PDA

View Full Version : New 20 3A

punt
02-05-2004, 11:26 AM
Anyone got any predictions for Dist 20 next season. I understand Bellville is losing 28 Srs. but they seem to never run out of quality players. Wonder how many Rice has returning. Should be some tough games with Rice, Bellville, Sealy and Navasota. Don't know if Columbus will figure in and we know Hempstead is still trying to rebuild. May be one of the toughest districts in the state.

Bellville22
02-05-2004, 11:46 AM
Certainly should be a very tough district. It's a long way away, but just looking ahead, I see Navasota as the team to beat, followed by Rice. The Rattlers will return Chris Smith, and I believe their QB, Martin. Rice loses some talent, but get Huffman back, who's should be one of the top 3A RBs in the state. He alone gives that team a chance to win every week. Bellville and Sealy should battle for the 3rd slot. Both were hit hard by graduation this year. Bellville will have a few great athletes capable of making big plays, but a fairly weak Jr. class and the lack of quality leaders that this past year's team possessed will most likely leave the Brahmas fighting for a playoff slot. Look for quite a few Sophs. to see lots of action next year, as that is a very talented class, one which could make the Bulls an elite team once again in a few years. Don't know much about Sealy, other than they lose a ton to graduation as well.

Should be an interesting year, and will certainly be a very competitive district for several years.

But that's months away, right now I'm just ready for some baseball.

texcaj
02-05-2004, 11:50 AM
I agree it will be a tough district. Navasota is returning 8 offensive starters including 4 linemen, martin, the qb and smith, the rb. Defensively they will need some seniors to step up and play. They lost the whole secondary and linebacking corp, but underclassmen saw a lot of playing time in the season so they should be good to go. They will have a lot of seniors this next year. This could very easily be the toughest district in the state now that newton went down and all those other teams went up.

Specklebelly
02-06-2004, 07:36 PM
Navasota should win this district. Bellville, Sealy and Rice all lost a ton of Seniors and those three should fight it out for the other two spots. Columbus will pull an upset or two by playing their grind it out style and lulling the other team to sleep but they just dont have the talent those other four schools do. Hempstead may have the talent but they're thinking about basketball over there by the end of September. No stud teams in this district this year but it should be extremely competitive.