are doctored due to the class system imposed by the Peninsulares) we are just about all mestizo(ladino) to some extent:) but man do the spanish have some lookers, andalusian beauties :)

themsu97
05-10-2007, 12:25 PM
i am full blooded AMerican Mutt... most of it is honkey... but there is some Indian in me... most of my mom's family is from deep Louisiana so there is some white trash there as well...

Murphy's skits on Chappelle are flat out hilarious...

BullFrog Dad
05-10-2007, 01:11 PM
i am full blooded AMerican Mutt... most of it is honkey... but there is some Indian in me... most of my mom's family is from deep Louisiana so there is some white trash there as well... In my signature you can see that I'm just a bunch of feathers, fur, and warts!

big daddy russ
05-10-2007, 01:47 PM
You get made fun of a lot, don't you? Let me know how your trailer and your sexually abused dogs are doing.

Do us all a favor and move to Arkansas. Plenty of wild game and siblings to be taken advantage of up there. You'll fit right in.

AP Panther Fan
05-10-2007, 01:58 PM
most of my mom's family is from deep Louisiana so there is some white trash there as well...

hahaha....this reminds me of some photos that 44inarow e-mailed me of a white trash wedding in Southern Louisiana. Everyone is decked out in camo's out by the airboat, the wedding party, decorations and cake are hideous...pretty funny stuff.

Lorey, if you find them you should post them in this thread. :D

themsu97
05-11-2007, 07:32 AM
what is even funnier is trying to decipher what my kin folk are saying... we have a reunion every year... I think so some of the kin folk can find dates... and some of my relatives actually do talk like Farmer Fran from the Water Boy... my wife gets a big kick out of that

Darren
05-11-2007, 07:39 AM
Carlos Mencia is ignorant. He doesn't even write his own material.

You are so right.. He is a moron.

Darren
05-11-2007, 07:44 AM
EDITED AGAIN!! Nazis.

Ok. Let me REPHRASE WHAT I SAID THAT WAS EDITED.

First off to the noob named "crapduster,"

I didn't say that the GOVERNMENT OF MEXICO would be taking over THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT. What I SAID pertains to this:

"the Hispanic-origin population would be the largest growing group. By 2000, the Hispanic-origin population may increase to 31 million, double its 1990 size by 2015, and quadruple its 1990 size by the middle of the next century. In fact, the Hispanic-origin population would contribute 32 percent of the Nation's population growth from 1990 to 2000, 39 percent from 2000 to 2010, 45 percent from 2010 to 2030, and 60 percent from 2030 to 2050."

So pack your crap and head north. In the meantime, most of our congressmen will be named "Garcia, Hernandez, Martinez & Smith."

READING IS POWER KIDS.

Let me ask you a serious question in regard to this increase. What percentage of these Hispanics will be able to vote for an elected offical in the US?

I am not intending to stir up racist comments I am seriously asking of this increase in hispanic population how many are citizens of the US and able to vote?

DDBooger
05-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Darren
Let me ask you a serious question in regard to this increase. What percentage of these Hispanics will be able to vote for an elected offical in the US?

I am not intending to stir up racist comments I am seriously asking of this increase in hispanic population how many are citizens of the US and able to vote? actually im thinking quite a bit, the parents may not be american, but their kids born here are! figure 3-5 per fam. this is all guestimation

Darren
05-11-2007, 08:29 AM
actually im thinking quite a bit, the parents may not be american, but their kids born here are! figure 3-5 per fam. this is all guestimation

Good point and once they are of voting age in 15 - 18 years then we will actually start seeing more hispanic government officals.

Does that sound about right?

DDBooger
05-11-2007, 08:53 AM
Good point and once they are of voting age in 15 - 18 years then we will actually start seeing more hispanic government officals.

Does that sound about right? there are actually quite a bit of hispanic govt officials from a state perspective. nationally because of geography they are predominantly in the southwest region of the U.S.(mexican, not other latinos). so don't know how much of a impact they can have nationally if there isn't a diaspora of mexicans to other parts of the country. which is kind of happening but of course people of a certain race will feel comfortable around their own so maybe thats an explanation. im not a anthropologist and this is just my guess work, I really don't delve into this stuff, i could be wrong! i know the midwest has growing mexican enclaves, remnants of bracero and migrancy work

theyoefnshow
05-11-2007, 09:28 AM
hey, my brother already got elected to city council in Austin last year. He's already said his next step is mayor then governor.....

He won his council spot by a landslide

SintonFan
05-11-2007, 10:01 AM
actually im thinking quite a bit, the parents may not be american, but their kids born here are! figure 3-5 per fam. this is all guestimation
Most anthropologists will tell you once Mexicans(heck Germans, French and everyone else to) discover American TV the birth rate goes down to 2.3.:D ;)

DDBooger
05-11-2007, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Most anthropologists will tell you once Mexicans(heck Germans, French and everyone else to) discover American TV the birth rate goes down to 2.3.:D ;) lmao

Black_Magic
05-11-2007, 11:28 AM

So what your saying is all these Latino organizations will be determined RACIST the second Latinos become the majority? because any white organization that is for whites of infavor of whites in any way is labled Racist. Does your information mean that the Latino organizations will become Racist once Latinos are a Majority? Im truly interested..

theyoefnshow
05-11-2007, 11:30 AM
did I imply that? Not at all. Next.

Black_Magic
05-11-2007, 12:39 PM
No, you would not inply that. Note to people. Numbers are not what enables you to be succesfull in life. its up bringing, and education. what will keep someone a minority in society and economics even if they are not a minority in numbers, will be those factors. unless that changes nothing will change but the census percentages. Right now the problem keeping someone "down" as some gripe about is social and economic. not racial. people in charge and in power are the ones with money and or education. Thats just how it is.:rolleyes:

SWMustang
05-11-2007, 12:54 PM
I'm sad to see this post get derailed from it's original intent. It's about free speech. I wouldn't purposely go out of my way to offend a group of people, but you have to give those idiots the freedom to do so. We're reaching a point where people think they are constitiutionally protected from being offended. When we reach that point (some would argue we're already there) that you can't say things simply because they offend others, free speech is compromised.

theyoefnshow
05-11-2007, 01:14 PM
people who use money and economics as a crutch for their downfalls garner no sympathy from me. like it or not k thru 12th grade is equal. in that time, ANY STUDENT regardless of race, social class, whatever, can push themselves and get an academic scholarship to the next level. at the same time, I saw plenty of kids who had tuition paid for by mommy and daddy just piss that all away because they wanna act like brainless retards like the kids this post was originally about. Don't think so? there was a guy named Ramonce Taylor who had no business ACADEMICALLY being at UT. but he got there only to squander it away. Maybe you've heard of him?

as for racism, like it or not, every person on this planet has a bit in them and don't lie to yourself or others saying that you don't. but most of us have the decency and enough respect for ourselves and others not to try and make complete asses of ourselves, unlike the kids who through this party. I'm sure mommy and daddy are proud of each and every one of them.

Gobbla2001
05-11-2007, 01:16 PM
no one's mad a mayweather still... yet white kids get an article written about 'em...

I hate being white I just wanna be Texan dammit...

theyoefnshow
05-11-2007, 01:24 PM
mayweather wore a HAT.
THESE KIDS wore signs that said "wetback" and were dressed as stereotypical janitors, field workers and pregnant teenagers. a bit of a difference

Gobbla2001
05-11-2007, 01:26 PM
mayweather wore a HAT.
THESE KIDS wore signs that said "wetback" and were dressed as stereotypical janitors, field workers and pregnant teenagers. a bit of a difference

true...

JT44
05-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Mayweather wore the hat in reference to his uncle, I forget which one, but the uncle's self proclaimed nickname was the mexican assasin, b/c of the abundance of mexican fighters he fought

Black_Magic
05-11-2007, 01:41 PM
people who use money and economics as a crutch for their downfalls garner no sympathy from me. like it or not k thru 12th grade is equal. in that time, ANY STUDENT regardless of race, social class, whatever, can push themselves and get an academic scholarship to the next level. at the same time, I saw plenty of kids who had tuition paid for by mommy and daddy just piss that all away because they wanna act like brainless retards like the kids this post was originally about. Don't think so? there was a guy named Ramonce Taylor who had no business ACADEMICALLY being at UT. but he got there only to squander it away. Maybe you've heard of him?

as for racism, like it or not, every person on this planet has a bit in them and don't lie to yourself or others saying that you don't. but most of us have the decency and enough respect for ourselves and others not to try and make complete asses of ourselves, unlike the kids who through this party. I'm sure mommy and daddy are proud of each and every one of them. there are JUST as many latino and african american racist out there as there are white. NO doubt about that. No excuse for any racist white or non white. At least thats the way it should be but we all know tha some racism is "over looked" because they are from a "minority group". But the claim that things will change because one group becomes a majority that was once a minority. That rational is just wishfull thinking. the reason one group is not as succesfull as others has so little to do with simple minority numbers. It has to do with dropouts, leading to not going on to college leading to working lower paying jobs ect and so on. Its Social and Economic. NOT birth rates.:rolleyes: Look Some act like this is some battle... Why? Why does it have to be an us agaist them thing?? I dont understand why? Why does it have to be an issue at all.

SWMustang
05-11-2007, 01:55 PM
mayweather wore a HAT.

the article doesn't say the Delware kids impersonated anyone as pregnant teens or field workers.

big daddy russ
05-11-2007, 01:55 PM

I am not intending to stir up racist comments I am seriously asking of this increase in hispanic population how many are citizens of the US and able to vote?
We actually studied this in politics this spring. The Hispanic population in Texas (they only count legal citizens in the census) is expected to overtake the white population between 2025 and 2030.

It's a combination of natural growth and move-ins. The average family size here in Texas regardless of race is 3.24 as of 2000. For all-white families, that number goes down to 3.0. For Hispanic families, the number is over 4 per family (not household size, that's a different statistic).

Hispanics accounted for about 6.7 million of Texas' 21 million population in 2000. Whites accounted for 14.7 million.

With projected move-ins (family members moving closer together, illegals coming across the border and having kids over here, etc) combined with the culture of Hispanic families being larger and the fact that white families are steadily shrinking while Hispanic families are staying relatively the same size, Hispanics are expected to overtake the majority of the VOTING population sometime in the mid- to late-2030's.

That's the projected break-up of the "Solid South," as Florida's also going through a similar trend. Traditionally, Hispanics tend to vote Democrat. Look at the voting patterns in the Southern counties in Texas (Nueces south) and you'll see a large increase in blue counties.

These blue counties are expected to continue northward and eventually, the State Legislature will be voted in largely on the Hispanics' votes.

Another thing we studied, however, is the difference in the minority populations and percentage of minorities in the State Legislature. For example, Hispanics account for almost a third of the state's population, but only 20% of members of the current state legislature are Hispanic. The numbers get even smaller in the Asian and black populations.

DDBooger
05-11-2007, 02:02 PM
the article doesn't say the Delware kids impersonated anyone as pregnant teens or field workers. yes but i believe another source confirmed that.

Gobbla2001
05-11-2007, 02:12 PM
what's wrong with field workers? isn't that almost right? hell there are a lot in Cali... that's just like wearing a cowboy hat when it's "Texas Day" or something... damn near true, that's the image...

freedom of speech my ass... there is no freedom of speech...

I wouldn't have done it, don't think it's in proper taste personally, but I don't see why these guys gotta be drug through the streets for doin' it... it's their freedom...

Gobbla2001
05-11-2007, 02:13 PM
George Lopez can make fun of white people with the voices and their names, just because it's stereotypical... it's all in comedy and a joke... but wasn't that what it was in deleware?

I love George Lopez BECAUSE I HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR...

theyoefnshow
05-11-2007, 02:45 PM
you failed to defend the "wetback" signs. If I through a party and "dressed black" carrying a crack pipe with the word "N*GGER" on a sign on my back.....you think that may not garner attention? its not freedom, its common sense and I don't need bigot kids like this teaching my kids, tending my illnesses or preparing my funeral.

SWMustang
05-11-2007, 03:24 PM
you failed to defend the "wetback" signs. If I through a party and "dressed black" carrying a crack pipe with the word "N*GGER" on a sign on my back.....you think that may not garner attention? its not freedom, its common sense and I don't need bigot kids like this teaching my kids, tending my illnesses or preparing my funeral.

As much as I find that behavior despicable, I'd defend your right to make an ass of yourself. That's a true test of free speech - will you defend someone's right to say something you disagree with strongly or personally find offensive?

DDBooger
05-11-2007, 05:03 PM
As much as I find that behavior despicable, I'd defend your right to make an ass of yourself. That's a true test of free speech - will you defend someone's right to say something you disagree with strongly or personally find offensive? you mean like this guy who is protecting those who would have him hung, whipped and beaten out of america!
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/FCarrejo/cop_kkk.jpg
with all our rights come responsibility, sometimes we have to answer for what we say in public. persecution in court is different then persecution in the public eye. if every one of us was brought before a judge for using a slur maybe i'd buy the whole "its freedom of speech" bit. do i think these kids should get kicked out of school or in any way punished! naw i chalk it up as ignorance, besides how many of us hispanics actually make it up to Delaware! lol

garageoffice
05-11-2007, 05:31 PM
I'm not racist, or a bigot, and I don't ask this to offend ANYONE, but can someone please explain to me why we have received more and more pressure in recent years to recognize a purely Mexican holiday (and a minor, regional one at that)? Mexicans are the only group I know of that come to the U.S. and then want to hold up flags from their homeland at every major function. Why do they insist on considering themselves Mexicans instead of Americans?

SWMustang
05-11-2007, 05:33 PM
you mean like this guy who is protecting those who would have him hung, whipped and beaten out of america!
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/FCarrejo/cop_kkk.jpg
with all our rights come responsibility, sometimes we have to answer for what we say in public. persecution in court is different then persecution in the public eye. if every one of us was brought before a judge for using a slur maybe i'd buy the whole "its freedom of speech" bit. do i think these kids should get kicked out of school or in any way punished! naw i chalk it up as ignorance, besides how many of us hispanics actually make it up to Delaware! lol

yes - exactly like the guy defending the klan rally. I agree with you - society will dictate what punishment these kids should get, but the article mentions the school getting involved when this party was off campus. I'm guessing that the university of delaware get's funding from the government. In a roundabout way they would be getting punished by government for the way they acted.

DDBooger
05-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by garageoffice
I'm not racist, or a bigot, and I don't ask this to offend ANYONE, but can someone please explain to me why we have received more and more pressure in recent years to recognize a purely Mexican holiday (and a minor, regional one at that)? Mexicans are the only group I know of that come to the U.S. and then want to hold up flags from their homeland at every major function. Why do they insist on considering themselves Mexicans instead of Americans? why not ask the same for st. patty's day? i see flags of many nationalities flying in the U.S. how are mexicans forcing people to celebrate cinco de mayo? lol buddy beer companies, stores and other major business sure love exploiting it cause many of us sure do party, you don't have to force miller lite to recognize cinco de mayo, its their pleasure ;) hahahaha see i just made a joke about my peoples, we love to drink, and besides we whooped the French on that day! shouldn't that count for something? its not a indendence day, which people forget, its celebrating the battle of puebla. i think thats what its called

DDBooger
05-11-2007, 05:37 PM
yes - exactly like the guy defending the klan rally. I agree with you - society will dictate what punishment these kids should get, but the article mentions the school getting involved when this party was off campus. I'm guessing that the university of delaware get's funding from the government. In a roundabout way they would be getting punished by government for the way they acted. then i wouldn't agree with it. we can't cure ignorance! ;) nor should the govt. intervene. we can only fight it with education! then again it was at a university! lol

theyoefnshow
05-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Mexican-AMERICAN
African-AMERICAN
Asian-AMERICAN...

I believe those are the words most commonly used? Anyway, as for Cinco De Mayo, it's another reason for more people to go out and get completely wasted. No different then St. Patrick's day. Chances are, very few people (MEXICANS INCLUDED) probably even know what Cinco de Mayo is even for.

theyoefnshow
05-11-2007, 05:39 PM
why not ask the same for st. patty's day? i see flags of many nationalities flying in the U.S. how are mexicans forcing people to celebrate cinco de mayo? lol buddy beer companies, stores and other major business sure love exploiting it cause many of us sure do party, you don't have to force miller lite to recognize cinco de mayo, its their pleasure ;) hahahaha see i just made a joke about my peoples, we love to drink, and besides we whooped the French on that day! shouldn't that count for something? its not a indendence day, which people forget, its celebrating the battle of puebla. i think thats what its called

I see you had me covered there while I was typing lol. Yes you are correct.

garageoffice
05-11-2007, 05:41 PM
why not ask the same for st. patty's day? i see flags of many nationalities flying in the U.S. how are mexicans forcing people to celebrate cinco de mayo? lol buddy beer companies, stores and other major business sure love exploiting it cause many of us sure do party, you don't have to force miller lite to recognize cinco de mayo, its their pleasure ;) hahahaha see i just made a joke about my peoples, we love to drink, and besides we whooped the French on that day! shouldn't that count for something? its not a indendence day, which people forget, its celebrating the battle of puebla. i think thats what its called

I understand your point and I agree with it. Commerce in America is ready to jump on ANY excuse to sell more of anything. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with cultural celebrations at all. But, St. Patrick's day isn't a true holiday (at least in most places), recognized by govenment agencies and schools. In recent years companies and other organizations (school districts, city governments, etc.) have received pressure from organizations like LULAC to actually observe Cinco de Mayo as a day off.

DDBooger
05-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by garageoffice
I understand your point and I agree with it. Commerce in America is ready to jump on ANY excuse to sell more of anything. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with cultural celebrations at all. But, St. Patrick's day isn't a true holiday (at least in most places), recognized by govenment agencies and schools. In recent years companies and other organizations (school districts, city governments, etc.) have received pressure from organizations like LULAC to actually observe Cinco de Mayo as a day off. see sometimes you have to differentiate between political organization that justify their existence through activism. don't lump a whole race in with their actions, they are what they are, a political tool. personally, i believe their beginning were noble and needed, but today when much has worked itself out org. like lulac and naacp and people like al sharpie struggle to find a fight. i grew up in calallen and hispanics make up probably right around half or lil less of the pop. and i was always treated just fine, accepted in homes and allowed the same opportunity as the next kid. we have come a long way! we should speak more a bout our successes then our divisions