PDA

View Full Version : TxBroadcaster

bhtrainer
05-09-2007, 10:00 AM
hey just thought i would give you a good example of texas country vs. country....listen to Randy Rogers version of the song "Somebody Take Me Home" and then listen to Kenny Chesney's version of it on his new cd...you can defenitly tell the difference...

Adidas410s
05-09-2007, 10:02 AM
good call. If you ever want to hear a song lose its edge and emotion...that's a perfect example.

BuffyMars
05-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Too bad I don't care enough to listen. :tongue:

Txbroadcaster
05-09-2007, 10:04 AM
I am about to listen to both.comments later

bhtrainer
05-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Too bad I don't care enough to listen. :tongue:

thats why i was talkin to im sure your much nicer husband!!!!:hairpunk: jk

Adidas410s
05-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I'm still mad at myself for wasting $.99 on iTunes to get the KC version. Then again...RRB would get some sort of royalty for it...so it wasn't that bad!

BuffyMars
05-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by bhtrainer
thats why i was talkin to im sure your much nicer husband!!!!:hairpunk: jk

Hahahaha!!! :D

Adidas410s

oh...and listen to the RRB version first...then you can see what Nashville can do to destroy a good song...

bhtrainer
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I'm still mad at myself for wasting $.99 on iTunes to get the KC version. Then again...RRB would get some sort of royalty for it...so it wasn't that bad!

its amazing how bad KC kills it tho...i mean it loses all the meaning...when RRB sings it you can actually relate...

GreenMonster
05-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Another great example is listen to Pat Green's Live version of Southbound 35 vs the Nashville version of Southbound. Total disappointment. They stole all of the energy that made the song great. Someday Nashville might wake up and understand that it's not the words and it's not music it's the combination of the words and the music along with the energy that makes a Texas country song a great song.

Txbroadcaster
05-09-2007, 10:09 AM
OK just listened to both

Thoughts

Randy Rogers Version:
Sounds less produced

Chesney
Sounds more produced

Thoughts
they are country songs the end

Adidas410s
05-09-2007, 10:10 AM
OK just listened to both

Thoughts

Randy Rogers Version:
Sounds less produced

Chesney
Sounds more produced

Thoughts
they are country songs the end
I'm guessing you listened to clips of the songs??? :thinking:

Txbroadcaster
05-09-2007, 10:16 AM
I'm guessing you listened to clips of the songs??? :thinking:

Sorry but the big difference in "sound" is production value.

RRB sounds "rougher" Now my question is..Do they sound rougher because they truly are..Or is it a ploy to act like they are non mainstream

The Alternative side of Rock Music gave it a truly different voice in the beginning, BUT then bands TRIED to sound edgier for the sake of saying we are edgier and so we are alternative.

Without knowing the "Texas Country/Music/We are not Nashville/Red Dirt Scene I dont know the true intentions

Adidas410s
05-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Sorry but the big difference in "sound" is production value.

RRB sounds "rougher" Now my question is..Do they sound rougher because they truly are..Or is it a ploy to act like they are non mainstream

The Alternative side of Rock Music gave it a truly different voice in the beginning, BUT then bands TRIED to sound edgier for the sake of saying we are edgier and so we are alternative.

Without knowing the "Texas Country/Music/We are not Nashville/Red Dirt Scene I dont know the true intentions

The rough, edgy sound is Randy's voice. It's not something that's produced. I'll PM you a link where you can listen to some live clips and you'll see that it's not anything produced.

Also, the whole "we aren't Nashville" thing really carried strong until about 02-03. Since then...the scene has shifted away from the country side more towards the southern rock/country hybrid side...and you don't really hear people writing about the greatness of Texas and/or about being anti-Nashville anymore. The music has evolved from the college party scene to more deeper, personal topics. Hey...maybe it could be called Texas emo music!!! :eek:

Txbroadcaster
05-09-2007, 10:24 AM
The rough, edgy sound is Randy's voice. It's not something that's produced. I'll PM you a link where you can listen to some live clips and you'll see that it's not anything produced.

Also, the whole "we aren't Nashville" thing really carried strong until about 02-03. Since then...the scene has shifted away from the country side more towards the southern rock/country hybrid side...and you don't really hear people writing about the greatness of Texas and/or about being anti-Nashville anymore. The music has evolved from the college party scene to more deeper, personal topics. Hey...maybe it could be called Texas emo music!!! :eek:

No your missing my point..The roughness of a voice is one thing..The decision to then produce the voice in to a certain style is another thing.

You can soften a rough voice in studio and you can take a soft voice and make it edgier

MY QUESTION...Do they let his roughness show because they truly are just some guys who pick N sing and dont care if people listen or not

OR is it all for the sake of saying hey we sound rough, this means we have more emotions and this means we are edgier

Adidas410s
05-09-2007, 10:29 AM
No your missing my point..The roughness of a voice is one thing..The decision to then produce the voice in to a certain style is another thing.

You can soften a rough voice in studio and you can take a soft voice and make it edgier

MY QUESTION...Do they let his roughness show because they truly are just some guys who pick N sing and dont care if people listen or not

OR is it all for the sake of saying hey we sound rough, this means we have more emotions and this means we are edgier

It's not something that's produced/created/fictionalized. It's hard to exemplify that though on albums. The only way to really show that is through their live shows. There are some good clips on Youtube that might give you a better picture of what I'm trying to say.

bhtrainer
05-09-2007, 12:25 PM

they let the "roughness" show because they dont care...texas country people are there to drink and play guitar because they know they will have a loyal fan base no matter wut