PDA

View Full Version : Two-A-Days for boys (Bootcamp start when school is out)

Fotbol
05-09-2007, 11:36 AM
This summer the Playstation 3, the PSP's, sponge bob, Ice cream and soda r all out the window, I'm going to Marlin get my boys and we are starting my very on Boot Camp Two-A-Days. My Army Buddy (whose retired with two boyz of his own) Will have them until I get off work, and I will take the evening sessions, lots of push-ups, running, Basketball, and Footballl in the 100 degree weather, once we get into a routine, we will add some swimming at least 3 times a week. I will have math problems, Reading material, and lots of research, My boys will be ready for the upcoming season,.....can't wait!

Ranger Mom
05-09-2007, 11:50 AM
My nephew, who graduates next Thursday is going straight from high school to boot camp too......but this isn't 2-a-days....it's all day every day, this is for real!!

I'm not thrilled with his decision, but am extrememly proud of him anyway!!

sww-bull52
05-09-2007, 11:55 AM
I've got two sons in bootcamp right now RM. One Navy and one Marine Corps. Their Mom feels the same way you do.

Emerson1
05-09-2007, 12:29 PM
How old are they, and do they know of your plan yet?

Fotbol
05-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
How old are they, and do they know of your plan yet? 12,9,8 and they can't wait to come where Dadddy is, becasue I make everday fun as if it's your last day on Earth, We travel, be silly at times and just enjoy each other, my 12 year old was chubby a couple of summers ago, but he's grew about 3 to 4 inches in two years, they are sports fanactics like their father, go to myspace.com/cunbed10 and check em out!

Fotbol
05-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
My nephew, who graduates next Thursday is going straight from high school to boot camp too......but this isn't 2-a-days....it's all day every day, this is for real!!

I'm not thrilled with his decision, but am extrememly proud of him anyway!! Navy and Airforece bootcamps are a breeze, now Marines and Army is a different story, I wonder is Marine bootcamp still 13 weeks long?:confused:

sww-bull52
05-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Navy and Airforece bootcamps are a breeze, now Marines and Army is a different story, I wonder is Marine bootcamp still 13 weeks long?:confused:

Yep. 13 weeks of fun. I went to boot camp at 145 pounds and came out at 170 pounds of nothing but pure muscle. My jeans I wore before boot camp wouldn't even go over my thighs.

Bull Butter
05-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Navy and Airforece bootcamps are a breeze, now Marines and Army is a different story, I wonder is Marine bootcamp still 13 weeks long?:confused:

I believe it's 12 weeks now, they're getting soft;)

Fotbol
05-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
I believe it's 12 weeks now, they're getting soft;)

Man when I went to Boot camp in San Diego, many moons ago, we were right next door to the Marines Bootcamp, when I say every night they had someone jumping fences and trying to get to the Airport near bye, I mean they had at least 3 every night!
Marines Bootcamps will make a man out of ya PDQ

Ranger Mom
05-09-2007, 01:19 PM
12,9,8 and they can't wait to come where Dadddy is, becasue I make everday fun as if it's your last day on Earth, We travel, be silly at times and just enjoy each other, my 12 year old was chubby a couple of summers ago, but he's grew about 3 to 4 inches in two years, they are sports fanactics like their father, go to myspace.com/cunbed10 and check em out!

That's some good looking kids!!

I sent you a friend add, but I must admit...your top 4 kinda scare me!!:p :p

Fotbol
05-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That's some good looking kids!!

I sent you a friend add, but I must admit...your top 4 kinda scare me!!:p :p Yeah RM, they scare me too....they scare me too:eek: :eek: :D in a good way!

Pmoney
05-09-2007, 04:55 PM
marine boot camps are not that hard either i have seen people graduate from the marine boot camp that couldnt make it through our offseason program, which is prolly one of the toughest in the state, but still...

LH Panther Mom
05-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
our offseason program, which is prolly one of the toughest in the state, but still...
There are some that call our offseason program bootcamp from time to time. ;)

sww-bull52
05-09-2007, 06:47 PM
marine boot camps are not that hard either i have seen people graduate from the marine boot camp that couldnt make it through our offseason program, which is prolly one of the toughest in the state, but still...

Did you experience Marine boot camp? If not don't EVEN go there my friend.

Pmoney
05-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
Did you experience Marine boot camp? If not don't EVEN go there my friend.
first of all im not taking anything away from the soldiers cause i fully support them but im just saying i dont believe it is as hard as some people say it is...

Pmoney
05-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
There are some that call our offseason program bootcamp from time to time. ;)
well it paid off this last year

Fotbol
05-10-2007, 07:39 AM
first of all im not taking anything away from the soldiers cause i fully support them but im just saying i dont believe it is as hard as some people say it is... Trust me Offseason has no comparison to Marine boot camp, no where close I doubt the kids in your offseason program could make thru a Marine bootcamp starting from 1988 and Before!

sww-bull52
05-10-2007, 09:00 AM
first of all im not taking anything away from the soldiers cause i fully support them but im just saying i dont believe it is as hard as some people say it is...

Trust me when I say Marine Corps boot camp is tougher than your off season and two-a-days put together.